Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 6, 2018, 08:53 AM   #481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Yeah same here; I might just try to sell the cards and say **** it - just take a loss on the minor equipment

****, really don't know what move to make now
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:05 AM   #482
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wait till end of today. BTC already at 7K. For me 7K I get my money in 1 year with a chance of upside. So since my money was lying around anyways, it is ok to continue with this. At anything less it is just nuisance.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:10 AM   #483
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sell it. What are you waiting for?

It's going under 7 if not today then tomorrow or sometime further down the road. I hate sounding like a broken record. Look at the market history. There have been huge crashes before and it stayed down for quite a while before going up again.

Will it ever get high up like it was in December? Sure probably. But it won't stay there for months at a time.

This was never a safe investment. Never has been. Volatility is nothing new.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:22 AM   #484
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

For about the dozenth time now, if I keep with this I'm not in it for the short run or the quick gain. Volatility doesn't scare me.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:37 AM   #485
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yah that was more aimed at KAC.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:38 AM   #486
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Can a Z97 chipset run a 7th gen core processor?

Either way I have 3 PSU's already so I don't mind running 3 mobo's if that's what it takes
No but used stuff is cheaper than buying a new setup is what i meant.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:11 AM   #487
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Sell it. What are you waiting for?

It's going under 7 if not today then tomorrow or sometime further down the road. I hate sounding like a broken record. Look at the market history. There have been huge crashes before and it stayed down for quite a while before going up again.

Will it ever get high up like it was in December? Sure probably. But it won't stay there for months at a time.

This was never a safe investment. Never has been. Volatility is nothing new.
My cards aren't even here yet. Won't be till Saturday. They are already live on website to sell.

As I said I will make up my mind after today till Friday on what I want to do.

EVGAs I will refuse shipment tomorrow as refund has already been issued by Amazon. .
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:13 PM   #488
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Funny to see where the thread has gone. I have been following for awhile. Everyone in and now everyone jumping back out. Will check back in a bit to see if prices rise and people wished they would have stayed in.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:20 PM   #489
Riptide

Not everyone. 😉

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 01:14 PM   #490
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 01:28 PM   #491
Riptide

I would prefer it was left unregulated and the "wild west" however one thing that may be holding it back and hurting confidence is the lack of rules and regulation.

Could go either way really and may end up helping rather than hurting.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:16 PM   #492
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Peeps who paid attention to today's senate hearing. Based on what I heard, I think the crash has somewhat ended for now.

Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:21 PM   #493
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Peeps who paid attention to today's senate hearing. Based on what I heard, I think the crash has somewhat ended for now.
What were the cliff notes? What makes you think it's over?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 02:26 PM   #494
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
What were the cliff notes? What makes you think it's over?
So you can take the call of increased regulatory oversight as a good or bad thing. However, at the same time no on in the conversation was against crypto in general. Main line
Quote:
“We owe it to this new generation, to respect their interest in this new technology with a thoughtful regulatory approach,
CFTC chairman.

Old Feb 6, 2018, 05:11 PM   #495
KAC
It might be gays!

Seems things are going up.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 06:40 PM   #496
Riptide

Thanks Amazon. Looks like the fans I ordered are 53CFM not 74CFM. And naturally didn't find out until now.

I dunno about them sometimes been kinda disappointed lately.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:06 PM   #497
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems things are going up.
We shall see, I wouldn't base anything on 1 day though
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:38 PM   #498
curio
𐐒ananaD

I wouldn't base things on three months
Old Feb 6, 2018, 07:42 PM   #499
Riptide

What about three minutes?

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 6, 2018, 09:26 PM   #500
KAC
It might be gays!

If it stays about 7K till Friday/Saturday, I am mining with 7 cards. That is it.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:56 PM   #501
KAC
It might be gays!

Wow my daily earn rate has gone to 0.00057.
Thank you all the people who chickened out.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 01:54 AM   #502
KAC
It might be gays!

Wow, just checked my local website and tons of Antminer S9s available as well.

I don't even know why I bothered with building this myself. There are full rigs available for sale at reasonable prices.

This is like price of 1.5 graphics card. https://dubai.dubizzle.com/classifie...%3D%3D&pos =5

Wtf.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 03:27 AM   #503
KAC
It might be gays!

Rejected shipment of 2 EVGA SC2 Hybrids.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:11 AM   #504
KAC
It might be gays!

Now up to 0.0006 BTC per day estimate on NiceHash. Shouldn't have sent the cards back today.

Making about 4.95 per day is what this idiot is saying!
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:19 AM   #505
Riptide

lol dude you'll feel fine about it when BTC gets to 5K or under which it probably will sooner or later.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:26 AM   #506
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
lol dude you'll feel fine about it when BTC gets to 5K or under which it probably will sooner or later.
You never know with these things. I think having 7 cards is enough for now.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:27 AM   #507
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

It's up to 8500 now lol
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:34 AM   #508
KAC
It might be gays!

I honestly think it is worth the trouble. My only contention is that I sent 2 cards back. If I can pick up an Antminer S9 for about similar price of 2 cards, I would rather have that running in my maid's room that is free right now.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 07:39 AM   #509
Riptide

I like my SC2 hybrid other than the fact I'm getting some kind of annoying intermittent noise out of the VRM fan. Kind of a loud tick that sometimes comes and goes. At first I thought it was the pump. But nope narrowed it down to the fan. If that keeps up I may have to pull the card and see if I can tweak the shroud slightly to fix it otherwise it's going to be an exchange.

Looked around at nowinstock this morning and I can find a GTX 1070 and GTX 1060. Prices are still stupid high though even direct from newegg. $100+ over MSRP.

After talking to two CPA I am confident that the what I've read so far about the tax situation is correct.
1) Each payout from mining has a USD value attached. They want you to keep track of every one and report the sum at the end of the year as gross income.
2) Every single trade has a capital gain or loss. No like kind exchanges any more.
3) You are better off filing schedule c and writing off your electricity and your equipment expense. Technically you can write off part of the internet bill and part of the room square footage you devote to mining equipment. I don't intend to do that - risky for an audit IMO. You will owe self employment tax.

If you mine and hold alts like I've been doing, with NO trades, it will be the most simple way to go. The more trades you make and the more often you cash out the more complex the return gets.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Old Feb 7, 2018, 09:01 AM   #510
curio
𐐒ananaD

Well I've decided to stick with this. I'm returning my dead Asus B250 and am going with an ASUS Prime Z270-A this time around, hopefully it's much more reliable

Going to use an M.2 to PCI-E adapter for the eighth card; as well as an 18-gauge triple PSU ATX PSU adapter cable and stick with 3 power supplies