Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Feb 20, 2003, 05:10 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Schroinx

Schroinx is still being judged by the masses

Default Monitor/Resolution prob after installing new monitor on Radeon AIW

I have been quite satisfied with my Radeon AIW so far. Until I got my hands on a Intergraph 21sd95 (Panasonic OEM TX-D2162W) monitor, as the RAIW does not see it. What happens is that after plugging in the monitor in the RAIW board, the comp starts in limited resolution (16X640X480). I cannot change it and if I try the colors go down to 4bit or something. Rebooting means a black screen after the winxp startup logo and if I start in VGA mode the same happens. EG the comp starts in limited resolution (16X640X480), and the result is as above.

Under the monitors tab, it reports two monitors connected, a PnP monitor and a VGA Deafult. I have tried playing around with this, disabeling one or the other. Installing drivers for the monitor on one or the other, with no luck.

I have tried reinstalling WinXP and the newest RAIW drivers, several times. Tried running with the MS drivers and no luck. Tried installing winme and 2k and still the same...

Funny thing is when I remove the RAIW and plug the monitor in the onboard i740 GPU, there is no problems. My mobo is a ASUS CUSL2 with the newes bios revision (1009). Other hardware present is a Maxtor and a IBM HD, Live! Platinium and 3Com 905B and a Plextor Combo drive.

I have tried searching on this subject but with no luck. Please poin me in the rigth direction if this have already been solved. I have also tried ATI support, getting a standart e-mail back about installing the drivers proberly.

Regards
Schroinx

PS: Did I say that my old monitor was a EIZO...

Last edited by Schroinx : Feb 23, 2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 07:01 PM   #2
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands

magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses

You shouldn't have two monitors installed since the AIW Radeon doesn't support dual monitors.
What I think it might be doing is running your old Eizo's monitor settings on your Panasonic and the Panasonic doesn't support it.
Try removing both monitors from the device manager and letting it redetect the monitor. Then install the monitor profile for it and see if it works.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 06:21 AM   #3
Schroinx

Schroinx is still being judged by the masses

Thanks for your reply. However it does not seems to be the problem, as I have tried reinstalling win, with the same result. And I have also tried removing the two monitors showing up in the systemproperties, and the let it autodetect the monitor. With no luck so far.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad