Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 18, 2022, 08:29 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Haha that's boombox mode in the Tesla. I've been looking but haven't found anyone that made a Tesla sound like a horse clopping/galloping with it neighing at a complete stop. I know the coconuts setting is similar.
Now the horse gallup would be epic.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2022, 09:07 AM   #212
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

can't stand that crap
i had open headers on my K5 Blazer for a few months
too loud couldn't hear the 1000 watt Fosgate Electronics amp

i think i would rather enjoy all sounds for the rest of my life instead of being deaf
I cant hear you from all the 4 bangers with fart pipes and straightpiped V8s......

To save our hearing we have to download and install fart noises or video game car sounds onto our Teslas for 2.99 a pop!

I see in-car DLC being a thing.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2022, 10:12 AM   #213
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I cant hear you from all the 4 bangers with fart pipes and straightpiped V8s......

To save our hearing we have to download and install fart noises or video game car sounds onto our Teslas for 2.99 a pop!

I see in-car DLC being a thing.....
Or cars driving down the street making horse noises. That would be hilarious hearing it gallop as it's driving around, neighing every once in awhile...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 18, 2022, 11:05 AM   #214
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Or cars driving down the street making horse noises. That would be hilarious hearing it gallop as it's driving around, neighing every once in awhile...
Someone doing that is definately going to vinyl wrap or decal their car with an image of a horse lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2022, 03:39 PM   #215
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If Tesla offers a cyber truck with the KITT red sweeping light and the noise it made from the 80s show Knight Rider. I'm ****ing buying one.

The noise has to be audible from the outside though. That's a must. It should also welcome me in KITT's voice when I approach it.

Future footage of me with my Tesla Cyber Truck when that happens... I tweeted Elon asking for this. I never use twitter. lol

Last edited by Greasy : May 18, 2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:09 AM   #216
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
There's still the problem of universal charging to be addressed, but we're talking 5-10 years. I actually look forward to that day, but I'm not buying into it now. We also need to beef up the power grid to accommodate.
The charger and infrastructure issue is a major problem to me - reminds me of Apple vs the world with all their proprietary connections. Just make a damn universal connector already.

That makes me more hesitant than anything else with buying one now; having to plan your trips to not only the limited charging stations that are available, but even worse finding only the ones that have the specific plug that your particular model uses. It's stupid.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:11 AM   #217
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationcurio has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

The Rivian R1T is tempting. They seem to be off to a slow start, but that could change.
https://insideevs.com/news/578177/ri...elivered-1227/
If I got any of them now, it would be the R1T. Except for the stupid headlights, I just love it. So many useful features.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:19 AM   #218
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
If I got any of them now, it would be the R1T. Except for the stupid headlights, I just love it. So many useful features.
The headlights are my sticking point too, but for the right price I could get over it lol. As usual I’d feel compelled to drive the R1T and the Ford before deciding, but I’d love to give it a try sometime.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2022, 11:24 AM   #219
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
The headlights are my sticking point too, but for the right price I could get over it lol. As usual I’d feel compelled to drive the R1T and the Ford before deciding, but I’d love to give it a try sometime.
The built in genny on the F150 makes me give it serious consideration; but I still like the R1T with all the other features. Love the storage tunnel and the camp stove that could fit in there. And the air compressor.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:38 AM   #220
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
The built in genny on the F150 makes me give it serious consideration; but I still like the R1T with all the other features. Love the storage tunnel and the camp stove that could fit in there. And the air compressor.
I ran across quite a few videos about installing a generator in/on an EV and it doesn’t seem difficult - that R1T has plenty of room for one

All of that extra storage space makes me think in terms of modifications after purchase, because the platform begs for it. I would be designing an off the grid (short term) camping outfit right off the bat. Between the generator and a small solar array, I could be pretty comfortable for a while away from home.

I’ve always wanted to have a vehicle I could really dig into that idea with. One of these would fit the bill nicely.

Edit: Nevermind! Might not need many mods

Last edited by Lazy8s : May 20, 2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old May 20, 2022, 12:09 PM   #221
Greasy
ODI

Now that's what I call an overlander. Elevated sleeping to keep the critters away from the tent and a damn kitchen!
Old May 20, 2022, 12:26 PM   #222
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
I ran across quite a few videos about installing a generator in/on an EV and it doesn’t seem difficult - that R1T has plenty of room for one

All of that extra storage space makes me think in terms of modifications after purchase, because the platform begs for it. I would be designing an off the grid (short term) camping outfit right off the bat. Between the generator and a small solar array, I could be pretty comfortable for a while away from home.

I’ve always wanted to have a vehicle I could really dig into that idea with. One of these would fit the bill nicely.

Boner achieved
Old May 20, 2022, 12:52 PM   #223
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

For what it's worth, you can get those rooftop/truck-bed campers for most vehicles. I was perusing a couple of weeks ago thinking about it myself.

https://gearjunkie.com/camping/best-rooftop-tents

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2022, 12:57 PM   #224
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Boner achieved
Thanks for sharing that
Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
For what it's worth, you can get those rooftop/truck-bed campers for most vehicles. I was perusing a couple of weeks ago thinking about it myself.

https://gearjunkie.com/camping/best-rooftop-tents
You’re going to make me spend money Thanks for that link, and yes, they have about exactly what I had in mind
Old May 20, 2022, 12:58 PM   #225
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that
Hey you caused it, you get to live with the results
Old May 20, 2022, 01:36 PM   #226
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
You’re going to make me spend money Thanks for that link, and yes, they have about exactly what I had in mind

Well, less money than a new electric truck AND a camper/tent... Tell your wife it's a bargain compared to the alternative.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : May 20, 2022 at 01:44 PM.
koralis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2022, 02:17 PM   #227
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hey you caused it, you get to live with the results
It’s tough being me sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Well, less money than a new electric truck AND a camper/tent... Tell your wife it's a bargain compared to the alternative.
It sure is a bargain lol. We would get a lot of use out of a tent like that
Old May 20, 2022, 02:26 PM   #228
curio
𐐒ananaD

Right now I still tent camp. But I tent camp well; and everything pulled in a lightweight 6x4 enclosed trailer.

However in the future outside of getting a sweet Class C motorhome, I still like the idea of a having an EV with things that are purposefully made to fit it - like that camp kitchen in the R1T. Just show up and setup camp easy. Plug in, use the onboard battery to power things.
Old May 20, 2022, 03:54 PM   #229
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Right now I still tent camp. But I tent camp well; and everything pulled in a lightweight 6x4 enclosed trailer.

However in the future outside of getting a sweet Class C motorhome, I still like the idea of a having an EV with things that are purposefully made to fit it - like that camp kitchen in the R1T. Just show up and setup camp easy. Plug in, use the onboard battery to power things.
Tents have been our thing for …a long time. We talked about a motor home, but both of us would rather have that R1T. The amenities would be plenty to make it easier on the both of us and probably open up options for sites we wouldn’t have in a motorhome….One day maybe.