Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 23, 2020, 07:31 AM   #4561
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That looks fantastic
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2020, 04:53 PM   #4562
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

From autocross yesterday, new numbers stayed on the whole event:

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:13 AM   #4563
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Traded my 08 XTerra last weekend for an 09 XTerra. After many unfortunate events in my old one, and a ton of minor issues popping up, decided to look for another one to replace it. The new one is a single owner vehicle that was pampered quite well with an excellent history of maintenance and in great condition. Should do well for the next 3-4 years.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 10, 2020, 08:30 PM   #4564
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Dropping off the car for winter underground storage. My car hauler trailer is also stored at the same facility.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 02:55 AM   #4565
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pics after all body dent removal, polishing and interior deep cleaning plus the service.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:19 AM   #4566
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

First autocross event of the year for me. I missed 2 events already.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 12:28 PM   #4567
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is that yellow gone. Well thank heavens for that.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 04:24 PM   #4568
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Is that yellow gone. Well thank heavens for that.
No. Still very much yellow.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:01 PM   #4569
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Oil change night.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:12 PM   #4570
KAC
It might be gays!

You do it yourself?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:09 PM   #4571
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
You do it yourself?
Yeah, I actually like cars and would prefer doing simple things every man should know how to do myself.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 03:17 PM   #4572
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why would I pay someone to change the oil

I put the oil I want and do it right. I don't have to worry about some clown smoking the drain plug on or tightening the oil filter with a wrench.

I maintain full maintenance on both my car and my GFs car. Yes, it's a pain in the ass sometimes, but it's cheaper and I know it gets done right every single time.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 11, 2021, 04:30 PM   #4573
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

Oil change night.
That car is so damn sexy. They need to make a new one, but just keep it the same with a newer drive train.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 05:45 PM   #4574
KAC
It might be gays!

you guys should visit the countries I live in. It is much cheaper to pay someone to do it and it gets done right every time. It’s called a car service where they check all other components as well including leaks etc.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 05:55 PM   #4575
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
you guys should visit the countries I live in. It is much cheaper to pay someone to do it and it gets done right every time. It’s called a car service where they check all other components as well including leaks etc.
At least that's what they tell you.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:52 AM   #4576
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
At least that's what they tell you.
Haven't had issues with my cars after over 22 years of driving. Might be impossible in US of A but quite the norm here.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 08:05 AM   #4577
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Haven't had issues with my cars after over 22 years of driving. Might be impossible in US of A but quite the norm here.
How do you know they're not overtorquing the oil filter or smoking the drain plug on, unless you checked it yourself? Honestly they could be keeping the same old oil in there and you wouldn't even know until something happened..

I'm sure 9/10 times it would be fine going to someone to do it, but I like cars and I like knowing things are done correctly.

I also put better oil than anything a dealer or shop would use. AMS ftw
Old Apr 12, 2021, 08:22 AM   #4578
KAC
It might be gays!

I think might be a US thing if you guys are this paranoid. In Pakistan I used to stand at the station and watch the guy do stuff like oil filter change, draining the oil and adding new oil. In UAE I just leave the car at the dealership. If there is any chance they don’t do the activity they promised they can be sued and also subject to heavy penalties/fines. Also if car does develop any issues they are liable to fix those as well.

Finally this particular service was free of charge. They even replaced all the wiper blades and did a comprehensive service. No one has any incentive to not do the job they are claiming to do as the car goes for service and then an Road and Transport Authority inspection and if it fails the inspection then again the dealership has to fix the issues without me paying a single dime.

So yeah. No such paranoia required.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 09:40 AM   #4579
Nunz
RIP Roxen

You're the one who asked why we change the oil ourselves. I didn't ask why you don't..

Leaving old oil wouldn't come up during an inspection. That would show up down nthe road when that old oil has done damage to the internals..
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:38 AM   #4580
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

the short answer would be that there are still too many unreliable "shops" out there, most of us had their fair share with shitty shops over the years. That's also why you stay with one shop if it's one of the rare good ones. (at least over here). I could literally write books about the bs i've been through even with official dealers.

That being said i'd also do the stuff myself for the fact alone that it's WAY cheaper + you actually know what's done to your car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2021, 04:47 PM   #4581
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
I think might be a US thing if you guys are this paranoid. In Pakistan I used to stand at the station and watch the guy do stuff like oil filter change, draining the oil and adding new oil. In UAE I just leave the car at the dealership. If there is any chance they don’t do the activity they promised they can be sued and also subject to heavy penalties/fines. Also if car does develop any issues they are liable to fix those as well.

Finally this particular service was free of charge. They even replaced all the wiper blades and did a comprehensive service. No one has any incentive to not do the job they are claiming to do as the car goes for service and then an Road and Transport Authority inspection and if it fails the inspection then again the dealership has to fix the issues without me paying a single dime.

So yeah. No such paranoia required.
I'm not paranoid, I like working on my cars. I take advantage of warranty on the Audi, but otherwise love wrenching.

Put it like this... Why do you build your own PCs instead of going with a manufacturer?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 09:34 PM   #4582
KAC
It might be gays!

Sure if it’s a hobby thing why not. For me I simply do not have the time or motivation to do it myself. Also I find it messy and disposal of old oil is not trivial if you want to do it in a proper way. So yeah, never tried it and probably never will.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:51 AM   #4583
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Last edited by Clockwork : Apr 21, 2021 at 02:35 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2021, 11:13 AM   #4584
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2021, 01:10 PM   #4585
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Fat Bitch got a wash today

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2021, 05:47 PM   #4586
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Looks good! I haven't washed either of mine in over a month.
Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #4587
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Looks good! I haven't washed either of mine in over a month.
I havent washed mine in awhlie either....our X1 hasnt been washed since...i dunno several months ago lol.

Everytime i want to wash...theres rain forcasted in the next 2 days....

Hopefully i can do it this weekend, looks to be a sunny week next (or at the very least not raining)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:11 AM   #4588
KAC
It might be gays!

You guys wash cars yourself? Seriously?
Here you order a dude who comes and washes for like 12 bucks.
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #4589
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Fat Bitch got a wash today
She's looking good!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:20 AM   #4590
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
You guys wash cars yourself? Seriously?
Here you order a dude who comes and washes for like 12 bucks.
If you love your ride you wash it yourself brah.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote