Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:50 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Default There was a reason I bumped that Supra thread...

It's because I am picking this up tomorrow:

2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium in Turbulence Grey.

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:54 PM   #2
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

NOICE
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 04:18 PM   #3
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Oh nice!!!! That thing looks amazing.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2021, 04:43 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Surprised it took so long for someone here to get one, TBH

Hope you love it.

Still have the Stinger?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 04:48 PM   #5
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

nice color
Old Apr 16, 2021, 05:10 PM   #6
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Surprised it took so long for someone here to get one, TBH

Hope you love it.

Still have the Stinger?
Stinger is going bye bye on trade. I actually had decent equity in it, so that's good. Also got a pretty good price on the Supra too.

Sticker is $56,760. Paying $50,758 minus my trade equity and down payment. I actually wouldn't even be buying it had I not had a good few months of crypto gains.

Last edited by Clockwork : Apr 16, 2021 at 05:27 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 06:33 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Stinger is going bye bye on trade. I actually had decent equity in it, so that's good. Also got a pretty good price on the Supra too.

Sticker is $56,760. Paying $50,758 minus my trade equity and down payment. I actually wouldn't even be buying it had I not had a good few months of crypto gains.
I've been doing pretty well on crypto lately too, though only just getting into it. I funded my Terminator X and other purchases for my E30 build via Gamestop gains.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:25 AM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Perfect color.

Gorgeous.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 09:09 AM   #9
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wow, congrats!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 09:19 AM   #10
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Wow you got a great price on that. They're going for 75K+ here. Most I seen are in the 80s.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 04:22 PM   #11
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

can't wait for lots of pics. Love to see the interior you got

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 08:01 PM   #12
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Not many pics. It has ben a long day.

Me waiting:

It's home:

Rinsing the bug guts off from my 2 hour drive:
Old Apr 18, 2021, 03:33 AM   #13
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sweet, enjoy!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 07:22 AM   #14
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lord tell me you didn't buy a brand new car and immediately go through an auto car wash
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 18, 2021, 07:56 AM   #15
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Love that color!
Old Apr 18, 2021, 08:52 AM   #16
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Lord tell me you didn't buy a brand new car and immediately go through an auto car wash
I did. I don't agree that a single pass through a touch free wash is a big deal.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:25 AM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I don't trust anything except my hands and my microfibers. Had a buddies car go through one of those "touch less" and it wasn't pretty. I'd have to find the photo but let's just say I had to spend a lot of time with the buffer to fix the results.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 12:28 PM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I wish they had changed the interior a little more to separate itself from BMW. The steering wheel also doesn’t match the sporty car look either.

Great car though, you go through cars like clothing lol. Glad you got rid of the Kia though.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:18 AM   #19
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That looks amazing!

Let us know how it performs compared to some of the other vehicles you have owned.

That B58 engine + ZF 8 speed transmission combo is really something .

I heard these recent Supra's handle even better than they did when first launched. Toyota apparently revised the suspension after some further testing/feedback .
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 04:21 PM   #20
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I want one with a 7 speed stick shift. Pls
Old Apr 19, 2021, 07:57 PM   #21
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What was the thought process in buying this car over other options available to you? Want to understand what was your selection criteria to pick this one. I never can quite understand why people pick a particular car in a certain price bucket. Especially this one seems quite high price to pay for a Toyota. A bit like I was shocked when an individual here bought a Kia Stinger as well where I could’ve thought of other options.

Would be good to understand how a human mind works. For science!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 08:18 PM   #22
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What was the thought process in buying this car over other options available to you? Want to understand what was your selection criteria to pick this one. I never can quite understand why people pick a particular car in a certain price bucket. Especially this one seems quite high price to pay for a Toyota. A bit like I was shocked when an individual here bought a Kia Stinger as well where I could’ve thought of other options.

From Car & Driver:

"The Supra is to the Cayman what the Chevrolet Corvette is to Porsche's 911. Toyota's reborn sports car is an unpretentious overachiever that provides thrills similar to the Cayman's at a five-figure discount, and yet most Porsche buyers won't ever consider it."

You just need to look past the badge.

Performance/Handling/Appearance/Build Quality. For a new car in this price bracket, it does quite well in all those areas [IMO].
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 08:48 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

The OP is the person who bought that Kia Stinger
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:04 PM   #24
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

I see a lot of comments on the web about the supra, and how the C8 is only 60K. Yeah.... GOOD LUCK FINDING A C8 BASE MODEL.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 10:45 PM   #25
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh shi...

Now I must probe more. As for badge etc. it is fine. I get it. Not everything is about a badge. But I just find the Supra quite an ugly car with disproportionate body. Also the interior feels cheap and plasticky (this is coming from a guy who drives a Ford). As for performance, yes it may put up some decent numbers but overall, I still do not quite understand spending 50 Gs on it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:12 PM   #26
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Oh shi...

Now I must probe more. As for badge etc. it is fine. I get it. Not everything is about a badge. But I just find the Supra quite an ugly car with disproportionate body. Also the interior feels cheap and plasticky (this is coming from a guy who drives a Ford). As for performance, yes it may put up some decent numbers but overall, I still do not quite understand spending 50 Gs on it.
I spent more than that on my truck. It's like a high end merc on the inside though.

Wife's Ford was 48K, and the new Ford F150s are in the upper 30s for the XLT trim. Ford isn't cheap.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:47 AM   #27
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Great car though, you go through cars like clothing lol. Glad you got rid of the Kia though.
Yes, I do. LOL

The good (or bad) news is that upgrading from this to anything I would like now becomes cost prohibitive, so I will probably have this for a while unless I make a lateral move to another vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
That B58 engine + ZF 8 speed transmission combo is really something .
The ZF is great. I had one in my Giulia as well. If making a comparison, the Supra reminds me most of my 350z, just much nicer and with more power/better handling.

Quote:
A bit like I was shocked when an individual here bought a Kia Stinger as well where I could’ve thought of other options.
Sorry to say, but I still have much praise for the Stinger. It is 100% competitive within it's segment and I recommend anyone looking for a combination of performance, near-luxury, technology/options, and plenty of utility (due to 4 doors and a hatch) put it at or near the top of the list.

Sorry some folks can't get over the Kia badge, especially if they are driving a Ford...which I guarantee is objectively worse.

Quote:
Also the interior feels cheap and plasticky (this is coming from a guy who drives a Ford).
Compared to what? Certainly not any Ford.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:51 AM   #28
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Also the interior feels cheap and plasticky (this is coming from a guy who drives a Ford). As for performance, yes it may put up some decent numbers but overall, I still do not quite understand spending 50 Gs on it.
Quote:
Compared to what? Certainly not any Ford.
Yeah, it's a BMW interior so I don't get that comment.

Compare the Supra to a BMW Z4, same vehicle.....

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/z4/r.../overview.html

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:52 AM   #29
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

KAC, it's kind of funny how critical you are about 95% of cars around here.You always talk about buying such and such cars while harping on other ones about looks/quality etc.

Yet you never put your money where your mouth is. You drive a 12 year old Ford Edge, which let's be realistic, isn't going to win an award for anything.

At this point all you are is talk, based on limited experience with any of the vehicles you criticize. I wouldn't trust your opinion on anything, really.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:55 AM   #30
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yeah, it's a BMW interior so I don't get that comment.

Compare the Supra to a BMW Z4, same vehicle.....

https://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/z4/r.../overview.html

And the Z4 M40i starts at $63,700 so there's that...