Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Nov 26, 2002, 12:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SH3200
Radeon R420

SH3200 is still being judged by the masses

Default More Video Card Ram or Higher Quality Video Card Ram

You know i was just wondering randomly... which would be better on a vid card like 128 MB of DDR2 or maybe like 16MB of ntSRAM. SRAM would solve all the issues of "bandwith" and latency for a very very very very long time, but on the other hand theres less space to store textures....
Another which generation do you guyz think ATI will useSRAM technology on their cards. After all the Artx team already demonstrated it on the gamecube, so when will we be having it on vid cards ?

A 64 MB ntSRAM R400 would knock the socks off any bandwith compression nvidia could claim... i dont know the bandwith rate of ntSRAM but i do know the flipper chip uses 1Tbit-SRAM and that gives you a physical bandwith of 133GB/s making DDR I/II/III look like crap in comparison. I could be very wrong with my calculations so feel free to correct me

Reply Appreciated
thxs in advance
SH3200 is offline   Reply With Quote