Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:12 AM   #18331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Ah this man knows the classics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That’s because this man strolled with the dinosaurs.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:26 AM   #18332
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 02:32 PM   #18333
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Mauritanian. They sexually abuse you in gitmo/10?
Tom and Jerry. Thanks for ruining my childhood/10.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:12 PM   #18334
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Raya and the Last Dragon. 9/10. Frickin' awesome.

A movie about girls doing boy stuff. Lot's of martial arts, swords, action, and dragons. But everyone is a girl. All 3 of my kids (2 boys and a girl) loved it.

In terms of modern Disney princess movies, I still prefer Moana in many ways. Raya, for all it does right, lacks subtlety. It's themes are very simple, and spelled out explicitly and repetitively... especially at the end. However, Raya makes up for that by being full of fun, action, and atmosphere.

Fun facts:
  • The credits point out that this movie was made during the pandemic with a distributed team, working out of 400+ separate houses. You couldn't tell by watching it though, as it's a new high-water mark for this kind of animation.
  • Raya is voiced by Rose Tico... gross, I know. Actually she does a great job in this movie.

If I had to rank the modern Disney Princess movies:
  1. Moana - Practically a perfect movie, despite being a musical.
  2. Raya - A close second, and I wouldn't be surprised if others ranked it #1. Really amazing work.
  3. Tangled - Very solid and very watchable.
  4. Ralph Breaks the Internet. Yes, it's a princess movie, and very solid.
  5. Brave - Technically it's Pixar not Disney, but I'll count it anyway. Not terrible, but not good either.
  6. Frozen 2 - Mostly garbage.
  7. Frozen - Nearly entirely garbage.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 02:52 AM   #18335
KAC
It might be gays!

Raya and the lost dragon. 8/10.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:59 PM   #18336
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Gerald's Game.

Waste of time. I'm so tired of not being able to find any good movies to watch.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 01:54 PM   #18337
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

wonder woman 84 - given the budget, this may be the worst movie I've ever seen, only bright spot = Gal gadot's beauty
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 02:06 PM   #18338
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
wonder woman 84 - given the budget, this may be the worst movie I've ever seen, only bright spot = Gal gadot's beauty
Ya, rly.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 02:51 PM   #18339
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Stardust . . . 8/10 (Hulu)

It's a fictionalized version of David Bowie's first trip to America. His career was tanking after "Space Oddity." Marc Maron plays his American record-label dude, trying to get Bowie exposure with virtually no budget.

I liked it because I've been a Bowie fan since-- well, "Space Oddity," and because Bowie's first US trip must've been a real mind-fakk for all involved.

Die hard Bowie fans may not like this as it doesn't even try to be factually accurate.

In and of Itself . . . 10/10 (Hulu)

This is so original categorical description is difficult, but it's a one-man show about self-identity that combines performance art, story-telling, magic, humor, and crowd-work.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 05:51 PM   #18340
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Raya and the last dragon - 7/10
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 05:56 PM   #18341
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

altered (2006) 7/10 good mindless scifi
Old Mar 6, 2021, 06:07 PM   #18342
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
watched that too, i'll give it a generous -20/10

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:09 PM   #18343
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
watched that too, i'll give it a generous -20/10
Well Gal and Kristen do look nice....

Monster Hunter. What was I thinking/10.

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2021, 05:42 AM   #18344
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Lasted 2 mins. Into monster hunter, instant turd award, could not waste any more time on it.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 07:47 AM   #18345
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Lasted 2 mins. Into monster hunter, instant turd award, could not waste any more time on it.
I should have done the same.

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2021, 08:49 AM   #18346
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Quote:
I should have done the same.
That bad?
Old Mar 7, 2021, 08:55 AM   #18347
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That bad?
Yeah, rightdown boring.

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2021, 08:57 AM   #18348
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah, rightdown boring.
Too bad, but I won't waste time on it then. Thanks...
Old Mar 7, 2021, 09:06 AM   #18349
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Too bad, but I won't waste time on it then. Thanks...
I was literally falling asleep waiting for it to end.

yoz
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:04 PM   #18350
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Little Women. Watching a movie that my wife picked / 10.

Story is told out of sequence, so I basically never understood what was happening. Good movie, for how utterly incomprehensible it was. Don't recommend for anyone on rage3d.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2021, 07:15 PM   #18351
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

hostile 2018
7.5/10
Old Mar 7, 2021, 07:17 PM   #18352
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I was literally falling asleep waiting for it to end.
So the wife was scrolling through on demand looking for something to watch.

She watched Monster Hunter.

I watched Milla. How can that woman be covered in mud/blood/bruises and look so good?

In our defense it was the best looking "something to watch" that we could find.
5/10
Old Mar 8, 2021, 08:09 AM   #18353
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
So the wife was scrolling through on demand looking for something to watch.

She watched Monster Hunter.

I watched Milla. How can that woman be covered in mud/blood/bruises and look so good?

In our defense it was the best looking "something to watch" that we could find.
5/10
Yeah, same rationale I used and I got it for free from T Mobile. I'd do 4/10 just for Milla....

yoz
Old Mar 8, 2021, 08:53 AM   #18354
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Tom and Jerry was pretty funny.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2021, 01:12 PM   #18355
KAC
It might be gays!

Crisis. 7/10. Good movie that had some decent butt clenching moments.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 01:25 PM   #18356
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Crisis. 7/10. Good movie that had some decent butt clenching moments.
Trailer looks good>adding to the watch list.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 02:48 PM   #18357
acroig
Troll SMod

Heat on Starz. What an amazing movie to re-watch, I needed that.

yoz
Old Mar 8, 2021, 03:06 PM   #18358
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Boss Level. A little formulaic but interesting enough. 7 Punishers / 10 Groundhog Days.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2021, 08:12 PM   #18359
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Heat on Starz. What an amazing movie to re-watch, I needed that.
Definitely intense!
Old Mar 9, 2021, 07:16 AM   #18360
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Stardust . . . 8/10 (Hulu)

It's a fictionalized version of David Bowie's first trip to America. His career was tanking after "Space Oddity." Marc Maron plays his American record-label dude, trying to get Bowie exposure with virtually no budget.
(Hulu)

WRONG!

Stardust is an adult fairytale novel written by Neil Gaiman which was later made into a movie with Charlie Cox, Claire Danes, Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfiffer, and more.

Has to be much more entertaining than your version.

Quote:
Narrator: A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really... "Do the stars gaze back?" Now *that's* a question.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote