Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:01 AM   #1201
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
The funny part is many rich people here that got 2080ti replaced it with 3080 or 3090.From flagship to flagship.
Some wanted to go from 3080 to 3080ti if there was stock ...
You're right, should have just stayed with 1080p 60hz.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:21 AM   #1202
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Another thing to remember is its game dependent. The vast majority of PC games will run great on top end hardware, and likely close to your displays max refresh rate. At most maybe turn down 1 or 2 settings a tick.

Just the highest of high end games might be a struggle maintaining a constant 144. But like demo said, you don't need to be matching the framerate to the refresh rate for a smooth experience with Gsync or other VRR tech. You are over thinking this, and sounds like you just need to experience it for yourself to understand.

I also try to shoot for 100 fps average in high end games, but honestly I'm still satisfied as long as it stays above 60 fps.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:50 AM   #1203
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
You're right, should have just stayed with 1080p 60hz.

I find it much harder to choose a gpu for 1440p 144hz than for 1080p 60hz.
The prices for the 3080ti / 3070ti and 3090 are really overinflated just because they are premium.Let alone the pandemic.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:54 AM   #1204
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Another thing to remember is its game dependent. The vast majority of PC games will run great on top end hardware, and likely close to your displays max refresh rate. At most maybe turn down 1 or 2 settings a tick.

Just the highest of high end games might be a struggle maintaining a constant 144. But like demo said, you don't need to be matching the framerate to the refresh rate for a smooth experience with Gsync or other VRR tech. You are over thinking this, and sounds like you just need to experience it for yourself to understand.

I also try to shoot for 100 fps average in high end games, but honestly I'm still satisfied as long as it stays above 60 fps.

Don't get me wrong.I am not so much obsessed with VRR actually.I prefer the tearing instead of huge lag.
With Eizo in some games i had to cap the game at 60fps mannually so i had to get less lag.My previous monitor didn't have VRR.This is why my brain remained with fps / hz parity.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:44 AM   #1205
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Don't get me wrong.I am not so much obsessed with VRR actually.I prefer the tearing instead of huge lag.
With Eizo in some games i had to cap the game at 60fps mannually so i had to get less lag.My previous monitor didn't have VRR.This is why my brain remained with fps / hz parity.
Of course with any VRR there is going to be a small amount of latency introduced, but the benefits far outweigh that.

Also, if latency does manage to bother you even on higher refresh rate displays just cap framerate to slightly below your native refresh rate and Gsync limit, just like we used to do with Vsync. So on a 144Hz display cap to 140-143 or below.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:43 AM   #1206
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
I find it much harder to choose a gpu for 1440p 144hz than for 1080p 60hz.
The prices for the 3080ti / 3070ti and 3090 are really overinflated just because they are premium.Let alone the pandemic.
Which is part of the reason it's not worth a jump for the person asking the question in his video. On PC you can wait it out and get around the issue by adjusting settings, using GSync/Freesync/VVR and in some cases use up-scalers.

Part of whats so awesome about PC hardware/gaming is the flexibility. Having a monitor with a high-refresh rate just adds to that.

Quote:
Of course with any VRR there is going to be a small amount of latency introduced, but the benefits far outweigh that.

Also, if latency does manage to bother you even on higher refresh rate displays just cap framerate to slightly below your native refresh rate and Gsync limit, just like we used to do with Vsync. So on a 144Hz display cap to 140-143 or below.
Careful which game you do this in. Not every game benefits, some actually get a latency increase from doing that.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:23 PM   #1207
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Careful which game you do this in. Not every game benefits, some actually get a latency increase from doing that.
I usually don't do it, was just a suggestion.

Personally the only time I cap my framerate is when playing older games that run at super high framerates, which cause GPU usage and temps to go higher than necessary.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 02:53 PM   #1208
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Burn those idiots!

Oh, wait.....

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 02:54 PM   #1209
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Imagine going from a 3080 to a 3090. Idiot!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 02:56 PM   #1210
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Imagine going from a 3080 to a 3090. Idiot!
I know!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 03:00 PM   #1211
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
The funny part is many rich people here that got 2080ti replaced it with 3080 or 3090.From flagship to flagship.

Many people here go from flagship to flagship cause its one of their hobbies, not because their system requires it. We know you dont like to or cant spend cash on hardware like some here but no reason to go and justify your lack of purchasing power by providing reasons why its bad

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:48 PM   #1212
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
'huge lag'
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:52 PM   #1213
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Many people here go from flagship to flagship cause its one of their hobbies, not because their system requires it. We know you dont like to or cant spend cash on hardware like some here but no reason to go and justify your lack of purchasing power by providing reasons why its bad
Is called a "hobby" ... ? Riiiiggght ...
Old Jun 16, 2021, 03:34 AM   #1214
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

pc gaming is serious bizzznizzz, not a hobby, you n00bs

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 09:38 PM   #1215
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Replaced my ancient HP ZR24W (1080P) with a shiny new LG 27GL83A. New monitor is 27" at 1440P, 120Hz, and GSYNC. Looks fantastic compared to the old display, and much sharper. Will make a great secondary, or a backup if I'm without the primary for a bit.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jun 25, 2021 at 09:46 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2021, 03:03 AM   #1216
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

..... RTX3090 for AAA games on ultrawide 1440p :P

Last edited by badsykes : Jun 26, 2021 at 03:10 AM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2021, 06:49 AM   #1217
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That was the stupidest video I ever skimmed, and I've skimmed many.

I play at 4K with a 3080 and I've had no problems except in Cyberpunk for obvious reasons.

Edit:

I'd also like to mention those two are legit idiots, especially the guy goddamn he's stupid and annoying.

If you're watching them all the time, no wonder you believe all the garbage that you keep spouting.

Last edited by SirBaron : Jun 26, 2021 at 06:57 AM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2021, 07:28 AM   #1218
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
That was the stupidest video I ever skimmed, and I've skimmed many.

I play at 4K with a 3080 and I've had no problems except in Cyberpunk for obvious reasons.

Edit:

I'd also like to mention those two are legit idiots, especially the guy goddamn he's stupid and annoying.

If you're watching them all the time, no wonder you believe all the garbage that you keep spouting.
From other reviewers i got the same feeling really. He just confirmed plainly what i thought that bare minimum rtx3080 for non-ultrawide 1440p.
As anoying as he is i like his way of answerering public questions.Also he is far from lying because otherwise he will lose subscribers and i feel he feeds the family from channel/channels income.

Mate 4k in cyberpunk SUCKS big time.Have you turned down stuff so much to get at least 60fps ? Look at minute 8:23 .It's not even ultra high quality and you get barely 53fps with 3090 that cost 2000$ as he said.Again the point to buy a 2000$ flagship is to NOT TURN down graphics settings.3090 is way nicer for 1440p than 4k.

Last edited by badsykes : Jun 26, 2021 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 07:42 AM   #1219
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Cyberpunk is a very poorly optimised game.

Just because one game out of thousands is very poorly made doesn't mean suddenly 3070 can't do 1440P it's beyond ridiculous.

And speaking of posting annoying people you posted a even more annoying one
Old Jun 26, 2021, 09:24 AM   #1220
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Cyberpunk is a very poorly optimised game.

Just because one game out of thousands is very poorly made doesn't mean suddenly 3070 can't do 1440P it's beyond ridiculous.

And speaking of posting annoying people you posted a even more annoying one
You got parts out of context beucase you skipped too much.If you will look at the whiole video you may understand why he said that.He is giving a broader picture.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:00 AM   #1221
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Not watching the video(s) but just had to comment on the obsolete thing.

Please define "obsolete," or what it means to you. Because I think in regards to gaming GPUs its highly subjective based on the person.

Firstly you need to be looking at what the particular video card in question is designed to handle, and whether you are realistically trying to use it based on that.

Is a video card obsolete because it cannot run the highest of high end games (poorly optimized, at that) completely maxed out and at above 1080p resolutions and not achieving a certain preferred framerate, while it can run the vast majority of other games on the market just fine? This is such silly logic, and by saying that you are basically saying for example back when the original Crysis was released all current GPUs at the time were suddenly "obsolete."

You need to look at a wide range of factors. From the display the person uses, to their standards and preferences of visual fidelity and performance, to their budget, etc. To boil it down I would say it depends on what the person expects for a minimum framerate, native res, and in game graphics settings. Also might consider if they only ever play the current top demanding games and nothing else, or if they also play lots of other less demanding games.

Bah, I don't even know why I'm bothering saying all this. So basic and redundant at this stage of PC gaming. Everyone should know this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 10:27 AM   #1222
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not watching the video(s) but just had to comment on the obsolete thing.

Please define "obsolete," or what it means to you. Because I think in regards to gaming GPUs its highly subjective based on the person.

Firstly you need to be looking at what the particular video card in question is designed to handle, and whether you are realistically trying to use it based on that.

Is a video card obsolete because it cannot run the highest of high end games (poorly optimized, at that) completely maxed out and at above 1080p resolutions and not achieving a certain preferred framerate, while it can run the vast majority of other games on the market just fine? This is such silly logic, and by saying that you are basically saying for example back when the original Crysis was released all current GPUs at the time were suddenly "obsolete."

You need to look at a wide range of factors. From the display the person uses, to their standards and preferences of visual fidelity and performance, to their budget, etc. To boil it down I would say it depends on what the person expects for a minimum framerate, native res, and in game graphics settings. Also might consider if they only ever play the current top demanding games and nothing else, or if they also play lots of other less demanding games.

Bah, I don't even know why I'm bothering saying all this. So basic and redundant at this stage of PC gaming. Everyone should know this.

The "anoying" guy is answering public questions and after watching him for a while i can say that many still asks those basic and redundant questions.Seems PC gaming is making people think actually and end up in dilemas more than the console market.I feel the PC market will continue to be a hard nut to crack.Even i look at this stuff to choose components with many years in video gaming and pc building.PC is not plug and play and maybe it will never be.If one wants plug and play consoles awaits you.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 11:10 AM   #1223
SirBaron

Quote:
The "anoying" guy is answering public questions and after watching him for a while i can say that many still asks those basic and redundant questions.Seems PC gaming is making people think actually and end up in dilemas more than the console market.I feel the PC market will continue to be a hard nut to crack.Even i look at this stuff to choose components with many years in video gaming and pc building.PC is not plug and play and maybe it will never be.If one wants plug and play consoles awaits you.
90's called, they want their revelation back.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 11:48 AM   #1224
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Well no one should be assuming PC gaming is plug and play like a console.

I don't know, I didn't watch the video so maybe I don't have the full context. But I was replying to the notion of a current gen video card being "obsolete." I guess all I'll say is citation needed.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 03:26 PM   #1225
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Well no one should be assuming PC gaming is plug and play like a console.

I don't know, I didn't watch the video so maybe I don't have the full context. But I was replying to the notion of a current gen video card being "obsolete." I guess all I'll say is citation needed.
He is talking about ultrawide 1440p that make the 3070 obsolette because of the triple AAA games like Cyberpunk.The next year AAA games may not hit 60fps on some "cheaper" 3000 series card like 3070 or 3080.It doesn't matter if the monitor is high refresh or not 60fps value awaits you

Last edited by badsykes : Jun 26, 2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 03:34 PM   #1226
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Upcoming games will not push cards the same way as cyberpunk, games will be developed for a gpu that is about as fast as a 2080 Super in raster performance and slower than a 2080 in RT-performance.

And there is always the option to just run games at 2560x1440 on UW monitors.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2021, 05:34 PM   #1227
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
He is talking about ultrawide 1440p that make the 3070 obsolette because of the triple AAA games like Cyberpunk.The next year AAA games may not hit 60fps on some "cheaper" 3000 series card like 3070 or 3080.It doesn't matter if the monitor is high refresh or not 60fps value awaits you
So is the 3070 still obsolete for a gamer who has no interest in playing high end games like Cyberpunk? Why would a handful of games among thousands render a video card obsolete just because you can't run max settings for them?

You have a funny logic.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 07:35 PM   #1228
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Got to find some way to justify not being able to buy things.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2021, 09:12 PM   #1229
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

3070 runs most games just fine. Only game I had an issue with was RE8 maxed out where it said you have 8GB vram and I had options selected for 12+ GB.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:14 AM   #1230
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So is the 3070 still obsolete for a gamer who has no interest in playing high end games like Cyberpunk? Why would a handful of games among thousands render a video card obsolete just because you can't run max settings for them?

You have a funny logic.

Well is not entirely my personal logic.I explained to you what you skipped from the video.
Plain and simple if you want to play Cyberpunk and some other AAA titles and some next year AAA titles on ultrawide 1440p the 3070 is already DOA.The point was to not play at medium settings!
The anoying guy explained this because he already tried this situation so he had to go with 3090 and pay over 2000$.And HU confirmed that