Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

AMD Sensible wind power

A lot more space efficient, not to mention safer for birds.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...sal_magnet.php
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:52 PM   #2
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Key problem: inertia. Even with the greatly reduced friction of maglev, you still have all that mass to get spinning, which means it's only going to be viable under conditions where wind is reasonably constant and of a consistantly appropriate magnitude.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:44 AM   #3
Crag2804
A super mega death ray!

Crag2804 is still being judged by the masses

To add to OB's perfectly valid comment, people complain about the intrusion conventional wind turbines have on a landscape. That huge monument to green power is going to offend a lot of people.

the standoffs go under the mobo ? becoz i have them over it and then screwed it down.......... and i did not install all of them either only did like 5.....
Crag2804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:00 AM   #4
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

they could [almost] go back in time with that
Old Jul 30, 2007, 09:16 AM   #5
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crag2804 View Post
That huge monument to green power is going to offend a lot of people.
Only if they put a giant rubber dildo on top that would wobble around obscenely.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 01:56 PM   #6
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Only if they put a giant rubber dildo on top that would wobble around obscenely.
Actually, this would raise more support than opposition...

Think about it...

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:31 PM   #7
Boinger
You have been Boinged!!!!

Boinger is still being judged by the masses

to all those people that are offended... i say suck it...

seldom people care about teh enviornment

instead tehy would rather burn coal to power their homes... (most power is generated from this method)
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:34 PM   #8
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinger View Post
to all those people that are offended... i say suck it...

seldom people care about teh enviornment

instead tehy would rather burn coal to power their homes... (most power is generated from this method)
I would rather burn endangered animals and rain forests to power my home...
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:39 PM   #10
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by riho View Post
I would rather burn endangered animals, rain forests and liberals to power my home...
Fix't

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:50 PM   #11
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
Fix't

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 02:59 PM   #12
chew
no

chew is still being judged by the masses

epic.
chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:18 PM   #13
mbeeston
Azure Tenebrae

mbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete strangermbeeston once held a door open for a complete stranger

looks more like a 20 story bad art statue
"Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
" when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"
mbeeston is offline   Reply With Quote