Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Closed Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:33 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Default Excessive moderation

Just wondering what problem are you guys trying to solve for with the excessive moderation. It’s not like we get a lot of traffic here and most regulars already know each other well enough.

By excessive moderation you are probably pushing away the regulars. Would be great to understand the motivation to do this and why now?

Anyways, just a thought. Seems like moderation is being done to demonstrate power than actually improve experiences.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:39 AM   #2
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This place has been lacking proper moderation for a long time, with asshats running rampant with their shitposting.

To the contrary i think its that lack of modding that drives regulars away. I welcome a more iron fist.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 02:20 PM   #3
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
This place has been lacking proper moderation for a long time, with asshats running rampant with their shitposting.

To the contrary i think its that lack of modding that drives regulars away. I welcome a more iron fist.
This. I don't think it's near the level of iron fist though, but it's enough to keep things on track a bit more.

I like it.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2021, 03:04 PM   #4
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Boy this brings back memories of P&R
Old Mar 30, 2021, 03:05 PM   #5
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
, fun times, no?

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:02 PM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
He said "iron fist"

Not "fisted"

yeah showing myself right the heck back out now.....
Old Mar 30, 2021, 04:05 PM   #7
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
To be fair, I believe moderating in the P&R forum is a world of difference from the other sections.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 03:10 AM   #8
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well enjoy your clean forums.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:54 AM   #9
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Just wondering what problem are you guys trying to solve for with the excessive moderation. It’s not like we get a lot of traffic here and most regulars already know each other well enough.

By excessive moderation you are probably pushing away the regulars. Would be great to understand the motivation to do this and why now?

Anyways, just a thought. Seems like moderation is being done to demonstrate power than actually improve experiences.
We're just trying to clean the place up a bit, I have no interest in pushing anyone away but there's a consensus among the staff that the "pelllets", "mum", "slaps" has gone too far.

You see me asking people to reword or delete posts as I'm around in ET hours. We're asking for adult cooperation, not demonstrating any sort of power. If that's what we were trying to do you'd see more bans, no?

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:33 AM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah the locker room talk / toilet humor has definitely run its course, like a decade ago. Grow up FFS.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:53 AM   #11
KAC
It might be gays!

I play grow up all week everyday of the week. I come here for fun and jokes probably the only thing that has sustained this forum more than any others I have visited over the years (except maybe support forums). So still a bit unclear on what problem is being solved. To me there doesn’t seem to be a problem to solve IMO or we are solving the wrong problem.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 09:58 AM   #12
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I play grow up all week everyday of the week. I come here for fun and jokes probably the only thing that has sustained this forum more than any others I have visited over the years (except maybe support forums). So still a bit unclear on what problem is being solved. To me there doesn’t seem to be a problem to solve IMO or we are solving the wrong problem.
We can still have fun and jokes, your barbs with Hapa about each other's PCs are hilarious. The "problem" is that some of the jokes have gone too far and are getting old, IMHO and that of the staff.

Surely you can come up with a new KAC Rage persona that is not based on mums and pellets, no?

yoz
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:16 AM   #13
KAC
It might be gays!

I don’t think you may have noticed but I am not making mum jokes for a while now. Same for pellets etc. I think today I used slaps maybe after 4-5 months.

So don’t think this is about my persona alone but just that every time it seems someone says something they are being asked to edit out or do it the “new r3d clean way”. Next we will say that calling gay or manches is dirty and we should stop using those terms.

Anyways, I got my answer and it is what it is.
Closed Thread