Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 28, 2021, 09:51 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

To me with CPUs, it all depends on what the user is going to use them for.

If you are going to game then at this point AMD and Intel are essentially even. At that point it's what ever is a cheaper solution. Monitors have high enough resolution and the GPU workloads on new GPU straining games are high enough that CPUs really don't matter as much as GPUs.

Now if you plan to do some work on your computer then the fun begins. AMD stands out because they basically turn your machine into a mini HEDT with the 5900x and 5950x. The trick there is finding one at a decent price point. The problem that I ran into with the new AMD CPUs is actually finding one.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 05:53 AM   #302
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

613 bones for an Intel 11900K. Please suck a lollipop Intel.

Last edited by KAC : Mar 30, 2021 at 07:42 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 07:30 AM   #303
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think you better reword your post before the ban hammer hits you in the head.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2021, 07:42 AM   #304
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I think you better reword your post before the ban hammer hits you in the head.
Dafuq?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 07:56 AM   #305
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dafuq?
Thanks, you need to keep it cleaner, and also reword your personal tag. We can't ask people to lay off the mum jokes with your "all belong to me" tag.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:41 AM   #306
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The i7 11900k is a hard sell over the 10900k, it costs more and you get less cores.

And the performance is pretty much the same.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:46 AM   #307
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The i7 11900k is a hard sell over the 10900k, it costs more and you get less cores.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:46 AM   #308
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

I haven't been reading all the reviews. What's the supposed benefits of the 11 series then?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:18 AM   #309
KAC
It might be gays!

It gets you 700+ CBR20 score.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:21 AM   #310
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
And that's about it!

I'm hoping the resizable bar will give me some minor improvements....

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:34 AM   #311
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
And that's about it!

I'm hoping the resizable bar will give me some minor improvements....
According to this site, the 11900K actually has a lower CBR20 MT score than the 10900K. And it doesn't even come close to 700 in single thread.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-11600k-review
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:19 AM   #312
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:30 AM   #313
KAC
It might be gays!

You can hit 700+ by extreme over clocking just like I hit 680 on my 5900X by tweaking best I could. Many 5900X and 5950X also hit 700+ on CBR20.

Apart from that there is no version of this where you should buy a 11900K over a 10900K or 5800X.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:34 AM   #314
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

It just boggles my mind that the 11th gen Intel chips actually went backwards in terms of speed, cores and threads. WTF was Intel thinking? Who would buy these chips, aside from system integrators?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:39 AM   #315
KAC
It might be gays!

Already selling for 900 bones on eBay and 620 on NE.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:40 AM   #316
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
It just boggles my mind that the 11th gen Intel chips actually went backwards in terms of speed, cores and threads. WTF was Intel thinking? Who would buy these chips, aside from system integrators?
They simply can't get any more performance out of 14nm. They've pushed the clock speed as much as it will go and power consumption is a big issue.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:41 AM   #317
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Already selling for 900 bones on eBay and 620 on NE.
Yeah, insert lollipop comment here.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:58 AM   #318
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Thanks, you need to keep it cleaner, and also reword your personal tag. We can't ask people to lay off the mum jokes with your "all belong to me" tag.
c'mon acroig you just derailed normal bahaviour in KAC..Most here was acustomed to that.It felt like there was nothing wrong actually.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:51 PM   #319
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

And power usage with ABT is excessive.

For the most part it's a wash, but in the most CPU intensive PC games like MSFS2020 and Total War WH2 & 3K it crushes both Cometlake and Ryzen with 15 to 20% gains.

It also supports RTX IO thanks to gen4 which 10900k does not.

Other than that it's not remarkable in any metric.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:55 PM   #320
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post

It's faster in most CPU bound games, insanely faster for video encoding or AVX workloads, supports gen4 for storage, GPU and RTX IO.

Personally I'd rather buy it than 10900k, but it is overpriced.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 06:18 PM   #321
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Old Mar 30, 2021, 06:59 PM   #322
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

💩
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 07:52 AM   #323
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
💩

some company for the poop emoji

Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:49 AM   #324
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

So, I thought that the AMD/Intel battle would be much more close than this. They can't make a 10 core chip with this 14++++++++ refresh so we get regression and at best stagnation...

Instead of competing with AMD this basically looks like Intel is forfeiting spectacularly.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:10 PM   #325
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think it's very obvious Intel didn't work on RKL much. They pushed a product out while they focus on AlderLake and the upcoming platform changes.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:15 PM   #326
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I think it's very obvious Intel didn't work on RKL much. They pushed a product out while they focus on AlderLake and the upcoming platform changes.
Or they tried to shrink a 10nm part into 14nm, had to cut cores and came up with this turd?

yoz
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:18 PM   #327
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

A turd samwich!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:26 PM   #328
demo
space cadet

It's extremely rushed. The BIOS and microcode situation is horrendous. Buggy as hell and they have released several microcode updates since launch. Gigabyte boards are still using 2 week old versions..

Adored canned his review half way through as there were significant changes hours before and after launch. This thing not ready for prime time.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:42 PM   #329
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Glad I got the 10900F when I did, instead of waiting for the 11900. Couldn’t be happier with my new system.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:44 PM   #330
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
It's extremely rushed. The BIOS and microcode situation is horrendous. Buggy as hell and they have released several microcode updates since launch. Gigabyte boards are still using 2 week old versions..

Adored canned his review half way through as there were significant changes hours before and after launch. This thing not ready for prime time.
So they are basically copying AMD then.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote