Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Dec 30, 2020, 07:11 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Never saw this thread lol. Still need one
Nascar and I still have cards pending on the EVGA queue, we're hoping it starts moving again in Jan.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 07:14 AM   #152
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Nascar and I still have cards pending on the EVGA queue, we're hoping it starts moving again in Jan.
I do as well, but my date isn't until Oct 3rd. What is it up to now?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 07:45 AM   #153
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I do as well, but my date isn't until Oct 3rd. What is it up to now?
Dunno but I should be up near the top for both Hybrid 3080s.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 30, 2020, 08:39 AM   #154
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Earliest one I still have in the EVGA queue is for a RTX 3080 XC3 GAMING (10G-P5-3883-KR) at 9/17/2020 9:17:08 AM PT but I don't think they are making any.

However if by some miracle I get an email to buy it I will and offer it up for sale here.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:16 AM   #155
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Earliest one I still have in the EVGA queue is for a RTX 3080 XC3 GAMING (10G-P5-3883-KR) at 9/17/2020 9:17:08 AM PT but I don't think they are making any.

However if by some miracle I get an email to buy it I will and offer it up for sale here.
I have one of those for 9/16 11:21 PM. They are only shipping high end parts.

yoz
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:42 AM   #156
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I have one of those for 9/16 11:21 PM. They are only shipping high end parts.
Yeah and it makes sense they are focusing on the more expensive models. People are going to buy whatever is available so why bother making the cheaper models.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:47 AM   #157
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yeah and it makes sense they are focusing on the more expensive models. People are going to buy whatever is available so why bother making the cheaper models.
Exactly.

yoz
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:50 AM   #158
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Dunno but I should be up near the top for both Hybrid 3080s.
I will take a 3080 FTW3 hybrid off your hands. Dibs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 09:52 AM   #159
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I will take a 3080 FTW3 hybrid off your hands. Dibs.
Yeah, ok....

yoz
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:07 AM   #160
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Yeah, ok....
Better to sell it to someone who does not have a 3XXX or 6XXX series card.

In my opinion.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:08 AM   #161
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I need to remain patient and wait for the 4000 series. I'm going to go balls out with a TITAN/4090. This 3080 is good but I crave that extra 15-20% performance I'm missing. I could probably stretch that to 25-30% with my tweaking.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:13 AM   #162
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post

In my opinion.
I would keep the Hybrid and pass on my Ultra gaming.

yoz
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:17 AM   #163
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I would keep the Hybrid and pass on my Ultra gaming.
All I'm saying is to sell a new generation card to someone who hasn't tasted the new generation as yet.

If you have any thing to sell I mean.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:24 AM   #164
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
All I'm saying is to sell a new generation card to someone who hasn't tasted the new generation as yet.

If you have any thing to sell I mean.
I agree. Its right thing to do to give it to someone more in need. KAC is definitely NOT in need.

Kind of a ballsy move for him to even ask and try to "call dibs."
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:55 AM   #165
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

In my opinion.
Why is it better if I called first dibs? Wtf?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:57 AM   #166
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
I agree. Its right thing to do to give it to someone more in need. KAC is definitely NOT in need.

Kind of a ballsy move for him to even ask and try to "call dibs."
If that’s the case then do a proper queue. I don’t see a queue system here. People posting interest and I have equal right to post my interest.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:00 AM   #167
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
If that’s the case then do a proper queue. I don’t see a queue system here. People posting interest and I have equal right to post my interest.
And people have equal right to refuse that interest in whatever terms they decide. Calling "dibs" means absolutely squat, and not very hard to see why people see it negatively. Big fat DERP.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:02 AM   #168
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Come on dude. The thread was to help Rage3d members get a 30 series card.

You've already gotten multiple 30 series cards while there are guys here still trying to grab their first. You don't see the issue with trying to call dibs on yet another?
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:03 AM   #169
KAC
It might be gays!

Of course they can refuse. Wtf? I am not going to take a plane to get it from their house.

But why are all the others jumping up and down? That way you should also jump up and down on EVGA forums that is allowing him to purchase multiple SKUs through a queuing system.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:05 AM   #170
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Come on dude. The thread was to help Rage3d members get a 30 series card.

You've already gotten multiple 30 series cards while there are guys here still trying to grab their first. You don't see the issue with trying to call dibs on yet another?
No I don’t. If they also put in the effort they would have had one. I also got cards and gave it to people in need. Same will happen with my TUF if I manage to get a FTW3 hybrid. I really don’t see the issue.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:13 AM   #171
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
If they also put in the effort they would have had one.
Not everyone who wants a card can get one, no matter the effort. That's the problem.

There's not enough stock to meet demand and not everyone can neglect their family and their work to spend ridiculous amounts of time online hunting for one. Not everyone lives close to a Micro Center which is the only damn brick and mortar that ever receives stock.

Sometimes your comments are so god damn out of touch and selfish.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:17 AM   #172
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Well if anyone wants to sell one to me hit me up

I don’t mind a reference one I don’t plan on doing any overclocking on it or the PC I’m going to put together for the 3080.

If anyone’s got a 5900 I’ll take that as well.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:18 AM   #173
KAC
It might be gays!

If I were selfish I would be ripping people off because I had way more chances to grab more cards than I did. And also turn up profits. As for time and effort everyone’s definition is different. If they put in same effort as people getting cards I can guarantee they could have had one. Not everyone sat for nights like I did or stood out of MC. People used all sorts of strategies that are well documented including phone pings with possibility to checkout in first 20 seconds with a card.

But saying in this thread that one person has more right to a card is stupid and a double standard because it also includes all the people providing the cards. Anyways good luck to whoever gets the cards. I am out of this nonsense.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:24 AM   #174
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Given the purpose of this thread, a qualifying Rage3d member who doesn't yet have a 30 series card should absolutely have more right to one than someone who does already have one. I think most people here would agree. A bit silly it even needs to be said.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:26 AM   #175
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s like saying if someone has a job and is applying for a new job then ones who don’t have a job should have first right to the new role? See how ridiculous that sounds? If that were the case it should’ve been stated in the thread from the get go.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:41 AM   #176
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
That’s like saying if someone has a job and is applying for a new job then ones who don’t have a job should have first right to the new role? See how ridiculous that sounds? If that were the case it should’ve been stated in the thread from the get go.
Its a bad analogy because whether someone gets hired for a job or not should be based on qualifications not need.

The purpose of this thread was to get 3080/3090 cards to forum members who still needed them. Didn't think that would have needed to be stipulated in the OP but apparently maybe I'm wrong on that since some people operate solely on greed.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 11:51 AM   #177
KAC
It might be gays!

Dude just calm the **** down. First you called me selfish and now greedy. Get a life.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:03 PM   #178
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Dude just calm the **** down. First you called me selfish and now greedy. Get a life.
Well that's how you're acting my friend. Can't help it if I'm compelled to call out people's bullshit.

And I can't get a life. I'm happily married with two kids and stuck in a slow work day.

Anyways you calm down. I am fine and just having a spirited debate. You're just getting butt hurt because you know I'm right.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:06 PM   #179
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
He doesn't seem very excited to me. If you don't like what you're hearing you should probably let it go. You're digging yourself an ethical hole here.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Dec 30, 2020, 12:09 PM   #180
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Well that's how you're acting my friend. Can't help it if I'm compelled to call out people's bullshit.

And I can't get a life. I'm happily married with two kids and stuck in a slow work day.

Anyways you calm down. I am fine and just having a spirited debate. You're just getting butt hurt because you know I'm right.
Stop calling people names and then have the decency to have a spirited debate. You are not on some moral high horse or ethical crusade here.