Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 10, 2021, 04:21 PM   #1831
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
So I had some BTC setting in my wallet for the last 2 years. I had stopped mining and knew that I left some in but decided it wasn't that big of a deal. Went in today and looked at the amount. Yeah, it was $1,100.00.. So I cashed that **** out.

Like finding $100 in an old jacket pocket
Old Mar 10, 2021, 05:35 PM   #1832
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I may regret selling early but I can really use that money to replace a bunch of trees that were killed in the big freeze a few weeks back.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2021, 05:42 PM   #1833
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I may regret selling early but I can really use that money to replace a bunch of trees that were killed in the big freeze a few weeks back.
Maybe you could have doubled it to 2k at best by the end of the year but nothing wrong with cashing out now at 50k+ either; especially if you need it
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 10, 2021, 07:28 PM   #1834
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Like finding $100 in an old jacket pocket
heh, even Steven. He's like Seinfeld finding $20 in his jacket pocket.
vvveeerryyyy nniiiiccceee!!

I wonder how much it was years ago when you left it? Probably $200?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 08:57 PM   #1835
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I was supposed to be at about 360$ by this time in the week and I am already at $394. Not bad at all. Just need to hit that magic $2700 number. Btw this does reduce my gaming time a lot. I guess I should go through my GP games on XSX to keep the 3090 mining.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:46 PM   #1836
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So I was supposed to be at about 360$ by this time in the week and I am already at $394. Not bad at all. Just need to hit that magic $2700 number. Btw this does reduce my gaming time a lot. I guess I should go through my GP games on XSX to keep the 3090 mining.
There are 2 important rules in life:
1. Never wake a sleeping baby
2. Never disrupt a mining GPU
Old Mar 13, 2021, 06:06 AM   #1837
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Almost 60 Gs now. Meanwhile I am still thinking whether I should buy some BTC.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 07:25 AM   #1838
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Almost 60 Gs now. Meanwhile I am still thinking whether I should buy some BTC.
You will buy Bitcoin at the price you deserve.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:15 AM   #1839
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I've been converting a little to Etherium in the hopes it will one day also reach 50k
Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:19 PM   #1840
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Doubled my $$ on MANA in 2 days. Unfortunately I don't slap alot of $$ down so that means nothing.
I'm probably the only one with no faith in ethereum
Old Mar 13, 2021, 08:31 PM   #1841
KAC
It might be gays!

Slept. Woke up and now peanuts are worth 484 bucks. That means between last week and this one I have already added 184$ (Current prices). Even without the hike at 45K (base case) it is over 120$ in a week. That’s pretty cool. I remember running 8 1080 Tis and adding about 24$ a day so getting 17-18$ is not bad.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 09:47 PM   #1842
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

How are you guys running this with Nicehash? I just opened the program and it started going. Is that all ya'll do?

I'm testing this out for mining while I'm traveling. I'm at -200 core/+500 mem, 50% power limit. 90-92 MH/S, 480 efficiency. 188-192watts

88-90c TJunction temps

I have joined .... the dark side ....

is it worth turning on the CPU? drawing 180watts for what looked like very minimal return.. meh
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Mar 13, 2021 at 09:53 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2021, 10:42 PM   #1843
KAC
It might be gays!

CPU is whatever. But card mining is good. Hashrate seems a bit low as you might be drawing too little watts. Don't mess with power in AB but instead run NH in administrator mode and at bottom right it should say view stats online or something. Click that and once in you can select Medium profile from NH (make sure in settings the toggle to disable power control is "off"). Then with that you will probably get 100 MH/s hash rate on average and about 330 watts of power. I find it the best balance between temps, hashrate, and efficiency.

I also wouldn't clock the memory especially since I remember your card not doing too well over 500 MHz on memory.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 11:43 PM   #1844
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
How are you guys running this with Nicehash? I just opened the program and it started going. Is that all ya'll do?

I'm testing this out for mining while I'm traveling. I'm at -200 core/+500 mem, 50% power limit. 90-92 MH/S, 480 efficiency. 188-192watts

88-90c TJunction temps

I have joined .... the dark side ....

is it worth turning on the CPU? drawing 180watts for what looked like very minimal return.. meh
This is the light side. Or the enlightened side?
This is a 3080 you're running? Core anywhere between -200 and -400 you'll have to mess with it. Mem I've gone as high as +1300 but don't do it it's not worth it. +1100 is probably more than enough and you'll hit 97mh/s for sure.

Don't do CPU mining. Lotsa power/heat/electricity/$$ for pennies in return.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:49 AM   #1845
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah I'm rolling at 95mh/s at 250watt. -200 core, +800mem (which puts it at 10000 Mhz, which is really +500, so thats weird), 66% power limit. With the monitor off it goes up to 97-98.

I'm fine with it like that.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 14, 2021, 08:32 AM   #1846
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 09:08 AM   #1847
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Yeah I'm rolling at 95mh/s at 250watt. -200 core, +800mem (which puts it at 10000 Mhz, which is really +500, so thats weird), 66% power limit. With the monitor off it goes up to 97-98.

I'm fine with it like that.
That's perfect. Some peeps OC the memory even more just to hit 100mh/s, but to me it's not worth it. What the memory ends up actually being after say +800 men will depend on your card since some are already factory overclocked.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 09:21 AM   #1848
Nunz
RIP Roxen

+500 is 10000Mhz as the stock is 9500. When I open the NHQM, it goes down to 9700. I'll up it to +800 to get 10000. Definitely isn't throttling or anything as my temps are fine, but it's something weird I noticed.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 09:48 AM   #1849
KAC
It might be gays!

NH might be setting clocks if you have allowed it to do so. Either way as I said before don’t push the memory so hard. 200-500 MHz is not worth it. If I add +500 my junction temps go to 108C vs 104C so unless I get my new pads I am not clocking the memory.

On my 3070 I clocked memory to +350 to net me 2-3 MH/s extra. Overall a very good week. Started at 300 bones and finished at 480. Can’t complain.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 09:59 AM   #1850
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I don't have any issues with Tjunction. I get 94c max at +800.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:07 PM   #1851
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have +1000 memory and Tjunction is 86'c.

Last edited by SirBaron : Mar 14, 2021 at 12:20 PM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:21 PM   #1852
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
submerged in mineral oil

vert der ferk
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:30 PM   #1853
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Smell like french fries later?

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:54 PM   #1854
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Smell like french fries later?

freedom fries.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2021, 01:26 PM   #1855
KAC
It might be gays!

Thinking about boning some 3070s and doing a rig again.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 01:29 PM   #1856
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
freedom fries.
Right, my bad.

yoz
Old Mar 14, 2021, 02:06 PM   #1857
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Thinking about boning some 3070s and doing a rig again.
Do it! Just keep ROI in mind. July might be the end of this gravy train and if all that hash power goes into other lesser profitable coins....well... We won't be making as much $$$.
If per chance eth price goes way up then mining less and still making good $$ cuz of eth price might be ok
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:39 AM   #1858
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Nvidia’s new beta driver unlocks RTX 3060 Ethereum cryptocurrency mining.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/2...urrency-mining
Old Mar 15, 2021, 09:49 PM   #1859
KAC
It might be gays!

What’s a good purchase point to buy some coin? 55K, 50K, 45K?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:27 PM   #1860
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I get the feeling when peeps get their stimulus cheques and invest, the cryptos will tank.. And billionaires will find a way to steal all the money on the dip.
Sometime after I think it will go back up.
If there's one thing I know, it's that billionaires gonna billionaire, and will find a way to steal money off the poor. Believe it.

Also, the 3060 12GB only works on 1 card in a system. no risers, and the card must be in the 1st PCIEx16 slot. So the beta driver only unlocks 1 card.