Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old May 25, 2021, 06:25 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
maybe you can get KAC's Edge for a good price :P
I still have my self respect

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 06:37 PM   #32
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
maybe you can get KAC's Edge for a good price :P
‘Member the scene about the Prius in “The Other Guys”…it’s like that, only worse. More like a soup plantation than soup kitchen in that thing.

I’d hard pass…

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 07:36 PM   #33
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Way hard pass
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2021, 10:02 PM   #34
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My car is like 6-7 years younger than Lazy’s truck.
Also driven half the miles and no rust.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2021, 10:28 PM   #35
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
But its a Ford Edge....

and its driven by KAC.....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 02:05 AM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just joking with you KAC.
Old May 26, 2021, 06:25 AM   #37
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am getting so many mixed messages these days I don’t know if somebody wants to have sex with me or **** me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 06:28 AM   #38
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I am getting so many mixed messages these days I don’t know if somebody wants to have sex with me or **** me.
You're getting it right.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2021, 07:20 AM   #39
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
You need to find a way to lighten up buddy. No heavy lifting in a Lazy8s thread
Old May 26, 2021, 07:24 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I ran across a beauty of a 2014 Ram, low miles, loaded, gorgeous inside and out. I was going to visit the guy with my checkbook this morning, but it's already gone.

20k was still a bit steep, but kind of workable given the quality of the vehicle.

Gone. Missed opportunity

this isn't going to be easy.
Old May 26, 2021, 09:07 AM   #41
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
YES
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:21 PM   #42
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Default potential catastrophic failure anyone?

I was checking over the truck today and saw this. I am so glad I caught it before getting on the highway

edit: My better half threw a fit. She wants it gone, yesterday lol.

So I crawled under the truck and saw this.

Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:26 PM   #43
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Thankfully leaf springs aren't too difficult to replace. Glad you caught it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:28 PM   #44
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
edit: My better half threw a fit. She wants it gone, yesterday lol.
You have no choice at this point, spend $ to fix or take it up the bunghole and trade.

yoz
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:28 PM   #45
Lazy8s
One day at a time

My wife is throwing a legit tantrum over it, she never throws tantrums She's convinced it's going to end me lol.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:33 PM   #46
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
My wife is throwing a legit tantrum over it, she never throws tantrums She's convinced it's going to end me lol.
Well, it's clearly not safe to drive as is. The woman loves you obviously, otherwise she'd be playing it down.

yoz
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:35 PM   #47
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

That tie rod isn't looking too good either lol

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 02:50 PM   #48
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Well, it's clearly not safe to drive as is. The woman loves you obviously, otherwise she'd be playing it down.
That's a bright side
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
That tie rod isn't looking too good either lol
It's the rear of the vehicle lol. You mean the brake line?
Old Jun 24, 2021, 03:25 PM   #49
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
That's a bright side

It's the rear of the vehicle lol. You mean the brake line?
ah ok yeah

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 04:23 PM   #50
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
ah ok yeah
Yeah my old beast isn’t looking very good….
Old Jun 25, 2021, 02:34 AM   #51
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

ouch, that could've ended very bad. Stay safe, Lazy, like...really, pls.

Also, can i have your stuff when you're gone?

Nah, seriously, get something safer, the sooner the better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 03:48 AM   #52
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
ouch, that could've ended very bad. Stay safe, Lazy, like...really, pls.

Also, can i have your stuff when you're gone?

Nah, seriously, get something safer, the sooner the better.
I’ll have my wife send a photo of my stuff

Thanks my friend It’s getting sold off soon. Her intuition is usually solid, and she’s really upset that I might keep it. I’d rather dump the truck than see her upset. I’m soft on her like that lol.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 08:18 PM   #53
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I did once. I did it in the hopes that I bought myself two extra years with the car. Well, on second thought, it wasn't MORE than what the car was worth but it was close to EQUAL what the car was worth.

Well, it did buy the car two to three extra years of life but I only saw 6 months of that time before I gave it to my brother and accepted that I needed my corolla.

In the future, never again.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 08:34 PM   #54
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

brother in law bought a 2004 suburban 2500 4x4 here in phoenix for cheap to replace a older one rusted out in that state up north
there are tons of old trucks with no rust here
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2021, 07:48 AM   #55
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Have you thought about expanding your search at all, Lazy, and considering driving a few hrs to look at a car?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2021, 08:11 AM   #56
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
brother in law bought a 2004 suburban 2500 4x4 here in phoenix for cheap to replace a older one rusted out in that state up north
there are tons of old trucks with no rust here
See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Have you thought about expanding your search at all, Lazy, and considering driving a few hrs to look at a car?
Yep, I was actually browsing trucks in bills area this morning lol. And trying to get a handle on cost of transportation to get it here. I honestly don’t know what to think any more given the prices I’m seeing.

I’m just concerned about the obvious …. Buying something I haven’t test driven. And just the principle of spending 20-40% more than the vehicle cast one lousy year ago is really hard to get around.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 04:23 PM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
See below

Yep, I was actually browsing trucks in bills area this morning lol. And trying to get a handle on cost of transportation to get it here. I honestly don’t know what to think any more given the prices I’m seeing.

I’m just concerned about the obvious …. Buying something I haven’t test driven. And just the principle of spending 20-40% more than the vehicle cast one lousy year ago is really hard to get around.

they got these new fangled things called airplanes old man

seriously line a few up and fly down look at a few and drive one back

as for price

looks at 2022 ford f150 lightning price and a solar system to charge it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2021, 04:26 PM   #58
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
seriously line a few up and fly down look at a few and drive one back
This sounds like a way to go.... if you survive the heat of course.

yoz
Old Jun 30, 2021, 06:42 PM   #59
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
See below

Cost me $600 to get my S3 here from Georgia, it's not so bad. I bought that car sight unseen too.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2021, 07:03 AM   #60
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Cost me $600 to get my S3 here from Georgia, it's not so bad. I bought that car sight unseen too.
That’s not bad at all. Given that a lot of what I’m seeing at AZ and TX dealerships is ~5-10% cheaper than here I’m going to give it some serious consideration.