Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 8, 2021, 07:37 AM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Old Apr 8, 2021, 08:04 AM   #362
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Demo show us the money?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 08:32 AM   #363
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Console King

Nothing to show, delayed for a couple weeks :/

But the guy at work buying my 10700k wants to buy mobo aswell, so I picked up a z590 Maximus XIII Hero and HX1000. ASUS seem to be the best with BIOS updates. Gigabyte still have 3 week old firmware for z490.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 8, 2021, 08:41 AM   #364
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Bummer.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:21 AM   #365
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s a tight build.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:45 AM   #366
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That’s a tight build.
You didn't say that about mine.....

yoz
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:47 AM   #367
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

But the guy at work buying my 10700k wants to buy mobo aswell, so I picked up a z590 Maximus XIII Hero and HX1000. ASUS seem to be the best with BIOS updates. Gigabyte still have 3 week old firmware for z490.
I'd say MSI is best. Apparently ASUS are the only board maker that hasn't released a ReBAR BIOS for Z390. The HERO is grossly overpriced on Z590. It's a $299-349 board that they somehow jacked up to $499 now. Insanity.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:30 AM   #368
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You didn't say that about mine.....
Haha. Old gen.
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:30 AM   #369
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Haha. Old gen.
Harsh....

yoz
Old Apr 8, 2021, 12:48 PM   #370
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

12c?? Hard to believe the indium solder on the intel is that poor. Its almost as bad as when intel switched to a paste way back when.

Im thinking derbauer got a bad sample and got a huge temp uplift due to that. Lets see some more delids before its deemed worth the trouble. But then if his sample was bad solder it would show up in testing other 11900k's... if not they or that batch rather, are all badly made.

300w jesus.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2021, 08:26 PM   #371
demo
space cadet

Headphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'd say MSI is best. Apparently ASUS are the only board maker that hasn't released a ReBAR BIOS for Z390. The HERO is grossly overpriced on Z590. It's a $299-349 board that they somehow jacked up to $499 now. Insanity.
ASUS are using microcode for RKL 2 to 3 iterations ahead of any other vendor ATM. Shamino has been very active with the community in this regard. This is why I went with ASUS in this particular case, RKL needs a lot of attention being a new architecture.

In addition, I refuse to buy MSI out of principle.

As for the board, I got it for $100 off and PSU $39 off. It's still on sale. The board itself is great, power delivery and features are solid and most importantly for RKL, I feel software support will be the best with ASUS.

I've been avoiding ASUS but in this case it made the most sense
Old Apr 10, 2021, 02:27 AM   #372
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The 11900K is a toasty one. It's also a great gaming CPU. Running mine with a mild all core overclock of 4.9GHz and 5.4GHz two core on an Aorus Z590 Master (Turbo +1).

The things I like about it over my previous 10900K on Z490 is of course the IPC gains for PC gaming and the inclusion of PCI-E 4.0 with the extra lanes.

I have an RTX 3090, 1TB Rocket 4.0 M.2 SSD, and two 8TB Rocket Q M.2 SSDs in RAID-0, so the entire platform is a benefit to me.

The other thing is the Gear 2 memory ratio which is rarely tested in reviews. This can allow much greater memory speeds. I'm using 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 4400 (4 x 8GB) and it runs just fine with the XMP profile. There are kits coming out for Rocket Lake in the 5000+ range.
Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:18 AM   #373
demo
space cadet

Have you tried tighter timings at 3733 G1, vs XMP 4400 G2? Just curious about performance.

Also, how do the gen3 NVMe drives in raid compare to single gen4? Was thinking about doing the same with 980pro gen4 plus a couple 980's in gen3 raid.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:29 PM   #374
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Apr 10, 2021, 01:07 PM   #375
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That's a really awesome design, but monoblocks typically perform quite poorly.. not something I'd run. That's a lot of goodies packed with the board though, so the price makes sense.

The LED/OLED screen or whatever it is on the monoblock is really, really nice though. That's tasteful RGB.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 10, 2021, 02:11 PM   #376
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Have you tried tighter timings at 3733 G1, vs XMP 4400 G2? Just curious about performance.

Also, how do the gen3 NVMe drives in raid compare to single gen4? Was thinking about doing the same with 980pro gen4 plus a couple 980's in gen3 raid.

3733 won't even post with 4 DIMMs installed. Tried 3600 with CAS 14 1:1. It was overall slower compared to 4400 CAS 19 1:2.

I'm using my two 8TB NVMe drives in RAID-0 more for capacity than speed. Speed is of course also important or else I wouldn't have spent so much money on these high capacity drives. SSD brand marketing likes to advertise high sustained transfer rates which mean little for every day use. Especially when it comes to gaming. Despite that, I've seen an increase in sustained reads from 3800MB/s on Z490 to 6800MB/s on Z590. IO (which is far more important) went up about 10 to 15 percent.
Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:02 AM   #377
demo
space cadet

Got this turd up and running. Aside from the price I'm fairly pleased with it. Got an SP94 chip, which is pretty good.

Haven't OC'd cores or messed around with memory yet beyond enabling MCE and XMP. At these 'default' settings it runs at 5.3 2core/5.1 all core with 3600 CL14 memory. Doesn't seem to like 3700.. Will try for 4266+ another time. Nice to have the 980 Pro running at gen4 speeds, it's very quick. Temps are great, much better than expected.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:08 AM   #378
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Got this turd up and running. Aside from the price I'm fairly pleased with it. Got an SP94 chip, which is pretty good.

Haven't OC'd cores or messed around with memory yet beyond enabling MCE and XMP. At these 'default' settings it runs at 5.3 2core/5.1 all core with 3600 CL14 memory. Doesn't seem to like 3700.. Will try for 4266+ another time. Nice to have the 980 Pro running at gen4 speeds, it's very quick. Temps are great, much better than expected.
Nice!!

Can you do a CPUz bench of the CPU and report single/multi scores plz?

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:18 AM   #379
demo
space cadet

Funny you should ask, I was doing just that when I read your message.

713 ST
6924 MT
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:21 AM   #380
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

713 ST
6924 MT
, many thanks.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:10 PM   #381
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:

713 ST
6924 MT
713 ST is tight. Max I hit on my 5900X was 680. However, have seen gays pushing 700+ on 5900X.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:19 PM   #382
acroig
Troll SMod

I'll post mine tonight @ 5.1 see what it says.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 04:45 PM   #383
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

713 ST
6924 MT
601 ST
7513 MT

All core 5.1 GHz.

yoz
Old Apr 14, 2021, 06:00 AM   #384
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
3733 won't even post with 4 DIMMs installed. Tried 3600 with CAS 14 1:1. It was overall slower compared to 4400 CAS 19 1:2.

I'm using my two 8TB NVMe drives in RAID-0 more for capacity than speed. Speed is of course also important or else I wouldn't have spent so much money on these high capacity drives. SSD brand marketing likes to advertise high sustained transfer rates which mean little for every day use. Especially when it comes to gaming. Despite that, I've seen an increase in sustained reads from 3800MB/s on Z490 to 6800MB/s on Z590. IO (which is far more important) went up about 10 to 15 percent.
The best I can do with a kit of 4 stick B-die is 4266 CL15. I don't care what the reviews with power limits say, this thing is a beast unlocked. FS2020, Hell let loose, Total war, ARMA - IE PC games. This thing is powering through them far better than expected.

Quote:
713 ST is tight. Max I hit on my 5900X was 680. However, have seen gays pushing 700+ on 5900X.

That was stock, give me a bit of time to tweak it with good DJR memory.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 06:14 AM   #385
demo
space cadet

Another thing is, which I suspect is due to gen4 NVMe, is that I have no hitching or stutters in large/open world games that I did before. HLL for example is as smooth as BF1.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 07:39 AM   #386
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I've never had that issue in HLL. Weird
Old Apr 14, 2021, 07:46 AM   #387
demo
space cadet

Fair enough. Before I was getting streaming hitches in a few titles, but now they're gone.

TBH the 1% lows on this chip are great, noticeably improved over before, even if avg/max don't look too much better. I'm surprised GN didn't touch on this. Most games in their review, and other reviews, show better 1% lows which is what you want out of CPU bound performance.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:26 AM   #388
KAC
It might be gays!

Oh that was CPUZ. I confused it with CBR20. Then I think my scores are about 700+ ST and 10,000 MT or something.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:27 AM   #389
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Oh that was CPUZ. I confused it with CBR20. Then I think my scores are about 700+ ST and 10,000 MT or something.
PICS or STFU!

yoz
Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:29 AM   #390
KAC
It might be gays!

https://valid.x86.fr/6uje2j

I did hit over 700 and 10000 but I don’t remember the memory timings I used to get to that. Also I forgot the CO settings also when I reverted back to normal PBO with -10 CO.