Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 17, 2021, 07:30 AM   #1861
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Just nuked Phoenix Miner.
Issue was completely overblown and possibly a scam by nicehash to push their miner. Go read the thread on bitcointalk if you want more info, the phoenixminer devs commented in there.

I've since switched over to team red anyway because it is the best client for AMD hardware. Nothing wrong with the firebird though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
From my understanding, if you hold for over a year before you sell you are only subject to either a 0%, 15%, or 20% capital gains tax depending on your filing status and income bracket.
I've been using bitcoin.tax to help track things. The one you linked may be better though, not sure. And yah, long term gains on assets held over a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
There are 2 important rules in life:
1. Never wake a sleeping baby
2. Never disrupt a mining GPU
Hahah very true. One thing I've found with GPU mining in general is that it's best to resist fooling around with settings unless you're going to be near the machine for several hours, over weekends and such. I've made changes, left for work, and had it go down 20 minutes later. Very annoying lol

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2021, 08:42 AM   #1862
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Issue was completely overblown and possibly a scam by nicehash to push their miner.
The download source changing from github to some weird site made me nuke it, but I wouldn't put it passed NH to pull that crap either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I've been using bitcoin.tax to help track things. The one you linked may be better though, not sure. And yah, long term gains on assets held over a year.
Nice I'll check them out, I'd like to compare them to cointracker
Old Mar 17, 2021, 08:22 PM   #1863
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Phoenix miner thing was probably nicehash starting something over nothing. They most likely just want to push their inhouse Excavator miner.
I have been using the T-Rex miner for the last month. All cards but 2 have been rock solid uptime for a whole month. I get better overclocks, more stable overclocks, and a more stable hashrate. Also, after a long uptime with Phoenix miner or Excavator it would somehow run out of memory and virtual memory and fudge up and require a reboot. (This was on mining rigs with crappy hardware).

Apparently nicehash had 3% of the entire world eth mining hashrate. Then Linus did a video on LTT where nicehash sponsored it, and he talked about nicehash. A few days later nicehash has 8% of all the eth hashing power in the world
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2021, 01:15 AM   #1864
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Milestone 1 achieved. 535 bucks made. Means my 5900X upgrade is now cost neutral compared to the 8086K I had.
Next milestone is $770 for the 3090 upgrade from 2080.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2021, 03:21 PM   #1865
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Milestone 1 achieved. 535 bucks made. Means my 5900X upgrade is now cost neutral compared to the 8086K I had.
Next milestone is $770 for the 3090 upgrade from 2080.

That's a good way to look at it. It's paying for your hardware.
I've been raking in $865-1170 $CAD per week.
I'm 3 weeks out from a full ROI.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 02:17 PM   #1866
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

So, I'm crazy late to the party, but since I have a 3070, started mining (nicehash, since I'm lazy and dunno how long I plan to mine for).

Card is nice and cool at ~56*, and up to 13.74Eur mined since Tuesday evening, minus gametime. Not bad...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2021, 04:32 AM   #1867
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

HWINFO64 and Memory Junction temps is the one you want to watch, unless that is the memory temps .

However since it's a 3070 it's not using GDDR6X so it shouldn't get anywhere near as hot anyway.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 08:51 AM   #1868
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

My 3060ti and the 3070s don't get hot. You're not late to the party. PoS won't be in full force until 2022 sometime, so make some money. The problem is everyone and their grandma has a GPU and is mining...stealing profits from each other.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 11:36 AM   #1869
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Slept. Woke up and now peanuts are worth 484 bucks. That means between last week and this one I have already added 184$ (Current prices). Even without the hike at 45K (base case) it is over 120$ in a week. That’s pretty cool. I remember running 8 1080 Tis and adding about 24$ a day so getting 17-18$ is not bad.
Not that strong a week. Only made till $570. Might be due to all the repasting of the card and also more gaming time. Plus doesn’t help that BTC weakened.

However, the target to hit $600 by end of March still seems achievable.
Old Mar 21, 2021, 06:00 PM   #1870
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

The weekend sucked. Less transactions. $873 for the week.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 01:28 PM   #1871
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Once EIP-1559 hits in July the general consensus is that we're going to be making pennies.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 04:54 PM   #1872
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Should I bother with my pc when not in use?
jimjobob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 05:39 AM   #1873
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Should I bother with my pc when not in use?
Depends how much electric costs for you, but you should make about 60 a week USD minimum.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 11:47 AM   #1874
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:26 PM   #1875
KAC
It might be gays!

210. Holy fark.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:52 PM   #1876
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
210. Holy fark.
"The retail price for the A100 in its PCIe format is well over $10,000. According to the I_Leak_VN, the 220HX could land around the $3,000 range."

If you can find it for that price, of course.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 01:10 PM   #1877
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Depends how much electric costs for you, but you should make about 60 a week USD minimum.
9.2 cents per kWh for the first 700kwh

8.2 cents per kWh for 701-1000

7.7 cents for kWh 1001+

80+ gold PSU.

Do you all leave settings the same for gaming and mining or change them?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 01:11 PM   #1878
KAC
It might be gays!

Well **** that then lol.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 05:41 PM   #1879
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
9.2 cents per kWh for the first 700kwh

8.2 cents per kWh for 701-1000

7.7 cents for kWh 1001+

80+ gold PSU.

Do you all leave settings the same for gaming and mining or change them?
I missed it. Which GPU you have? I have default clocks for gaming and for mining diff settings for core, power limit, mem
Old Mar 24, 2021, 06:28 PM   #1880
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I missed it. Which GPU you have? I have default clocks for gaming and for mining diff settings for core, power limit, mem
My specs are accurate. 3080 GX Trio
Old Mar 24, 2021, 09:08 PM   #1881
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
My specs are accurate. 3080 GX Trio
In afterburner start with 80% power limit. -300 core. +1100 mem.

I have mine at 80%. -502 core. +1200.. 97.5 MH/s.

If you want to be safe just put the mem clock lower +800. Less heat on VRAM. I find for every +100 on mem I gain 1mh/s
Old Mar 25, 2021, 03:31 PM   #1882
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hmmm I have a guy who can get me 3080s for $900 cad... Directly from distributor..wondering if it's worth it still. Proof of Stake won't be actually live until Jan 2022 at the earliest I've heard even after it's pushed through, so profitability should be sweet until early next year
Old Mar 25, 2021, 03:43 PM   #1883
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

What about EIP 1559 or whatever its called that's been confirmed for July.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 06:09 PM   #1884
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
What about EIP 1559 or whatever its called that's been confirmed for July.
That's the part that confuses me as well. EIP 1559 is going down for sure, around July.
Something something something by the time it's actually implemented and working we won't have a cut in profits until ~Jan 2022. (Very roughly).
This all depends on how fast they get to working to actually get it going, assuming prices of ETH, etc stay high.

It's all confusing. I just usually tune in to groups of huge mining farm guys who talk about this stuff.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:04 PM   #1885
KAC
It might be gays!

Time to buy some coin?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:32 PM   #1886
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Time to buy some coin?
Always will keep going up long term. Buy on the dip, then buy on the dips dip.

Hmmm Four 3060ti incoming at $680 $CAD a pop
Old Mar 27, 2021, 10:31 AM   #1887
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's a little unclear at this point what the scope of the July impact will be. An increase in eth value could wholly or partially offset this. Or alternately it might completely tank by then and nobody will even care since they will have shut down.

Regardless, it is near impossible to source GPUs now without a connection. I was watching brobot discord last night, one of the faster ones, and over a dozen newegg notifications hit. I clicked on most of these ATC links in less than 5 seconds. Every single one is out of stock and it was impossible to get anything even if I'd been seriously trying.

Bots have completely overrun newegg now, there is no way human buyers could've run the stock out in less than 5 seconds flat.

And as an aside, I have a couple 5600xt on the way I wanted to finish my 5gpu rig out with. Fedex dropping the ball right now big time, pretty much in the middle of a full-on meltdown. I'm seeing complaints all over the place where things are getting caught up like mine, stuck in north salt lake for example for days with no scans and they're already late missing the original delivery date. I would avoid fedex right now, they seem to be having a system wide problem.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
ASRock Phantom 6900 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2021, 10:54 AM   #1888
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'm the only one negative on ethereum network. Fees are ridiculous but that's okay for me when mining. I think Cardano might fix all of the ethereum network problems but it will take time.

It's funny because when it comes to money I come thru. Found a dealer with direct GPU buys from China. Have more cards coming. Yet if this wasn't about money and was about bettering myself in some way I wouldn't find a way through and would be lazy.

I'm just hoping eth price goes up in the short term to make up for PoS
Old Mar 27, 2021, 12:53 PM   #1889
KAC
It might be gays!

I think 2 cards mining is enough for me. The bill increase is bearable but the weekends have really gone to **** in terms of earn rates. Hopefully this improves over time.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 01:20 PM   #1890
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I think 2 cards mining is enough for me. The bill increase is bearable but the weekends have really gone to **** in terms of earn rates. Hopefully this improves over time.
Ya profits are down, but not having to pay for electricity makes it ok. Worst case resell video cards