Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:22 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Which part was still blurry? What time stamp? Where did he state DLSS "1.9 & 2.0" didn't give better results? Better results than what?

See, everyone knows your game here NWR, you're not fooling anybody. Your "paraphrasing" is a distort of facts as it's always been, you can never give specific examples because none exist. You only state and twist what fits your bias even when the evidence is contrary (the video and reviewer in this case).

I'm going to continue calling you on these tactics. Just because you have a severe bias against Nvidia, and don't even own an RTX card to see how it looks first hand, doesn't entitle you to an opinion that has no genuine intention of merit in the first place. That by definition is trolling and how you managed to ruin countless other threads when it comes to anything Nvidia related.

The funny thing is, EVERYONE sees it and you have a tendency to argue with them as well.

So let me recap, you're only posting here because of your vitriol for Nvidia, and none of your opinions have base because they aren't with genuine merit in the first place. I and others have seen that video start to finish and it's very clear you can't even present a proper counter argument using the material in hand because none exist. Let alone, you've completely ignored other gamers (not talking about myself) with first hand experience of the new DLSS implementation in new games like Youngblood.

Was that clear enough?
How does it feel to be wrong?

I suggest you take a long hard look at my system specs.. then grab a towel and wipe the egg off your face. . Then understand, I don't have to validate my opinion to you, but, you can go look at the video and find the time stamp of where it compares the still picture of the white board in with the animal faces in the game control. YOU CAN INSTANTLY see the blurriness.

Quote:
He CLEARLY states that DLSS at 1440p provides EQUAVELENT quality to native 4k, and is some cases, BETTER than native 4k quality.

Very easy to call your spade a spade.
Oh, I missed that one liner. Sorry. But that is his opinion, as well as his opinion stating you may or may not get better results, he also goes on to say that different areas deliver different results, some not as good.. I see blurriness, specially in the still picture comparisons.. sorry..

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 2, 2020 at 11:37 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:34 PM   #152
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
How does it feel to be wrong?\
I suggest you take a long hard look at my system specs.. then grab a towel and wipe the egg off your face. . Then understand, I don't have to validate my opinion to you, but, you can go look at the video and find the time stamp of where it compares the still picture of the white board with the red smiley face. YOU CAN INSTANTLY see the blurriness.
Oh, so now you've become a Bill?

Now, is that your gaming system or is that your son's?

--------

White board? You mean Control where DLSS 2.0 wasn't even implemented but a work in progress from 1.0 to 2.0? The game where this method of DLSS will never be used again?

Quote:

Oh, I missed that one liner. Sorry. But that is his opinion, as well as his opinion stating you may or may not get better results, he also goes on to say that different areas deliver different results, some not as good.. I see blurriness, specially in the still picture comparisons.. sorry..

One one hand you say well that's his opinion and you don't agree with it, the other hand you try to cherry pick his words to support your own opinion. You can't have it both ways, though it still shows the lengths you will go to try and get your point across. Which by the way, your statements are coming off as entitled since you're essentially declaring no one else's opinions matter but your own, even if it goes against what others think.

I don't care what you think of DLSS 2.0. It is clear to me you'll go to great lengths to discredit it because you've already decided on your opinion, because you need to have that keep Nvidia in check sentiment regardless if you own the card or not (much like Bill). People with opinions like yourself are hard to take seriously, sorry if that offends but that's the truth. You can't even give a specific example to go straight to, all you're doing is stating "well in my opinion it still looks blurry". Great analysis.

Bash on Hardware Unboxed all you want, but they were the biggest critics of DLSS when DLSS launched. They stated Radeon Image Sharpening was simply better. Now they've changed their tune after seeing DLSS 2.0 first hand. They consider it "at worst equivalent to native 4k" (their words in the video, not mine). So DLSS 2.0 is promising and a great improvement over DLSS 1.0, which they and almost everyone else considered to be trash (with the exception for Metro Exodus, which provided great DLSS image quality at the time for those playing at 4k).

Last edited by Exposed : Mar 3, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:43 PM   #153
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Oh, so now you've become a Bill?

Now, is that your gaming system or is that your son's?

--------

White board? You mean Control where DLSS 2.0 wasn't even implemented but a work in progress from 1.0 to 2.0? The game where this method of DLSS will never be used again?
I have no issues being compared to Bil. But if you must know, my son has a RTX 2070 super.

Control is using 1.9, so no, not 2, but nothing drastic is going to change from 1.9 to 2.0. But you can go to 15:58, listen closely to what he says about the images not being the same, and some areas looking better, and some areas looking worse. there is blurriness in those still pictures using 2.0 as well (of course I'm using my eyes - with brand spanking new glasses) I also notice blurriness in the live action clips, but that could be caused from motion blur in the game itself.

edit: I just saw your edit. You want me to validate my opinion because you don't agree, where you wanted evidence with time stamps. I decided to comply, even though I said I don't have to validate my opinion. The only way I can do that is using his words, and his video, to show you, because there is NO other way to do so. How else is a person supposed to respond to your interrogation because my opinion and eyes see something different? So, lets just agree to disagree, because it seems that is all we do.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 3, 2020 at 01:21 AM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:14 AM   #154
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
DLSS 1.0 is crap and useless. Even if 2.0 is better, until it is widely implemented, it won't amount to anything.
I don't think it will be widely implemented in the short term because many titles are not gpu or raytraced limited. This is where the potential of Dlss shines for titles that have trouble with the 60 fps threshold. However, with more maturity wouldn't rule out a global setting in the future.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:15 AM   #155
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I have no issues being compared to Bil. But if you must know, my son has a RTX 2070 super.

Control is using 1.9, so no, not 2, but nothing drastic is going to change from 1.9 to 2.0. But you can go to 15:58, listen closely to what he says about the images not being the same, and some areas looking better, and some areas looking worse. there is blurriness in those still pictures using 2.0 as well (of course I'm using my eyes - with brand spanking new glasses) I also notice blurriness in the live action clips, but that could be caused from motion blur in the game itself.
Actually, there's some pretty significant differences going from "1.9" to "2.0" The first half of the video was spent on this in preparation for the 2.0 presentation.

Also, at that timestamp, he's saying the 1440p DLSS image sometimes looks slightly different than native 4k, because the image is being reconstructed up to 4k and that won't always be reconstructed natively (which is to be expected, no upscaling method will give a pixel perfect 100% reference image). He didn't say it looked inferior to native 4k either. In fact from that timestamp he immediately goes to say "it's no a longer a situation where DLSS is noticeably worse than native 4k, the two are equivalent with neither being better than the other".

Also, I couldn't see where DLSS was "blurrier" in that timestamp. In fact, it looked sharper/better to me (a case where DLSS gives better than native 4k quality).

Just look at timestamp 16:10, the neon "Ultra video" sign. It looks sharper/better with DLSS than native 4k in those 2x zoom shots.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:49 AM   #156
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Actually, there's some pretty significant differences going from "1.9" to "2.0" The first half of the video was spent on this in preparation for the 2.0 presentation.

Also, at that timestamp, he's saying the 1440p DLSS image sometimes looks slightly different than native 4k, because the image is being reconstructed up to 4k and that won't always be reconstructed natively (which is to be expected, no upscaling method will give a pixel perfect 100% reference image). He didn't say it looked inferior to native 4k either. In fact from that timestamp he immediately goes to say "it's no a longer a situation where DLSS is noticeably worse than native 4k, the two are equivalent with neither being better than the other".

Also, I couldn't see where DLSS was "blurrier" in that timestamp. In fact, it looked sharper/better to me (a case where DLSS gives better than native 4k quality).

Just look at timestamp 16:10, the neon "Ultra video" sign. It looks sharper/better with DLSS than native 4k in those 2x zoom shots.
he specifically said some areas may have a slight increase in detail, and other's may have a decrease in detail at time stamp 16:07. And did you miss where he said TO MY EYES in that quote of being equivalent? That is the professional way to let everyone know that other's may have different results and/or opinion based on what they see. I am one of those people. You see what he see's, and that's okay.

As for the neon, yes and no. DLSS takes away the "neon glow" of the neon and dulls it which makes it appear sharper. But the neon glow is gone and doesn't look neon anymore. So, is it sharper, yes, does it look better, in my opinion, NO because it looks like someone is turning off the neon. Now, if they can get the sharper image without removing the neon glow, that would be great. Then you have next still picture with the car. The end of the fence, right above the bike rack. not only does it get blurry, it loses it's shadow, as well as the top of the poll right in front of it. There is a lot of this going on in both still images. I don't expect you to see it, and again, that's ok. My eyes just see something different, and that is ok too.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 3, 2020 at 01:50 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 07:04 AM   #157
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
he specifically said some areas may have a slight increase in detail, and other's may have a decrease in detail at time stamp 16:07. And did you miss where he said TO MY EYES in that quote of being equivalent? That is the professional way to let everyone know that other's may have different results and/or opinion based on what they see. I am one of those people. You see what he see's, and that's okay.
Yes, you do see only what you want to see.

Quote:

As for the neon, yes and no. DLSS takes away the "neon glow" of the neon and dulls it which makes it appear sharper. But the neon glow is gone and doesn't look neon anymore. So, is it sharper, yes, does it look better, in my opinion, NO because it looks like someone is turning off the neon. Now, if they can get the sharper image without removing the neon glow, that would be great. Then you have next still picture with the car. The end of the fence, right above the bike rack. not only does it get blurry, it loses it's shadow, as well as the top of the poll right in front of it. There is a lot of this going on in both still images. I don't expect you to see it, and again, that's ok. My eyes just see something different, and that is ok too.
No, DLSS doesn't take away the neon glow. It cleans it up rather nicely so it's not that shimmery, jagged mess it was before.

Even in this compressed snapshot, you can see DLSS cleaning up the sign rather well. Of course feel free to see what you want to see, just as anyone can claim their opinion 2x AA looks better than 4x AA.

As far as the shadow, that appears to be grasping at straws as it's a slightly different angle shown from as you said, "all the other stuff going on". It doesn't "lose it's shadow" as DLSS has nothing to do with lighting, if you wanna nitpick between slight angle/lighting differences be my guest, you're not actually addressing the topic at hand.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 08:21 AM   #158
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

does dlss work with 21:9 yet?
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2020, 09:47 AM   #159
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
does dlss work with 21:9 yet?
The new DLSS implementation does work with 21:9

However, so far only Wolfenstein Youngblood and Deliver Us to the Moon has the new DLSS implementation. Doom Eternal will have it as well, though I don't think that game will have problems with framerates to begin with.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:38 AM   #160
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
The new DLSS implementation does work with 21:9

However, so far only Wolfenstein Youngblood and Deliver Us to the Moon has the new DLSS implementation. Doom Eternal will have it as well, though I don't think that game will have problems with framerates to begin with.
im quite disappointed with that, i could really use use the boost of dlss. RTX is largely unplayable for me at 3440x1440 without making large quality sacrifices or console like frame rates
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:40 AM   #161
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

getting to be a thing

Quote:
DOOM Eternal ray tracing will happen post-launch
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/70185...nch/index.html

i'll wait to judge dlss 2.0 till i see a game that did not take three quarters of a year to fine tune RT and DLSS into it like Wolfenstein Youngblood or some old game like deliver us to the moon

lets see a few big games on release day with DLSS 2.0 working from day one and is not very late
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:40 PM   #162
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Yes, you do see only what you want to see.

No, DLSS doesn't take away the neon glow. It cleans it up rather nicely so it's not that shimmery, jagged mess it was before.

Even in this compressed snapshot, you can see DLSS cleaning up the sign rather well. Of course feel free to see what you want to see, just as anyone can claim their opinion 2x AA looks better than 4x AA.

As far as the shadow, that appears to be grasping at straws as it's a slightly different angle shown from as you said, "all the other stuff going on". It doesn't "lose it's shadow" as DLSS has nothing to do with lighting, if you wanna nitpick between slight angle/lighting differences be my guest, you're not actually addressing the topic at hand.
What topic at hand are you referring too? My opinion that there is blurriness? DLSS still doesn't look better in my opinion? All though DLSS isn't supposed to have anything to do with lighting, the lighting changes between Native and DLSS? Aren't they all part of DLSS image quality? What this comes down to, is you want me to validate my opinion because you don't agree with it.

This is like arguing about if a woman is beautiful or not. You think she is as beautiful as hell, me, not so much because we both see different things. You can't see past the makeup, but I can. I stand by what my eyes see, and my opinion. It's not my problem if you agree with it or not. I am done having you make me feel like I have to validate my opinion about what I see with my eyes because it is different than what you see. My eyes have always been sensitive to blurriness, which is one of he reasons I don't even use AA in most games because I can't stand the blurriness that AA adds. You trying to tell me that DLSS looks equivalent or better than the native TSSAA T8X is like a person with 30/30 vision trying to tell a person with 20/20 vision that what they see is identical and that their is no way that he can see anything different. I don't know how else to explain it to you, or make it any clearer. Sorry.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 3, 2020 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling and puctuation/missing word
Old Mar 3, 2020, 01:34 PM   #163
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
im quite disappointed with that, i could really use use the boost of dlss. RTX is largely unplayable for me at 3440x1440 without making large quality sacrifices or console like frame rates
Yeah that was one of the drawbacks of the initial DLSS implementation, no wide screen support.

Hopefully though, perhaps devs will update their older games with the older DLSS implementation into the new version. Maybe even games that don't have RTX but could use DLSS, like Red Dead Redemption 2. Wouldn't hold my breath though.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 07:11 PM   #164
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Yeah that was one of the drawbacks of the initial DLSS implementation, no wide screen support.

Hopefully though, perhaps devs will update their older games with the older DLSS implementation into the new version. Maybe even games that don't have RTX but could use DLSS, like Red Dead Redemption 2. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

and perhaps it will rain benjamins all next week

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:52 PM   #165
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
What topic at hand are you referring too? My opinion that there is blurriness? DLSS still doesn't look better in my opinion? All though DLSS isn't supposed to have anything to do with lighting, the lighting changes between Native and DLSS? Aren't they all part of DLSS image quality? What this comes down to, is you want me to validate my opinion because you don't agree with it.

This is like arguing about if a woman is beautiful or not. You think she is as beautiful as hell, me, not so much because we both see different things. You can't see past the makeup, but I can. I stand by what my eyes see, and my opinion. It's not my problem if you agree with it or not. I am done having you make me feel like I have to validate my opinion about what I see with my eyes because it is different than what you see. My eyes have always been sensitive to blurriness, which is one of he reasons I don't even use AA in most games because I can't stand the blurriness that AA adds. You trying to tell me that DLSS looks equivalent or better than the native TSSAA T8X is like a person with 30/30 vision trying to tell a person with 20/20 vision that what they see is identical and that their is no way that he can see anything different. I don't know how else to explain it to you, or make it any clearer. Sorry.
Sorry, but now it's because your eyes are "special" and better than everyone else's? How about it's because you began this argument with a negative predisposition towards DLSS (which is ok) and didn't even bother looking at the newer implementation (which is NOT ok), and now you're grasping at straws to save face? Using the argument that basically only you can see what you see? And women and makeup?

It's not that hard to provide solid analytical evidence. You said DLSS 2.0 was still blurrier than native 4k despite evidence and analysis of the contrary, so where is your screenshots and outlines and indepth analysis of side by side comparisons, the way Hardware Unboxed did it? And when I did it when you tried to bring up the Neon and fence argument? Sorry I don't buy "your eyes are sensitive to AA and nobody else can see what I can see" because that is a BS, reaching argument. You've done that style of argument in the past and you always get called on it.

Here's yet another example where DLSS 2.0 was found to be as good as, and often BETTER than native 4k as well. This time from Digital Foundry:

Timestamp 11:20

That's not something subjective like women's makeup. That's an objective analysis using 400% zoom and a good reference point (better than the examples shown in Hardware Unboxed presentation).

Now if your eyes are really sensitive to AA, then it would be the native 4k implementation that would bother you, and the DLSS 2.0 implementation the best choice for you to run, based on your own criteria.

"The qualitative difference between native resolution and the various DLSS modes is ever so slight and in fact, there's a strong argument that in some scenarios, the DLSS image offers more clarity than native equivalents."

"If you look at the monitor above the soldier, DLSS reconstructs the radar circle at an even higher quality than native 4k".
Old Mar 5, 2020, 03:43 PM   #166
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Sorry, but now it's because your eyes are "special" and better than everyone else's? How about it's because you began this argument with a negative predisposition towards DLSS (which is ok) and didn't even bother looking at the newer implementation (which is NOT ok), and now you're grasping at straws to save face? Using the argument that basically only you can see what you see? And women and makeup?

It's not that hard to provide solid analytical evidence. You said DLSS 2.0 was still blurrier than native 4k despite evidence and analysis of the contrary, so where is your screenshots and outlines and indepth analysis of side by side comparisons, the way Hardware Unboxed did it? And when I did it when you tried to bring up the Neon and fence argument? Sorry I don't buy "your eyes are sensitive to AA and nobody else can see what I can see" because that is a BS, reaching argument. You've done that style of argument in the past and you always get called on it.

Here's yet another example where DLSS 2.0 was found to be as good as, and often BETTER than native 4k as well. This time from Digital Foundry:

Timestamp 11:20

That's not something subjective like women's makeup. That's an objective analysis using 400% zoom and a good reference point (better than the examples shown in Hardware Unboxed presentation).

Now if your eyes are really sensitive to AA, then it would be the native 4k implementation that would bother you, and the DLSS 2.0 implementation the best choice for you to run, based on your own criteria.

"The qualitative difference between native resolution and the various DLSS modes is ever so slight and in fact, there's a strong argument that in some scenarios, the DLSS image offers more clarity than native equivalents."

"If you look at the monitor above the soldier, DLSS reconstructs the radar circle at an even higher quality than native 4k".
Still trying to get me to see what you see. And it throwing out assumptions and false accusations while doing it. I'm surprised you haven't attacked me for wearing glasses because I am near sighted. I mean you have tried nearly every other angle, why don't you go ahead with that one too.

End of the day, after all your attacks, attempts to belittle me, and manipulation of what said, I still stand by my opinion, of what I see. It's not because I have special vision, which is not what I said. It's the fact that no one has identical Vision, just like hearing and every other sense, some senses, hear, vision, are more acute than others. It's a scientific fact.

Is DLSS 2.0 better than DLSS 1.0 yep. (Which was never the argument) Is it equivalent or better than Native 4K, to ME , Nope! It is still Blurrier over all.

When DLSS came out, you did the exact same thing, Attacked me and others for saying it didn't look as good and was blurry. Show proof, you have an agenda, you don't own NVidiia, you don't have a right to an opinion, blah blah blah. Well here we are again, you are trying to beat me up over a review(s) of demonstrations that NVidia has spent a lot of time and money making look as good as they can, yet some can still see it still isn't better and struggles with blurriness. If you took the time to read some of the comments under the Hardware unboxed video, you would see that... As one person even said, it does good on straight lines, but struggles everywhere else.

So, stop beating me over the head because I don't agree and don't see the clarity you seem to. Thanks.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 5, 2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 07:25 PM   #167
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Still trying to get me to see what you see. And it throwing out assumptions and false accusations while doing it. I'm surprised you haven't attacked me for wearing glasses because I am near sighted. I mean you have tried nearly every other angle, why don't you go ahead with that one too.

End of the day, after all your attacks, attempts to belittle me, and manipulation of what said, I still stand by my opinion, of what I see. It's not because I have special vision, which is not what I said. It's the fact that no one has identical Vision, just like hearing and every other sense, some senses, hear, vision, are more acute than others. It's a scientific fact.

Is DLSS 2.0 better than DLSS 1.0 yep. (Which was never the argument) Is it equivalent or better than Native 4K, to ME , Nope! It is still Blurrier over all.

When DLSS came out, you did the exact same thing, Attacked me and others for saying it didn't look as good and was blurry. Show proof, you have an agenda, you don't own NVidiia, you don't have a right to an opinion, blah blah blah. Well here we are again, you are trying to beat me up over a review(s) of demonstrations that NVidia has spent a lot of time and money making look as good as they can, yet some can still see it still isn't better and struggles with blurriness. If you took the time to read some of the comments under the Hardware unboxed video, you would see that... As one person even said, it does good on straight lines, but struggles everywhere else.

So, stop beating me over the head because I don't agree and don't see the clarity you seem to. Thanks.
Sorry man, but you're the one trying to make this out to be something personal. I've only offered analytical responses, you continue to make subjective analogies (weak ones at that) to "support" your view.

This is what happened: You saw a post about how DLSS 2.0 improved, and you just had to make your opinion that it sucks known without even bothering to look at the evidence.

I mean, THIS was your opening statement: "DLSS 1.0 is crap and useless. Even if 2.0 is better, until it is widely implemented, it won't amount to anything."

Even? That's a clear cut case you didn't even bother to look at the new DLSS video. And you didn't, until you had to actually look at it to try and see if there's any lines you can cherry pick to support your reasoning (and you failed at that).

So, let's just cut to the chase and stick to analytical debates.

Quote:
Is it equivalent or better than Native 4K, to ME , Nope! It is still Blurrier over all.
Ok, what example do you have of this? Can you show where it's blurrier to you? Some screen stills maybe? Something of susbtance, not "women and makeup" type of arguments?

Here's mine. 400% zoom from Digital Foundry's video:

I mean, are you going to seriously tell me DLSS 2.0 (quality mode) is blurrier overall?

You can make your argument about personal attacks (which this is NOT), belittling (which this is NOT), or whatever kind of "manipulation" (again, which this is NOT), but what's really going on here is that you never want to give Nvidia any kind of credit for whatever they do. That includes manipulating arguments and strawman tactics (like your stance now that it's your eyes and you see blurriness in places that others do not). That's your history, and stripes don't change. If anything I'd say you're trying to belittle ME for not seeing with the same "sensitivity" you are, even though I'm the one actually playing in 4k modes on a 65" 4k screen while you're on a 27" 1440p monitor? I'm not that blind man AA artificacts and "blurriness" is going to be much more apparent on a 65" display than a 27" inch one.

But you have multiple sources reporting that DLSS 2.0 is the very least equivalent to native 4k and in many cases BETTER, like the example above. I don't buy your argument NWR, we both know why you're in this argument in the first place even if you won't admit it.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 07:37 PM   #168
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Hey exposed, I've got a question. Is it possible to use 8K DLSS in native 4K mode without owning an 8K monitor and then let it downs sample or would I just be better off using DSR? Can it be used in combination with 8K DSR? Do you need an actual 4K monitor to use 4K DLSS or does it work on lower res monitors via down sampling of some sort? Or is there simply no 8K DLSS option at this point? I don't own an RTX card currently so I don't know what the options are. Just trying to get a feel for what it's possibilities are if you are already 4K native capable and you don't own an 8K monitor.

My take away from this so far is that DLSS won't be able to match native quality no matter what it does in terms of upscaling and sharpening but if the AI can see the image and enhance areas that could use improvement then it's possible for the DLSS total package to look as good or even go beyond native res if it's done just right. These AI improvements could possibly even be applied without upscaling in the future.

Either way, if you have native 4K capability then it's more of a backup option in case your card can't handle native 4K toward the end of it's lifespan on the newest games. It's better to have it than not. Even if it's worse than native 4K, as long as it looks better than native 1440P it would still be a feature worth having in your arsenal of visual upgrade options in combination with various AA methods and sharpening, DSR, texture upscaling ect.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 5, 2020 at 07:47 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2020, 08:16 PM   #169
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I guess I wasn't paying attention to Daz studio's beta. I just learned that Daz studio's newish 4.12 version supports path tracing and opti X. I didn't even realize that the RTX series uses it's tensor cores for IRAY rendering in combination with it's cuda cores. According to daz it allows a 2080TI to render 140% faster than a 1080TI. If they increase RTX capability substantially in combination with more cuda cores I could see some serious decreases in rendering times with a 3080TI! I'm starting to get hyped. Possibly 300% or more performance over my 1080TI's in IRAY renders would greatly help me out. I was considering going with 4X 980TI's or even 4X 1080TI's but I decided to ditch my liquid cooling setup and go with 2X 3080TI's instead. I'm now very glad I chose to go that route.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/0...io-nvidia-rtx/

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 5, 2020 at 08:55 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:39 PM   #170
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Hey exposed, I've got a question. Is it possible to use 8K DLSS in native 4K mode without owning an 8K monitor and then let it downs sample or would I just be better off using DSR? Can it be used in combination with 8K DSR? Do you need an actual 4K monitor to use 4K DLSS or does it work on lower res monitors via down sampling of some sort? Or is there simply no 8K DLSS option at this point? I don't own an RTX card currently so I don't know what the options are. Just trying to get a feel for what it's possibilities are if you are already 4K native capable and you don't own an 8K monitor.

My take away from this so far is that DLSS won't be able to match native quality no matter what it does in terms of upscaling and sharpening but if the AI can see the image and enhance areas that could use improvement then it's possible for the DLSS total package to look as good or even go beyond native res if it's done just right. These AI improvements could possibly even be applied without upscaling in the future.

Either way, if you have native 4K capability then it's more of a backup option in case your card can't handle native 4K toward the end of it's lifespan on the newest games. It's better to have it than not. Even if it's worse than native 4K, as long as it looks better than native 1440P it would still be a feature worth having in your arsenal of visual upgrade options in combination with various AA methods and sharpening, DSR, texture upscaling ect.
There's no such thing as 8k DLSS. At least not yet, probably not for a while.

You do need a 4k display to use 4k DLSS. However, you don't need 4k for DLSS. You can run DLSS in 1440p, it just uses 1080p as the base resolution for reconstruction.

DLSS 2.0 is promising because if you can get native 4k image quality with 1440p performance, that will extend the life your graphics card.

DLSS 1.0 had potential but it was poorly executed and rushed. Only Metro Exodus (and Final Fantasy actually) really benefited from DLSS 1.0, the other games that had it wasn't worth turning on.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:22 PM   #171
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Sorry man, but you're the one trying to make this out to be something personal. I've only offered analytical responses, you continue to make subjective analogies (weak ones at that) to "support" your view.

This is what happened: You saw a post about how DLSS 2.0 improved, and you just had to make your opinion that it sucks known without even bothering to look at the evidence.

I mean, THIS was your opening statement: "DLSS 1.0 is crap and useless. Even if 2.0 is better, until it is widely implemented, it won't amount to anything."

Even? That's a clear cut case you didn't even bother to look at the new DLSS video. And you didn't, until you had to actually look at it to try and see if there's any lines you can cherry pick to support your reasoning (and you failed at that).

So, let's just cut to the chase and stick to analytical debates.

Ok, what example do you have of this? Can you show where it's blurrier to you? Some screen stills maybe? Something of susbtance, not "women and makeup" type of arguments?

Here's mine. 400% zoom from Digital Foundry's video:

I mean, are you going to seriously tell me DLSS 2.0 (quality mode) is blurrier overall?

You can make your argument about personal attacks (which this is NOT), belittling (which this is NOT), or whatever kind of "manipulation" (again, which this is NOT), but what's really going on here is that you never want to give Nvidia any kind of credit for whatever they do. That includes manipulating arguments and strawman tactics (like your stance now that it's your eyes and you see blurriness in places that others do not). That's your history, and stripes don't change. If anything I'd say you're trying to belittle ME for not seeing with the same "sensitivity" you are, even though I'm the one actually playing in 4k modes on a 65" 4k screen while you're on a 27" 1440p monitor? I'm not that blind man AA artificacts and "blurriness" is going to be much more apparent on a 65" display than a 27" inch one.

But you have multiple sources reporting that DLSS 2.0 is the very least equivalent to native 4k and in many cases BETTER, like the example above. I don't buy your argument NWR, we both know why you're in this argument in the first place even if you won't admit it.
Are you still going at it. And you are still trying to spin that I didn't watch the video when I first posted because I chose to post a non confrontational post using the words "even if 2.0 is better" knowing that if I just straight up said my opinion you would get triggered like you always do. But you got triggered anyways, and started attacking me. So yeah, I expressed my opinion on what I saw in Hardware Unboxed video, and you got triggered more and kept on with the attacks.

Now you posted a screen shot of a comparison that has a 4k native in it that looks like they took at 1080p, upscaled it to 4k and then blew it up to 400%, with NO information on what seetings that Native 4K comparison was taken at. Heck, I have 720P stuff that scaled to 4k that looks 10 times better than that. At least Hardware unboxed had the professionalism to show the setting in every comparison. But you win, in that comparison, the DLSS looks better. But that isn't saying much, and doesn't change my current opinion on DLSS 2.0. Specially since it looks like they took the worse possible 4K native they could find with no settings information what so ever.

It's sad, now you have degraded to attacking what monitor I have, why because I now have an RTX and you can't use that against me? I also have a 65" 4k screen, as well as a 55" 4k screen.. so what's your point? You think you are the only person who plays on a large 4K screens? Just more stupid and wrong assumptions.

This is the same song and dance you did when DLSS 1.0 was released, I said it was blurry, and you argued that it wasn't, based off of Nvidia's optimized and controlled examples, videos, and screen shots. Once people started releasing examples that where not optimized and controlled by Nvidia, we finally saw how bad it really was. DLSS 2.0 is better than DLSS 1.0, based off of a game that Nvidia has optimized the crap out of to sell DLSS 2.0. But to me, it still isn't better than the 4K Native screens that Hardware Unboxed used with max quality settings. read that again, to me it still isn't better. That is my opinion, and you have yours.. They are different, and that if fine.

I don't see what you see, I don't agree, and I don't have too. So stop trying to get me too. I will say it again, it's time to agree to disagree.. NOW STOP!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 5, 2020 at 11:56 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:11 AM   #172
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Are you still going at it. And you are still trying to spin that I didn't watch the video when I first posted because I chose to post a non confrontational post using the words "even if 2.0 is better" knowing that if I just straight up said my opinion you would get triggered like you always do. But you got triggered anyways, and started attacking me. So yeah, I expressed my opinion on what I saw in Hardware Unboxed video, and you got triggered more and kept on with the attacks.

Now you posted a screen shot of a comparison that has a 4k native in it that looks like they took at 1080p, upscaled it to 4k and then blew it up to 400%, with NO information on what seetings that Native 4K comparison was taken at. Heck, I have 720P stuff that scaled to 4k that looks 10 times better than that. At least Hardware unboxed had the professionalism to show the setting in every comparison. But you win, in that comparison, the DLSS looks better. But that isn't saying much, and doesn't change my current opinion on DLSS 2.0. Specially since it looks like they took the worse possible 4K native they could find with no settings information what so ever.

It's sad, now you have degraded to attacking what monitor I have, why because I now have an RTX and you can't use that against me? I also have a 65" 4k screen, as well as a 55" 4k screen.. so what's your point? You think you are the only person who plays on a large 4K screens? Just more stupid and wrong assumptions.

This is the same song and dance you did when DLSS 1.0 was released, I said it was blurry, and you argued that it wasn't, based off of Nvidia's optimized and controlled examples, videos, and screen shots. Once people started releasing examples that where not optimized and controlled by Nvidia, we finally saw how bad it really was. DLSS 2.0 is better than DLSS 1.0, based off of a game that Nvidia has optimized the crap out of to sell DLSS 2.0. But to me, it still isn't better than the 4K Native screens that Hardware Unboxed used with max quality settings. read that again, to me it still isn't better. That is my opinion, and you have yours.. They are different, and that if fine.

I don't see what you see, I don't agree, and I don't have too. So stop trying to get me too. I will say it again, it's time to agree to disagree.. NOW STOP!
Watch the video again. Native 4k is... native 4k.

DLSS Quality mode is 1440p upscaled. DLSS Performance mode is 1080p upscaled.

Seriously, your arguments are crumbling apart because you're so desperate to dig up a counter point. Now you're just plain wrong in everything you post because you're not taking the time to watch and understand the video.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 12:36 AM   #173
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Watch the video again. Native 4k is... native 4k.

DLSS Quality mode is 1440p upscaled. DLSS Performance mode is 1080p upscaled.

Seriously, your arguments are crumbling apart because you're so desperate to dig up a counter point. Now you're just plain wrong in everything you post because you're not taking the time to watch and understand the video.
4K Native is 4K Native.. really? I never knew that. You must think I'm some hill billy hick from the sticks. /sarcasm

You have 4K native with No AA, 4K Native with low quality AA, 4k native with High Quality AA, etc (settings matter). Yet you want to say I am wrong on every point, and I am not watching the video or understanding it. When It was pretty obvious what I was referring to when I said that Hardware Unboxed showed their settings with every comparison, where Digital Founder does not, and didn't where you took that screen shot from, he didn't even say it verbally. Way to cherry pick and manipulate. You just don't know when to quit.

This pretty much sums up using Young Blood to try and say DLSS is equivalent or better:

Quote:
We’re hesitant to say that the image quality DLSS provides is better than native, because Youngblood’s existing anti-aliasing techniques like SMAA T1x and TSSAA T8X aren’t great, and produce a bit of blur across what should be a very sharp native 4K image. When comparing DLSS directly to, say, TSSAA T8X, the DLSS image is sharper, and we should note here the results we’re showing now are with the game’s built in sharpening setting turned off.
https://www.techspot.com/article/1992-nvidia-dlss-2020/

I don't agree it's even equivalent or better. But hey, That's my opinion only, not yours, and I am not telling you to agree. if you want to go on thinking it is, based off of a game that doesn't have great standard AA techniques, by all means, go for it. Enjoy your game!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 6, 2020 at 01:13 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 01:22 AM   #174
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Considering Dlss utilizes a x64 jittered ability there may be some softer but smoother aspects while static or dynamically moving. If this is the case a gamer may adjust the clarity with a simple adjustment from the sharpening filter.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 01:35 AM   #175
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
You have 4K native with No AA, 4K Native with low quality AA, You have 4k native with High Quality AA (settings matter). Yet you want to say I am wrong on every point, and I am not watching the video or understanding it. When It was pretty obvious what I was referring to when I said that Hardware Unboxed showed their settings with every comparison, where Digital Founder does not, and didn't where you took that screen shot from. Way to cherry pick and manipulate.
And yet you disagreed with Hardware Unboxed where you ran off on a rant about "your eyes", you even stressed their findings was their opinion only.

Now you run to quote a single line you THINK "supports" your argument but yet again shows you really don't understand what you're reading and just desperate of a counterpoint.

So which one is it? You agree with them or not?

Because you seemed to have ignored the line before:

Despite DLSS rendering at an actual resolution below 4K, the final results are as good as or in some circumstances better than the native 4K image.

Or immediately after:

And while it may not be always superior to native 4K, being at worst equivalent to 4K, is a huge step forward for DLSS. As we talked about extensively in previous features, older DLSS implementations were only good enough to produce an 1800p-like image, often with weird artifacts like thin wires and tree branches getting ‘thickened’, along with a general oil painting effect that we didn’t like. None of those issues are present here, this just straight up looks like a native image.

That line you posted was in reference to the temporal AA comparisons, because they were concerned the temporal component would mitigate a direct comparison. That would indicate they were concerned the DLSS image would be sharper just because of that.

Yet, YOU think DLSS is blurrier, even though every single screenshot shows otherwise. Again, you can't even keep your argument straight, you're so desperate for a counterpoint.

Now, when taking the temporal factor out, and comparing native 4k:

However, when putting DLSS up against SMAA without a temporal component, so just regular SMAA, the level of clarity and sharpness DLSS provides is quite similar to the SMAA image. Again, there are advantages here – SMAA does have a fair few remaining jagged edges and some shimmering, which is generally cleaned up with DLSS – but when comparing detail levels we’d say both native 4K and DLSS are similar.

Quote:
I don't agree it's even equivalent or better. But hey, That's my opinion only, not yours, and I am not telling you to agree. if you want to go on thinking it is, based off of a game that doesn't have great standard AA techniques, by all means, go for it. Enjoy your game!
Feel free to agree or disagree or whatever. It's just amusing how every major site is seeing vast improvements with DLSS 2.0 yet YOU contends its still blurrier. After countless screenshots and videos posted.

BTW, Digital Foundry was running UBER settings for native 4k, it even states so in the overlay. Uber enables TSSAA 8X (the best AA method) by default. Grasping at straws much?

Regardless, it doesn't matter if no AA or the best AA is used, DLSS 2.0 is providing the best image quality overall. You wanna nitpick with Digital Foundry, well then your only course is to fall back to Hardware Unboxed who comes up with the same conclusions with all their settings tested.

But who cares what they think, right? It's your eyes after all? So, show me where you see DLSS 2.0 being "blurrier' than native 4k. Heck download the game, you have a 2080 don't you? Where's your examples/screenshots, videos, etc.??

Last edited by Exposed : Mar 6, 2020 at 01:50 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 01:56 AM   #176
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Also, don't expect older games to switch from DLSS 1.0 to DLSS 2.0 anytime soon. There's enough of a significant difference where the elements of the game need to be reworked.

Metro Exodus devs on DLSS 2.0: "We may implement it in the future, but for now, no. There are some systems that we would have to rework in order to support the new priorities of the updated DLSS."

https://www.reddit.com/r/metro/comme...s_ama/fixv61n/

Metro had a good DLSS implementation to begin with, so they don't need to switch imo.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 03:35 AM   #177
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Considering how critical Hardware Unboxed was of earlier iterations of Dlss and now sees the potential with Dlss maturity, speaks volumes of improved quality and flexibility.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 05:28 AM   #178
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
There's no such thing as 8k DLSS. At least not yet, probably not for a while.

You do need a 4k display to use 4k DLSS. However, you don't need 4k for DLSS. You can run DLSS in 1440p, it just uses 1080p as the base resolution for reconstruction.

DLSS 2.0 is promising because if you can get native 4k image quality with 1440p performance, that will extend the life your graphics card.

DLSS 1.0 had potential but it was poorly executed and rushed. Only Metro Exodus (and Final Fantasy actually) really benefited from DLSS 1.0, the other games that had it wasn't worth turning on.
Ok, thanks for taking the time to clarify it. Personally, I didn't like DLSS 1.0 even in Metro. It was really blurry compared to native 4K. I'm glad they went back to the drawing board. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at 2.0 but from what I have seen, it looks much better in terms of fine clarity without looking over sharpened.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 08:24 AM   #179
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
And yet you disagreed with Hardware Unboxed where you ran off on a rant about "your eyes", you even stressed their findings was their opinion only.

Now you run to quote a single line you THINK "supports" your argument but yet again shows you really don't understand what you're reading and just desperate of a counterpoint.

So which one is it? You agree with them or not?

Because you seemed to have ignored the line before:

Despite DLSS rendering at an actual resolution below 4K, the final results are as good as or in some circumstances better than the native 4K image.

Or immediately after:

And while it may not be always superior to native 4K, being at worst equivalent to 4K, is a huge step forward for DLSS. As we talked about extensively in previous features, older DLSS implementations were only good enough to produce an 1800p-like image, often with weird artifacts like thin wires and tree branches getting ‘thickened’, along with a general oil painting effect that we didn’t like. None of those issues are present here, this just straight up looks like a native image.

That line you posted was in reference to the temporal AA comparisons, because they were concerned the temporal component would mitigate a direct comparison. That would indicate they were concerned the DLSS image would be sharper just because of that.

Yet, YOU think DLSS is blurrier, even though every single screenshot shows otherwise. Again, you can't even keep your argument straight, you're so desperate for a counterpoint.

Now, when taking the temporal factor out, and comparing native 4k:

However, when putting DLSS up against SMAA without a temporal component, so just regular SMAA, the level of clarity and sharpness DLSS provides is quite similar to the SMAA image. Again, there are advantages here – SMAA does have a fair few remaining jagged edges and some shimmering, which is generally cleaned up with DLSS – but when comparing detail levels we’d say both native 4K and DLSS are similar.

Feel free to agree or disagree or whatever. It's just amusing how every major site is seeing vast improvements with DLSS 2.0 yet YOU contends its still blurrier. After countless screenshots and videos posted.

BTW, Digital Foundry was running UBER settings for native 4k, it even states so in the overlay. Uber enables TSSAA 8X (the best AA method) by default. Grasping at straws much?

Regardless, it doesn't matter if no AA or the best AA is used, DLSS 2.0 is providing the best image quality overall. You wanna nitpick with Digital Foundry, well then your only course is to fall back to Hardware Unboxed who comes up with the same conclusions with all their settings tested.

But who cares what they think, right? It's your eyes after all? So, show me where you see DLSS 2.0 being "blurrier' than native 4k. Heck download the game, you have a 2080 don't you? Where's your examples/screenshots, videos, etc.??
My response or the quote rather wasn't about my opinion, or even to support my opinion. Which in that response I already said I don't agree with it being equivalent or better. So I already answered if I do or don't.

That quote was about YOUR rant and argument that it's equivalent or even better at times. Which I am not saying isn't how you see it. However, even thought I don't even agree with that, it shows that it's another PR stunt from Nvidia, They have released DLSS 2.0 in the best light possible, which every manufacture does, it's called business. In this case they are put all their time and optimization in a game were the standard AA is not so great. What that means, is it's being compared to standard AA formats in this game, that because of how the game render's AA (makes it blurry per the quote), puts a thumb on the scale in DLSS 2.0's favor. All of Hardware Unboxed video clips, and the screen shots where with TSSAA 8X. So when it starts being implemented, in other games that have better implementations of standard AA formats, it MAY not end up looking equivalent are sometimes better as you, and reviewers state. That's all that quote was to point out. NOTHING to do with my opinion.

I never said DLSS 2.0 wasn't a huge step forward. Does it look a whole lot better than DLSS 1.0, Yep! I never disagreed with that.

Comparing just SMAA to DLSS (most likely quality setting) is not relevant, because SMAA is the lowest setting for SMAA. Which keeps the thump on the scale.

DLSS is another form of AA, so how can it be said it doesn't matter if AA is used or not when comparing?

As for Digital Founder's.. Where does it show it on the clip they use to zoom in to 400%. There is NOTHING in the overlay about what settings they are using at that time. a few clips earlier, they show something to the nature of Uber settings streaming 1440p when showing Ray Tracing. or just before when they are showing different setting comparisions with DLSS, and such, But nothing at that time on the overlay showing what the settings are.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 6, 2020 at 09:44 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 09:33 AM   #180
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
My response or the quote rather wasn't about my opinion, or even to support my opinion. Which in that response I already said I don't agree with it being equivalent or better. So I already answered if I do or don't.

That quote was about YOUR rant and argument that it's equivalent or even better at times. Which I am not saying isn't how you see it. However, even thought I don't even agree with that, it shows that it's another PR stunt from Nvidia, They have released DLSS 2.0 in the best light possible, which every manufacture does, it's called business. In this case they are put all their time and optimization in a game were the standard AA is not so great. What that means, is it's being compared to standard AA in this game, that because of how the game render's standard AA (makes it blurry per the quote), puts a thumb on the scale in DLSS 2.0's favor. All of Hardware Unboxed video clips, and the screen shots where with TSSAA 8X. So when it starts being implemented, in other games that have better implementations of standard AA, it's MAY not end up looking equivalent are sometimes better as you, and reviewers state. That's all that quote was to point it. NOTHING to do with my opinion.
TSSAA 8x is the best method of AA to remove jaggies outside of DLSS. DLSS does this better without sacrificing image quality.

You also conveniently ignored the entire section where SMAA was used and DLSS still delivered the better, sharper image while doing a better job than TSSAA 8x for removing aliasing.

As the screenshots clearly shows. If you disagree, please post your own analysis with screen stills.

Quote:

I never said DLSS 2.0 wasn't a huge step forward. Does it look a whole lot better than DLSS 1.0, Yep! I never disagreed with that.
You said DLSS 2.0 still looked blurrier than native 4k.

Still waiting for you to demonstrate that, please.

Quote:

As for Digital Founder's.. Where does it show it on the clip they use to zoom in to 400%. There is NOTHING in the overlay about what settings they are using at that time. a few clips earlier, they show something to the nature of Uber settings streaming 1440p when showing Ray Tracing. or just before when they are showing different setting comparisions with DLSS. But nothing at that time.
They were using Uber settings across the board. Why are you denial about this? Makes you look desperate to be honest.

What's funny is that you continue to ignore the point that it doesn't matter what AA was used for the native 4k image, HU showed DLSS 2.0 still delivered the better image regardless of setting.

This is a fact you can't seem to accept. All you're left with is desperate arguments like "well my eyes sees this" and "my eyes are more sensitive than yours". Complete and utter BS.

You keep going down this rabbit hole and everyone sees how desperate you are for a counterpoint. You don't offer any analytical, objective arguments or demonstrations. If you can show me one example where DLSS 2.0 in either Wolfenstein or Deliver us to the moon is "blurrier" than native 4k, you'd have something to stand on. But you can't, because apparently no on else can see it except for you. So please, keep this digging this hole.