Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 23, 2021, 09:44 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Days Gone PC - Released

Quote:
Sony today announced the next generation of its PlayStation VR headset, as part of which president and chief executive officer of Sony Interactive Entertainment Jim Ryan did the interview circuit. Talking to GQ the question of releasing PlayStation games on PC came up, and Ryan had only positive things to say. Sony, of course, traditionally did not publish PlayStation games on other platforms.

"A few things changed," says Ryan. "We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make."

TL; DR: making games is more expensive than ever. Sony likes making money from its games, and getting them on PC is easy. "A whole slate" of first-party titles is apparently on the way, and the first game announced is open-world bike-'em-up Days Gone, coming "this spring."

https://www.pcgamer.com/more-playsta...e-this-spring/

Is this a yay or meh?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:06 AM   #2
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Meh. I played it. It was a decent game overall but some of the game mechanics were just poorly done. I ended up just breezing through main story. Also some names, red neck attitude in conversations and flashbacks were boring af.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:10 AM   #3
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

It isn't bad.

Depends on the price you pay.

At best, its a fun gameplay mash of up 'Far Cry' and 'The Last of Us', as I can best describe it.

At worst, resource hunting slog, especially fuel.

Beautiful game but not a truly believable world.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:28 AM   #4
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I never finished on the PS4 so would be interested in this on the PC so its a maybuy from me.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:42 AM   #5
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like Amazon France were correct yet again. A year ago they listed the PC version (discussed in this thread) and many pointed out that Amazon France had previously accurately leaked other exclusive ports.

I'm glad this is coming to PC as I hear it's a visual masterclass for Unreal Engine.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 01:06 PM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I've been wanting to play this for a while, and just received it this past Christmas. Now, maybe I'll wait and play it on PC.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 01:07 PM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Looks like Amazon France were correct yet again. A year ago they listed the PC version (discussed in this thread) and many pointed out that Amazon France had previously accurately leaked other exclusive ports.

I'm glad this is coming to PC as I hear it's a visual masterclass for Unreal Engine.
I Remember that leak.

Depends on the price. Probably going to be EGS exclusive.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:03 PM   #8
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's up on Steam now (link), release date: Spring 2021.

Recommended requirements:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] or Ryzen 5 [email protected]
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD for storage is recommended
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:22 PM   #9
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Release Date:
26 Apr, 2019

Good to hear. Hope to see them increase the frequency of releases.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:36 PM   #10
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Release Date:
26 Apr, 2019
That's the initial release date.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:03 PM   #11
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

On Steam ... I'm shocked. Thought EGS would be favourite.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 11:29 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Come on god of war

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2021, 12:26 AM   #13
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Come on god of war
That would be sweet!
Old Feb 24, 2021, 02:59 PM   #14
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Days Gone was a fun ride and managed to sink it's hooks into me. The weather effects in the game impressed me a bit. Snow/Rain changed how your bike handled, etc. Wish there was more bike customization though.

Story was pretty standard, but it actually did play it with a bit of heart. Just have to realize you're playing a biker dude and roll with it. Unfortunately like all open world games now a days, there are holes in the narrative. It never feels like you're getting the whole story. You'll do one mission and then work on another and it feels like there should have been a little more exposition somewhere to flesh out between things. Like they mention things that you should have seen, but don't, if you know what I mean.

Either way, I was surprised by it and had a good time. Was a fun world to explore. Almost Platted the sucker on my PS4. Good to see it'll get a wider audience.

I wonder when we'll get some new news about the sequel.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2021, 11:44 AM   #15
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

It had some amazing details that demonstrated some love from the devs.

Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2021, 01:04 PM   #16
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Come on god of war

Nah tent pole IPs will most likely never come to PC
God of War
Spider-Man
Last of Us
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank

Things that we could expect
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn sequel (likely a year + after initial launch)
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2021, 04:37 PM   #17
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
God of War
Spider-Man
Last of Us
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank

Things that we could expect
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Horizon Zero Dawn sequel (likely a year + after initial launch)
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

We can dream. 4k God of War at 120fps

Old Feb 26, 2021, 04:12 AM   #18
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Agreed - or at best, in the same way Microsoft has brought the Master Chief Collection to PC. Halo 4 is the most 'recent' release in the MCC, and even that dates back to 2012.
Old May 18, 2021, 10:11 AM   #19
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Default Days Gone (PC)

So this thing released today for pc. Took forever to unpack . Typically I don't have issues *shrugs*. Started playing and had a strange slow motion bug happen. Seems it was also prevalent on the console version too. Anywho the game looks really good graphically. I'm sure it will be fun
Old May 18, 2021, 10:19 AM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

Frame rate looks good and optimized..

Old May 18, 2021, 10:31 AM   #21
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Frame rate looks good and optimized..

noice!
Old May 18, 2021, 10:35 AM   #22
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks for the merge . After watching that video maybe its just a strange visual thing and not necessarily a bug?

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : May 18, 2021 at 10:51 AM.
Old May 19, 2021, 02:06 AM   #23
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like early reviews in, some issues with cpu and gpu usage, hitching etc., so sounds like I’ll wait for some patching and you folk to test and tell me once working smoothly. Ta.
Old May 19, 2021, 09:08 AM   #24
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
We can dream. 4k God of War at 120fps
Shouldn't the PS5 do this already
Old May 19, 2021, 09:26 AM   #25
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Additionally, the game suffers from some “speed” issues when riding your bike. You can easily notice these issues when the framerate drops below 60fps. At high framerates, this “speed” issue is not that noticeable. Thus, we strongly suggest playing the game with more than 70fps (at least until Bend Studio fixes this issue).
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perform...ance-analysis/
Old May 19, 2021, 09:27 AM   #26
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

NHL 21
Old May 20, 2021, 01:53 AM   #27
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Picked this up via CDkeys for $54 AUD, installed, waiting on a couple of patches and then will commence it after A Plague Tale Innocence which is waiting on me to finish off Ghost Recon Breakpoint first.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2021, 07:28 AM   #28
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Picked this up via CDkeys for $54 AUD, installed, waiting on a couple of patches and then will commence it after A Plague Tale Innocence which is waiting on me to finish off Ghost Recon Breakpoint first.

, why you pick it up then?

By the time you get to it it'll be $20 Rupees.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2021, 09:57 AM   #29
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post

I got my copy at Fanatical for about $48 CAD.
Old May 20, 2021, 10:05 AM   #30
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Y'all should have bought it day one from the Tim Epic store.

#supportthedevs
#Tim Epic
#iceberg
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote