Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 9, 2021, 08:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default My driveway has changed...

Traded my S3 in today. Nearly a straight trade, but my S3 had 45k miles and was a 2018, this is a 2019 with 7k miles. Absolutely love this car. I've been thinking of taking advantage of the sellers market for a bit now, and I absolutely love the S3 and will miss the extra 100hp, but this thing is absolutely wild. Love everything about the way it drives, the hard top, etc. It's also very much like my S3 inside, including having a control knob for Android Auto, and very much feel right at home in it. Helps I've lost some weight too, the car fits me like a glove.

The best part? My wife said do it!
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 08:39 PM   #2
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Wow, awesome!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 08:42 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Oh, and I've wanted a Miata RF since they first announced them. This is a dream come true.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 9, 2021, 09:04 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Congrats. Not a fan of the Miatas myself. Seems like everyone is getting a new car here lol

Edit: 181 HP seems low

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 09:20 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Congrats. Not a fan of the Miatas myself. Seems like everyone is getting a new car here lol

Edit: 181 HP seems low
Can you not?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 09:28 PM   #6
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Love the car. I've been itching for a convertible myself. Just not practical in our case.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2021, 10:53 PM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Can you not?
Congrats!

Welcome to the "drive a slow car fast" club
I personally dont like Miatas (im not a convertible person and im not a fan of 2 seaters either)
But im sure its a riot to drive
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 02:00 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Congratz!
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 02:51 AM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Cool

you need to tint the front beams

Have fun with the car!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 08:02 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
you need to tint the front beams

Have fun with the car!
The headlights on this one aren't as ultrawhite and garbage as the S3
Old Jun 10, 2021, 08:23 AM   #11
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Those are some pretty lines.
AllexxisF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 08:35 AM   #12
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Love those. Congrats on the new ride.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 09:08 AM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. The Miata’s are fun, and I’m sure you’ll have a blast taking it to Autocross.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 09:17 AM   #14
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow. The Miata’s are fun, and I’m sure you’ll have a blast taking it to Autocross.
This!

yoz
Old Jun 10, 2021, 11:33 AM   #15
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Very cool. I'm happy for you. They did a really good job with the design/looks of the RF.

(I'd personally prefer the S3, but it's not about me.)
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2021, 12:21 PM   #16
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Very cool. I'm happy for you. They did a really good job with the design/looks of the RF.

(I'd personally prefer the S3, but it's not about me.)
After driving it much more today and realizing just how tossable this car is, I'm fully on board with it S3 makes a ton of sense from a practical standpoint, but I'm fully in love with this MX-5.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:19 AM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Went on a drive with the local Miata club, went on Lime Creek Rd, which is notoriously twisty. 90% of the club was over 60 Here's the road:

Got to learn a lot about my car, and also was amazed at how hard the geriatrics drove them And now I don't miss the extra power of the S3.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 06:46 PM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got a spare set of wheels for the Miata now, OEM pull off from a member of the local autocross chapter. Will be wrapping them in Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's next Friday, will be ready for autocross on Sunday.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 07:10 PM   #19
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Got a spare set of wheels for the Miata now, OEM pull off from a member of the local autocross chapter. Will be wrapping them in Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's next Friday, will be ready for autocross on Sunday.
Awesome!

yoz
Old Jun 12, 2021, 07:45 PM   #20
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

6-speed manual?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 08:28 PM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
6-speed manual?
Oh yes.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 07:57 PM   #22
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Washed and ceramic waxed the car today using Turtle Wax ceramic wax. What a beauty.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:44 AM   #23
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Neat car. Really like the paint color!!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:24 AM   #24
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Neat car. Really like the paint color!!
Seconded.

yoz
Old Jun 15, 2021, 07:25 AM   #25
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I love silver and those dark grey metallic colors. The best.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2021, 08:14 AM   #26
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really, really, like Mazda's Soul Red Crystal... one of the best reds I've ever seen.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 10:32 AM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
I really, really, like Mazda's Soul Red Crystal... one of the best reds I've ever seen.
My friend in Dallas has a Miata RF in that color, it's gorgeous. There were also a couple at the Miata meet this weekend.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 02:04 PM   #28
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I see a bunch of the Mazda SUVs in Soul Red Crystal and its definitely a nice color. I like the deep nature of it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:23 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got the original window sticker from Mazda, car doesn't have the package that gives you the LSD, so I'm assembling that myself. Ordered the LSD center section and OEM strut bar that come in the GT-S package, with the goal of staying in the CS autocross class.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 08:53 AM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

​This car has some interesting cupholders. They're removeable, and there are different locations in the car that they can be plugged into. They're a little flimsy, so I've resolved to not have any cups without secure lids in the car. Here's a pic of the cupholders behind the arm rest:

And here's the one on the dash:

There's not much of a spot to place a phone in the dash, and the one spot that is there is too shallow for my OnePlus 8T, and also gets way too hot from transmission/exhaust heat, which overheats my phone, so I 3d printed a tray that plugs into the dashboard cupholder. Pic:

Printed on my Prusa i3 MK3S with a 0.6mm nozzle, I decided to push the machine on this print and went with 0.45mm layer heights, shaving the print time from nearly 13hrs to 10hrs. The only problem with those settings is the cracking you can see on the sides in the middle, but I like this tray enough I may go ahead and finish sand it, fill the cracks with superglue, and paint it. This piece is printed in ASA.​