Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 30, 2021, 08:32 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Briner
Goku could beat Superman

Briner is still being judged by the masses

Default Old member back, need some PC build recommendations

Hello, I am an old member first joining in 2004. I used the site at the time to build my first ever PC. It was an Athlon 2500+ Radeon 9800Pro, 512MB of Ram. I was 24 at the time and never had a PC before. My last PC was in 2010. I have been using it ever since. However It has run its course and I need an upgrade. I no longer PC game so I do not need a super fast graphics card. In fact I would be fine with reusing my HD 5450. I have $280 in amazon gift cards and would like to keep the price to about $300.

My current PC.
AMD Athlon II X2 240
8 GB DDR2 PC3200
Radeon HD540 Graphics card
500 GB SATA HDD 7200RPM 2.5"
BLU-Ray Burner optical Drive
Antec Minuet 350 case (MicroATX )
Antec 350W Power supply (came with case)
Windows 10 Pro

This PC will be in an entertainment center under my 1080P TV. It will be used for web browsing and home theater use. Movies, streaming, music. The case only fits Micro ATX motherboards. The power supply is an Antec that came with the case. It has a 4 pin cpu power and 20 or 24 pin mainboard power. I no longer PC game. I may in the future need a new TV and at that point it will be a 4K TV. I Do want to stream SNES and NES games to twitch and youtube. This is my main reason for upgrading as my PC can not handle it.

I would like to reuse; Case, Power supply, Hard Drive, Blu-Ray Drive

Can you all recommend a build at $300 for me? Thanks

Last edited by Briner : Mar 30, 2021 at 09:03 AM.
Briner is offline   Reply With Quote