Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 7, 2021, 06:25 PM   #1141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

totally fair. There is the 32" version of the G7, but they went 1440p instead of 4k to get 240Hz. I think only LG and Asus are even attempting 4k, High Hz and under 30"

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2021, 06:30 PM   #1142
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah.. not interested in 1440p. The age of high refresh rate 4K is NOW
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:28 AM   #1143
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Surprise surprise ... My Benq Sw240 just "created" the first dead pixel.Didn't expected this.

Later edit: i decide to try a soft cloth to unstuck the pixel but fortunetly it was just something on the surface of the screen.

Last edited by badsykes : Apr 10, 2021 at 06:10 AM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:34 PM   #1144
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hardware Unboxed G5 34” curved ultrawide review is out and underwhelming

https://youtu.be/xNIzqm5t6o0
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:53 AM   #1145
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like gigabyte is planning to release a monitor with the same panel as the LG 48CX.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78707...ech/index.html
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:13 PM   #1146
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Surprise surprise ... My Benq Sw240 just "created" the first dead pixel.Didn't expected this.

Later edit: i decide to try a soft cloth to unstuck the pixel but fortunetly it was just something on the surface of the screen.
So you made this post before you even tried wiping the screen...

Surprise surprise..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 13, 2021, 01:33 PM   #1147
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
So you made this post before you even tried wiping the screen...

Surprise surprise..

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2021, 02:22 PM   #1148
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

I tried also to overclock the Benq sw240 and i ended to 70hz maximum.At 70hz the 10bit mode is deactivated.At 75hz the image looks giberish.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 02:27 PM   #1149
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

In this video HU addressed also the "1080p is dying" theory and they made some research about this and presented some graphs:

Old Apr 13, 2021, 03:54 PM   #1150
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

He's dead, Jim.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2021, 07:16 PM   #1151
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
In this video HU addressed also the "1080p is dying" theory and they made some research about this and presented some graphs:

1080p is fine for smaller monitors thanks to DSR. I would rather have a 144hz+ 1080p monitor than a 60hz 4K.

Though for games that run well enough, you can still use DSR on a 4K for an even better picture.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:24 PM   #1152
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Lg 27EP950-B OLED monitor only 3000$

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...4455f4fdc86ff3
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:29 PM   #1153
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Folding@home

Quote:
Lg 27EP950-B OLED monitor only 3000$

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...4455f4fdc86ff3
That's not a real listing. LG hasn't announced pricing yet.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 01:13 PM   #1154
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That's not a real listing. LG hasn't announced pricing yet.
The same price is also here:

https://www.displayninja.com/new-monitors/
Old Apr 14, 2021, 02:48 PM   #1155
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Do you see the price posted by LG or on LG's website?

..... no.

Though I do expect a 27" OLED to cost $3000 honestly.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 03:43 PM   #1156
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Why no 32" OLED
Old Apr 14, 2021, 09:30 PM   #1157
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Why no 32" OLED
There is. It's $4000 lol
Old Apr 15, 2021, 04:56 PM   #1158
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

5th monitor seems to be doing well.
ASUS VG34VQL1B, highest scores for a 'budget' (my ass) gaming monitor according to rtings.
I am questioning backlight bleeding only.
Any good soul here willing to take a look at this pic and tell me what they think? Is it acceptable?
Needs to be opened fullscreen and in the dark.
Horrible cell phone shot, it tends to exaggerate the problem a bit.
Curious to know your opinion, thanks guys.

Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:20 PM   #1159
Nunz
RIP Roxen

That's completely normal IPS bleed
Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:39 PM   #1160
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Looks fine to me. Some is always expected.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:49 PM   #1161
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
That's completely normal IPS bleed

Indeed

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 08:24 PM   #1162
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

thx people, I'm reassured.
Finally enjoying monitor.
@Nunz, it's VA
Old Apr 15, 2021, 08:30 PM   #1163
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Still has backlight bleed, but yeah, oops
Old Apr 15, 2021, 09:00 PM   #1164
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Seems fine.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:47 PM   #1165
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I found a sale for a 1440p Dell S2721DGF ... 340 euro // 380$ and i thought it was a syncronicity at the end of the return period of the Benq. I bought it.
In the review on Rtings the out-of-box color reproduction is abysmal.They gave a 6 before calibration and 9.7 after.I hope i will calibrate it for now with the lagom.nl website.
The dust just settled for Lurk

Last edited by badsykes : Apr 16, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:14 PM   #1166
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I always find it funny when people think that calibrating and saving ICC profiles does anything. Most applications override your ICC profile anyway ..
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:39 PM   #1167
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

You can always calibrate without creating a ICC profile and still get great results.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 09:34 AM   #1168
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

The dell s2721DGF came today.No dead pixels.There are corners that are a bit darker but not a big deal.I am pleased with the state.Also it was at 380$.The only thing that nagging me is resolution.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 06:22 PM   #1169
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like this summer will be when we finally get decent HDR monitors, acer is also releasing a mini-led panel.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/ac...t-and-hdr2000/

Looks like it is "just" a rebadge of the g9 though.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 04:51 AM   #1170
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Looks like this summer will be when we finally get decent HDR monitors, acer is also releasing a mini-led panel.

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/ac...t-and-hdr2000/

Looks like it is "just" a rebadge of the g9 though.

The mini leds are too expensive to matter too much.

"The pricing on Taobao should probably be taken with a pinch of salt as this is very early information and could change. It’s listed at 14999 RMB, which is about $2300 USD. That’s certainly more sensible than the $4600 place-holder pricing for the Samsung alternative. Further confirmation of pricing and regional availability when we get it."