Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:33 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Excessive moderation

Just wondering what problem are you guys trying to solve for with the excessive moderation. It’s not like we get a lot of traffic here and most regulars already know each other well enough.

By excessive moderation you are probably pushing away the regulars. Would be great to understand the motivation to do this and why now?

Anyways, just a thought. Seems like moderation is being done to demonstrate power than actually improve experiences.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:39 AM   #2
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This place has been lacking proper moderation for a long time, with asshats running rampant with their shitposting.

To the contrary i think its that lack of modding that drives regulars away. I welcome a more iron fist.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:54 AM   #3
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Just wondering what problem are you guys trying to solve for with the excessive moderation. It’s not like we get a lot of traffic here and most regulars already know each other well enough.

By excessive moderation you are probably pushing away the regulars. Would be great to understand the motivation to do this and why now?

Anyways, just a thought. Seems like moderation is being done to demonstrate power than actually improve experiences.
We're just trying to clean the place up a bit, I have no interest in pushing anyone away but there's a consensus among the staff that the "pelllets", "mum", "slaps" has gone too far.

You see me asking people to reword or delete posts as I'm around in ET hours. We're asking for adult cooperation, not demonstrating any sort of power. If that's what we were trying to do you'd see more bans, no?

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:33 AM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah the locker room talk / toilet humor has definitely run its course, like a decade ago. Grow up FFS.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:53 AM   #5
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I play grow up all week everyday of the week. I come here for fun and jokes probably the only thing that has sustained this forum more than any others I have visited over the years (except maybe support forums). So still a bit unclear on what problem is being solved. To me there doesn’t seem to be a problem to solve IMO or we are solving the wrong problem.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:58 AM   #6
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I play grow up all week everyday of the week. I come here for fun and jokes probably the only thing that has sustained this forum more than any others I have visited over the years (except maybe support forums). So still a bit unclear on what problem is being solved. To me there doesn’t seem to be a problem to solve IMO or we are solving the wrong problem.
We can still have fun and jokes, your barbs with Hapa about each other's PCs are hilarious. The "problem" is that some of the jokes have gone too far and are getting old, IMHO and that of the staff.

Surely you can come up with a new KAC Rage persona that is not based on mums and pellets, no?

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:16 AM   #7
KAC
It might be gays!

I don’t think you may have noticed but I am not making mum jokes for a while now. Same for pellets etc. I think today I used slaps maybe after 4-5 months.

So don’t think this is about my persona alone but just that every time it seems someone says something they are being asked to edit out or do it the “new r3d clean way”. Next we will say that calling gay or manches is dirty and we should stop using those terms.

Anyways, I got my answer and it is what it is.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:20 AM   #8
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
I don’t think you may have noticed but I am not making mum jokes for a while now. Same for pellets etc. I think today I used slaps maybe after 4-5 months.

So don’t think this is about my persona alone but just that every time it seems someone says something they are being asked to edit out or do it the “new r3d clean way”. Next we will say that calling gay or manches is dirty and we should stop using those terms.

Anyways, I got my answer and it is what it is.
I have noticed, I know you're making the effort and that's why we're asking others to make the effort as well.

And no, the manches are here to stay.

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:25 AM   #9
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
the manches are here to stay.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:27 AM   #10
acroig
Troll Mod

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 01:25 PM   #11
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Yup yup yup, can all just relax guys. Where just trying to bring it in a bit

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Mar 30, 2021, 02:20 PM   #12
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
This place has been lacking proper moderation for a long time, with asshats running rampant with their shitposting.

To the contrary i think its that lack of modding that drives regulars away. I welcome a more iron fist.
This. I don't think it's near the level of iron fist though, but it's enough to keep things on track a bit more.

I like it.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 03:04 PM   #13
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Boy this brings back memories of P&R
Old Mar 30, 2021, 03:05 PM   #14
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
, fun times, no?

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:02 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
He said "iron fist"

Not "fisted"

yeah showing myself right the heck back out now.....
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:05 PM   #16
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
To be fair, I believe moderating in the P&R forum is a world of difference from the other sections.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 03:10 AM   #17
KAC
It might be gays!

Well enjoy your clean forums.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:18 AM   #18
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:57 PM   #19
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
They'll probably have you take your avatar down as well.. its the age we live in now..
Old Mar 31, 2021, 01:09 PM   #20
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Nest View Post
They'll probably have you take your avatar down as well.. its the age we live in now..
Thank you for your constructive contribution.

yoz
Old Mar 31, 2021, 01:19 PM   #21
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm all for freedom of speech and expression, but do people need to be constantly reminded Rage3d is not a democracy?

The people who admin and mod the forums are the ones who make the decisions. They can obviously consult with the forum members on certain issues but ultimately they make the decisions here. Also, we all have the freedom to leave if we want to.

It was apparently decided the colorful and inappropriate humor was getting to be too much. Time and a place for everything guys, and a little maturity goes a long way.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 01:42 PM   #22
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is this **** still owned by Ichy? Can he just give the website to someone else at this point? Someone that can be more active or at a minimum make the small investment to try and revive the forum? Not trying to **** on Ichy because I'm pretty sure this forum operates on a loss, but this **** has dragged on for so very long. It's like watching a dying animal bleed out. Put it out of its misery or try to help it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:01 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

What stands out to me is that, what's being called excessive here would be called a light touch on any other forum.

We've got a ton of freedom here guys, and being asked to not abuse that constantly isn't really a big ask.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:33 PM   #24
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
What stands out to me is that, what's being called excessive here would be called a light touch on any other forum.

We've got a ton of freedom here guys, and being asked to not abuse that constantly isn't really a big ask.
It is the equivalent of a child having a tantrum, nothing more. Don't know why I even bothered partaking in this thread.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 02:44 PM   #25
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

This. Asking for a bit of maturity is hardly a heavy hand.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 03:45 PM   #26
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There was general consensus from the mods that certain language needed to be reduced, not to punish people but to minimize the juvenile/misogynist tone that seems to increase. Many threads that started with good discussion deteriorated into 'yo momma' jokes. It's become part of the forum's personality and that's just the nature of how language evolves in closed communities. Our goal is to steer the ship a little bit and hopefully return it to some middle ground that allows us to have fun and is not so insular. We don't want to remove all the personality. But that said we're not perfect, if you feel that excessive moderation has been done on certain posts then examples might be helpful.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 03:51 PM   #27
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
There was general consensus from the mods that certain language needed to be reduced, not to punish people but to minimize the juvenile/misogynist tone that seems to increase. Many threads that started with good discussion deteriorated into 'yo momma' jokes. It's become part of the forum's personality and that's just the nature of how language evolves in closed communities. Our goal is to steer the ship a little bit and hopefully return it to some middle ground that allows us to have fun and is not so insular. We don't want to remove all the personality.
What the man said!

yoz
Old Mar 31, 2021, 05:26 PM   #28
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
There was general consensus from the mods that certain language needed to be reduced, not to punish people but to minimize the juvenile/misogynist tone that seems to increase. Many threads that started with good discussion deteriorated into 'yo momma' jokes. It's become part of the forum's personality and that's just the nature of how language evolves in closed communities. Our goal is to steer the ship a little bit and hopefully return it to some middle ground that allows us to have fun and is not so insular. We don't want to remove all the personality. But that said we're not perfect, if you feel that excessive moderation has been done on certain posts then examples might be helpful.
What is this!?! Logic? Reason? A spirit of cooperation!?!?

Burn the witch!

(Completely agree with your post nutsu...crackr. nutcrackr )

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Apr 1, 2021, 01:31 AM   #29
KAC
It might be gays!

https://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34052486

Great discussion started from post 1. If I had done the same would’ve received probably 2-3 ban threats and post edits by now.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 06:51 AM   #30
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
https://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34052486

Great discussion started from post 1. If I had done the same would’ve received probably 2-3 ban threats and post edits by now.
Notice the lack of mum, pellets and slaps on that thread? We're not trying to make Rage super clean, I told you this. We can still have fun and make plenty of jokes.

yoz
Closed Thread