Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Apr 20, 2021, 07:56 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
KAC, it's kind of funny how critical you are about 95% of cars around here.You always talk about buying such and such cars while harping on other ones about looks/quality etc.

Yet you never put your money where your mouth is. You drive a 12 year old Ford Edge, which let's be realistic, isn't going to win an award for anything.

At this point all you are is talk, based on limited experience with any of the vehicles you criticize. I wouldn't trust your opinion on anything, really.
Forget about that, we want to hear what you think of the Supra and more pics would not hurt. How you liking it?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 08:00 AM   #32
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Forget about that, we want to hear what you think of the Supra and more pics would not hurt. How you liking it?
I have driven it twice since my last post with pics. I work from home and haven't had to go anywhere. I also go to school full time, so haven't had time for anything really.

I can take a pic of it sitting in the garage if you want? LOL
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 08:18 AM   #33
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Anyway, here are some fun criticisms for KAC about my Supra:

- I miss having an easy in/out feature where the seat moves back when I turn off the car. I have worked around this by programming my driving position into memory position 1 and all the way back to memory position 2. Speaking of which...

- If I bang my head one more ****ing time getting into this thing...

- I miss having a 360 view camera. Not only due to top down view, but also having other viewing angles for the side of my car/parallel parking.

- What, you could do heated seats but not ventilated? Leather gets hot in the summer, man!

- What's with this piano black trim all over (it's actually a glittery black)?! Don't you guys know all that **** does is fingerprint/smudge and get microscratches when you clean it? Why couldn't you do carbon fiber like the shift lever/center control surround?

- Apple Carplay only? Where the hell is Android Auto? This isn't 2015 guys

You mean I can't open my hatch without the key fob or pressing a button on the driver side door? ****, my Kia had a button above the license plate or opened hands free via motion sensors.

- Why don't you have remote start?

- **** you iDrive. You suck. (not really, I'm just not used to you)
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2021, 08:35 AM   #34
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes I drive a Ford Edge actually two of them. I don’t think this was a comment on Fords and I never claimed that they have the best interiors.

I did spend time sitting in a Supra and it was not really anything to write home about granted it was the 2020. The screen was horrible and overall quality of interior was disproportionate in places. Felt like panels were replaced from what should’ve been a BMW. Granted I am not a fan of BMW interiors as well. They were the reason why I chose an Audi Q7 over X5 which was absolutely terrible in 2015.

Either way, enjoy your car man. I never claimed that my opinion or preferences should be yours. I did say that I wanted to understand your reasoning and unfortunately in your banter you still haven’t provided a convincing reason to choose the cars you end up choosing.

Also **** piano black interiors.

Whatever, enjoy the ride.

Last edited by KAC : Apr 20, 2021 at 08:41 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 08:45 AM   #35
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Hey, we agree on something!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:03 AM   #36
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

My favorite review thus far...

https://youtu.be/JsmNrtc5y1g

He's wrong about the safety package, though. That price is for non-Premium cars. The Premium and A91 already has most of the components so you only need the Driver Assist package which is $1195. (which I have)

Last edited by Clockwork : Apr 20, 2021 at 09:16 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:04 AM   #37
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'm surprised you don't have A/C seats. Are you missing the option, or is it just not available?

I've noticed a lot of more "performance" focused cars skimping out on features that should be more mainstream ny now. My GFs 2007 Lincoln MKZ has A/C and heated seats, for ****s sake. I thought it was ridiculous that my 2015 WRX Premium didn't have A/C seats but a 8yr older Lincoln did.

Are you planning on doing any mods? I've heard they pick up quite a bit of power with just a tune.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:13 AM   #38
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'm surprised you don't have A/C seats. Are you missing the option, or is it just not available?

I've noticed a lot of more "performance" focused cars skimping out on features that should be more mainstream ny now. My GFs 2007 Lincoln MKZ has A/C and heated seats, for ****s sake. I thought it was ridiculous that my 2015 WRX Premium didn't have A/C seats but a 8yr older Lincoln did.

Are you planning on doing any mods? I've heard they pick up quite a bit of power with just a tune.
I wouldnt really compare a luxury class car to a non-luxury car. Even if they're years apart the luxury make would have all the bells and whistles while the mainstream make doesnt.

I think only recently some of the additional luxury items are finding its way to mainstream (like cooled seats...heated seats are kind of standard fare on the cheapo econoboxes nowadays)
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:17 AM   #39
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yes I drive a Ford Edge actually two of them. I don’t think this was a comment on Fords and I never claimed that they have the best interiors.

I did spend time sitting in a Supra and it was not really anything to write home about granted it was the 2020. The screen was horrible and overall quality of interior was disproportionate in places. Felt like panels were replaced from what should’ve been a BMW. Granted I am not a fan of BMW interiors as well. They were the reason why I chose an Audi Q7 over X5 which was absolutely terrible in 2015.

Either way, enjoy your car man. I never claimed that my opinion or preferences should be yours. I did say that I wanted to understand your reasoning and unfortunately in your banter you still haven’t provided a convincing reason to choose the cars you end up choosing.

Whatever, enjoy the ride.
I think theres enough people wanting to know what the hell goes through your mind when your kicking tires on ferarris and lambos and land rovers when you're looking for a reliable car that you wont commit to

Or you give out options like "im choosing between A, B, and C but the criteria i need to meet doesnt fulfill B and C, so i am stuck with A...which i happen to like best but i need a second opinion"

Outside of pure trolling that is.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:18 AM   #40
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not available. My Stinger had heated/cooled seats in front and heated seats in the back. My Mustang GT Premium had heated/cooled seats in the front. My Jeep had heated seats in the front. My Giulia had heated seats in the front.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:24 AM   #41
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Oh shi...

Now I must probe more. As for badge etc. it is fine. I get it. Not everything is about a badge. But I just find the Supra quite an ugly car with disproportionate body. Also the interior feels cheap and plasticky (this is coming from a guy who drives a Ford). As for performance, yes it may put up some decent numbers but overall, I still do not quite understand spending 50 Gs on it.
While I don't disagree with you, you're kind of shitting on the guy's purchase here.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:30 AM   #42
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
- What's with this piano black trim all over (it's actually a glittery black)?! Don't you guys know all that **** does is fingerprint/smudge and get microscratches when you clean it? Why couldn't you do carbon fiber like the shift lever/center control surround?

- Why don't you have remote start?
On the first one, I have an A6 loaner right now while my S3 has a wheel bearing replaced, and this gloss black plastic on the dash is absolutely idiotic, the glare from the sun off it kills me.

Who the **** thought this was a good idea? You can't even escape the glare.

And Audi is the same with way remote start. Sucks. I got used to it on my Colorado, especially loved being able to start it from the phone app. No such luck on my much pricier S3, or the A6 loaner I have. My S3 has LTE just like my Colorado had, yet is extremely limited on what can be done with that.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:31 AM   #43
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
While I don't disagree with you, you're kind of shitting on the guy's purchase here.
Which I don't mind, but in context (with KAC's history) it's just really obnoxious.

I feel like he has established this crazy metric based on cars he is probably never going to buy.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:31 AM   #44
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
And the Z4 M40i starts at $63,700 so there's that...
Yeah, exactly.

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:36 AM   #45
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
My S3 has LTE just like my Colorado had, yet is extremely limited on what can be done with that.
Oh, I can do stuff via the Supra Connect website too. If I had an iPhone there is an app too, but no Android app.

(this is kind of funny because when you log in it actually redirects to BMW and then back to the Supra Connect vanity URL)

Last edited by Clockwork : Apr 20, 2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:43 AM   #46
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Oh, I can do stuff via the Supra Connect website too. If I had an iPhone there is an app too, but no Android app.

You can do more with your app than I can on the S3 I can't even use it to unlock the doors, so stupid.

edit: Just realized I have to have an Audi Connect subscription to do all that stuff. I don't want a monthly subscription for my car

Last edited by Elysian : Apr 20, 2021 at 10:38 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:50 AM   #47
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You can do more with your app than I can on the S3 I can't even use it to unlock the doors, so stupid.
From the web I can also turn on the heating and ventilation (just not in my screenshot) or send a message to the car. The former is probably nice in a cold or hot day

I don't know what extra features the dedicated app has, since I can't use it.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:51 AM   #48
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
I have driven it twice since my last post with pics. I work from home and haven't had to go anywhere. I also go to school full time, so haven't had time for anything really.

, next time you ride it....

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:55 AM   #49
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

(this is kind of funny because when you log in it actually redirects to BMW and then back to the Supra Connect vanity URL)

Looks exactly look the bmw one. Come on where is the differentiation? Hows the car feeling compared to the stinger?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 09:56 AM   #50
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:

Garage queen!!!

I heard the wind buffeting on this car is really bad.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:05 AM   #51
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Hows the car feeling compared to the stinger?
Not even remotely similar. The Supra is much much smaller and about 700-800 lbs lighter with similar hp/torque.

What's weird is straightline acceleration in the Stinger seemed much more visceral due to more noise and because it really hunched down/squatted when you gunned it. Also, despite also having a dynamic/electronically adjustable suspension, it actually was kind of bouncy and had a lot of movement

The Supra is more refined in that regard. Although it accelerates faster, it doesn't actually feel like it. The cabin is much quieter and it just goes. Also I took it through some hills with twisties and it literally just cut like a knife through all of it. It almost gave me too much confidence. I did feel the rear slip at one point, but it was 100% controllable.

Due to its mass, I never felt good pushing the Kia in much more than a straight line. Then again, I haven't pushed the Supra much either as I want to stick to the proper break in.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:07 AM   #52
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Not even remotely similar. The Supra is much much smaller and about 700-800 lbs lighter with similar hp/torque.

What's weird is straightline acceleration in the Stinger seemed much more visceral due to more noise and because it really hunched down/squatted when you gunned it. Also, despite also having a dynamic/electronically adjustable suspension, it actually was kind of bouncy and had a lot of movement

The Supra is more refined in that regard. Although it accelerates faster, it doesn't actually feel like it. The cabin is much quieter and it just goes. Also I took it through some hills with twisties and it literally just cut like a knife through all of it. It almost gave me too much confidence. I did feel the rear slip at one point, but it was 100% controllable.

Due to its mass, I never felt good pushing the Kia.

That sports car feel Go fast without even feeling like it. Im jealous man congrats on the car and try to hold onto it for longer than a year

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:16 AM   #53
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
That sports car feel Go fast without even feeling like it. Im jealous man congrats on the car and try to hold onto it for longer than a year
Although maybe I am a bad judge. My brother was with me and he had both an oh **** we are going to die and a grinning from ear to ear face at the time.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 10:17 AM   #54
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Although maybe I am a bad judge. My brother was with me and he had both an oh **** we are going to die and a grinning from ear to ear face at the time.
, awesome.

yoz
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:57 AM   #55
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Not available. My Stinger had heated/cooled seats in front and heated seats in the back. My Mustang GT Premium had heated/cooled seats in the front. My Jeep had heated seats in the front. My Giulia had heated seats in the front.
Crazy! IMO, car manufacturers have been slacking (intentionally) on bringing these creature comforts to performance vehicles. There's no reason that a 14yr old Lincoln should have features a 2021 vehicle, luxury or not, doesn't have. That's not a knock on the Supra either; like I said, I was really annoyed with the Subaru for that crap.

With how gorgeous the car is, and the solid motor/tranny, I think A/C seats won't be noticed much
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2021, 10:32 AM   #56
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Crazy! IMO, car manufacturers have been slacking (intentionally) on bringing these creature comforts to performance vehicles. There's no reason that a 14yr old Lincoln should have features a 2021 vehicle, luxury or not, doesn't have. That's not a knock on the Supra either; like I said, I was really annoyed with the Subaru for that crap.

With how gorgeous the car is, and the solid motor/tranny, I think A/C seats won't be noticed much

On the other hand, some features add weight, which would cause a small performance hit. They might just decide it isn't worth adding a feature no one is demanding to look slightly worse on their 0-60 times, etc.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:36 AM   #57
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Last edited by Clockwork : Apr 21, 2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 04:38 PM   #58
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Say what you will about the GR Supra's styling, but...

...never with any other vehicle have I gotten so many stares, double takes, thumbs ups, or people whipping out their cell phones to take a quick pic than I have with this car.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 07:23 PM   #59
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If I saw that I would do a double take as well...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2021, 12:16 PM   #60
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

I don't post much in the car threads, but that is one gorgeous ride.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote