Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 5, 2021, 08:08 AM   #11
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Was wondering something and didn't really feel it needed its own thread, so I'm asking here.

I've been using a 21:9 display for about 6-7 months now and played hundreds of gaming hours with it and I just had my first experience of motion sickness while gaming on it. I cannot say for sure if its the 21:9 aspect ratio, or just the game that's causing it, which is my question.

The game is question is Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Yeah its an oldie, using the community made "Unofficial Patch" with it that adds widescreen support, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I tried messing with the FOV and framerate cap settings which did not seem to help at all.

I can remember years ago one other game giving me motion sickness - Star Wars: Jedi Knight Outcast. But I could fix that simply by increasing the FOV to 90 or above, and that was well before I was using 21:9. But in Vampire this is not helping, which leads me to believe it could be this game plus the 21:9 aspect ratio. So testing that theory I played the game for a bit in 16:9 and I think it might have helped. Of course I still had the sickly feeling since it was right after playing for about 30 minutes in 21:9, so can't say for sure yet.

Has anyone else experienced this at all with 21:9? If so in which games, and what did you do to help it?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote