Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 8, 2021, 03:52 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Lol they lost the pinnacle station source code.. nice.
Yeah, sad.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2021, 05:30 PM   #152
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Pretty much. The inventory system alone is poop.
And they stated that they aren't doing much with the inventory, it will remain largely unchanged (at least in the first game).

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2021, 06:31 PM   #153
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
And they stated that they aren't doing much with the inventory, it will remain largely unchanged (at least in the first game).
I thought they were overhauling the inventory syatem...

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 8, 2021, 06:37 PM   #154
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Fixing clunky behavior or building in some needed quality of life is vastly different to removing the rpg aspect of the game.

Also on another note, the inventory in me1 while not amazing is way better than the bullshit ui and lack of inventory in me2.
It doesn't sound like they're axing the inventory system of ME1.
The once clumsy inventory system is now more in line with that of the PC version, and according to Walters features additional improvements that are designed to smooth away the rough edges without “tearing the whole thing down.”

https://www.ign.com/articles/mass-ef...basic-remaster
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2021, 08:45 PM   #155
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R600

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

I would take fixed sniper rifles over inventory.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 08:55 PM   #156
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

More comparison stills:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2021, 09:17 PM   #157
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
More comparison stills:

[]
Thats the first video that actually showed me some imporvements. Even then though, Half those shots look better in the original and half look better in the leg ed.... Not exactly something worth 90 dollars (cause stralia)
Old Feb 8, 2021, 09:38 PM   #158
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Thats the first video that actually showed me some imporvements. Even then though, Half those shots look better in the original and half look better in the leg ed.... Not exactly something worth 90 dollars (cause stralia)
Yeah, totally agree. It really looks like mods you can download already.

I expect much more and better from a professional studio makeover.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 02:51 AM   #159
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

watched the comparison video, the original look better, all they are doing is making things more blurry, adding more shadow or lense flare on the "legendary". meh!

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 03:23 AM   #160
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

First you don't like anything except 2 games, and if anyone thinks the original looks better, I'd suggest emergency LASIK.

Last edited by SirBaron : Feb 9, 2021 at 05:16 AM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 06:35 AM   #161
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
First you don't like anything except 2 games, and if anyone thinks the original looks better, I'd suggest emergency LASIK.
🤣

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2021, 07:43 AM   #162
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
others voiced the same opinion.

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo

Last edited by SirBaron : Feb 9, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 08:02 AM   #163
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am gonna have to say, I won't be picking this up. Too many editorial changes that bring it outside the scope of where the original game was. They spent more time on the "Ethics" changes than actually fixing broken or incomplete content.

The fact they'd rather focus their time and effort on "fixing" camera angles that focused on Miranda's ass than updating and actually aligning the end of the game to maybe tie into Mass Effect Andromeda or something like that goes to show they have lost touch with what would have benefited the series as a whole.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 08:06 AM   #164
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2021, 09:39 AM   #165
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
I am gonna have to say, I won't be picking this up. Too many editorial changes that bring it outside the scope of where the original game was. They spent more time on the "Ethics" changes than actually fixing broken or incomplete content.

The fact they'd rather focus their time and effort on "fixing" camera angles that focused on Miranda's ass than updating and actually aligning the end of the game to maybe tie into Mass Effect Andromeda or something like that goes to show they have lost touch with what would have benefited the series as a whole.
What EA is doing is making a "Star Trek remake", taking the old classics and adding some CGI which does zero to the actual content. Purpose is of course making as much money they can.

There are several "high resolution" texture packs for numerous old games out there. I never use them because I want the game to use the original art direction with what technology was available back then. Deus Ex has several high res texture packs but I never use them and Deus Ex is masterpiece without them.

The games industry is heading towards the movie industry which has totally stagnated. I liked the game industry because it was not politically controlled, full of interesting ideas and original content.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 09:52 AM   #166
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Well that's your taste if you want to play it as it came out originally, however I prefer to make a game look as good as possible, regardless of how old it is.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 09:56 AM   #167
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The games industry is heading towards the movie industry which has totally stagnated. I liked the game industry because it was not politically controlled, full of interesting ideas and original content.
Is this is reference to Miranda's butt shots?

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:50 AM   #168
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Well that's your taste if you want to play it as it came out originally, however I prefer to make a game look as good as possible, regardless of how old it is.
there is some excellent mods for the games come pretty dam close to what ea wants to ram down our throats for more cash.

Things like ultrawide support and faster elevators were modded in already

"MEUITM is a large-scale texture overhaul mod that every Mass Effect player ought to install from the word Go. The mod author tackled everything from shadow maps to character textures, plus armors, clothing and more.

An Anniversary Edition of the mod was released in 2018 allowing customizable variant texture selection during the install process, some optimizations for Reshade users, and lighting touch-ups.:

theres a community patch and fix mod
improved mako mod
mod that converts the cutscenes to 1440p from 720p
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:58 AM   #169
acroig
Troll SMod

So Higgy, you gonna link to those mods or what?

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:37 AM   #170
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So Higgy, you gonna link to those mods or what?
sure i can do that

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/top/
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 11:52 AM   #171
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Gracias!

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2021, 01:30 PM   #172
SirBaron

Yeah but there's stuff they can't mod into the game, like level assets being added etc, proper controller support, changes to the game it self.

I will get this new version, and hope they mod that one instead for even better graphics .
Old Feb 9, 2021, 01:49 PM   #173
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:

I will get this new version, and hope they mod that one instead for even better graphics .
I thought we weren’t giving in to scalpers.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2021, 01:59 PM   #174
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
I thought we weren’t giving in to scalpers.
well Unless scalpers can mod PS5's into PS5 Pro then I don't see the correlation.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 05:33 PM   #175
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not a fan of this remake. I played through the games on Xbox360, and was surprised how good the PC comparison shots looked. Think I'll rather replay that fully modded - thanks for sharing the link
Old Feb 9, 2021, 07:34 PM   #176
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yeah but there's stuff they can't mod into the game, like level assets being added etc, proper controller support, changes to the game it self.

That actually can be added through mods, but more importantly, while some areas are getting more assests in quantity, its nothing more than some random debris or more of the same assests being reused. Not only that, but that last video actually showed a couple scens where they simply REMOVED assests and didnt replace them.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 10:08 PM   #177
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
well Unless scalpers can mod PS5's into PS5 Pro then I don't see the correlation.
Doood, PC all the way!
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2021, 08:00 AM   #178
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
Doood, PC all the way!
, hail!

yoz
Old Feb 14, 2021, 08:51 AM   #179
acroig
Troll SMod

yoz
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:56 AM   #180
SirBaron