Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

Default I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake.Now its time to erase that mistake

Just saw this awsome movie I haven't seen in years. This is one kick ass movie. No pussy sh!t in this movie. Just violent justice and awsome quotes.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:27 PM   #2
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Its either robocop or total recall?
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:27 PM   #3
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

robocop I think
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:32 PM   #4
Blasphemer
Radeon Northern Islands

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

Robocop 1, great film, well it was in 1987 when it came out.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:34 PM   #5
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemer
Robocop 1, great film, well it was in 1987 when it came out.
It's still a great movie.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:37 PM   #6
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

It's still the über-coolest cop movie ever.

"B*tches leave!"
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah it really is a great movie. So many cool details with the news achoring and commercials for "Nukem" the family game
Old Sep 27, 2005, 03:58 PM   #8
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Ya, it's also one of the only two movies I know of where extreme violence actually serves a purpose. It's horrific by our standards, but happening in a future society where people sorta just go "meh".

The scene where the ED-209 pumps some 100 bullets into the guy at the meeting, and someone calling for an ambulance was just brilliant. Also, "give the man a hand", which is probably the most violent scene in movie history. At least in the uncut DVD version.

You should see Starship Troopers, if you haven't.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 04:29 PM   #9
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordaktheman
... which kicks ass as well.

*cue to dead, dismembered dog*

"The only good bug, is a dead bug !"
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 04:59 PM   #10
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb
Just saw this awsome movie I haven't seen in years. This is one kick ass movie. No pussy sh!t in this movie. Just violent justice and awsome quotes.
The thing is..with robocop as a kid I just thought how cool robocop was...I overlooked the violence and gore and I was like 5-6 when i watched it.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 05:11 PM   #11
Yuber
Thread Killer

Yuber is still being judged by the masses

Default .............

I remember seeing it in the theatre

Extremely well done movie for its time. I don't remember anything that was quite like it.
Yuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 05:30 PM   #12
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

Which BTW is from the same director and almost the same team who made Robocop 1 But you probably know since you mention it.

Hell, even the Troops uniforms/armors looks like Robocop
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 05:36 PM   #13
Fuddrucker
Radeon R200

Fuddrucker is still being judged by the masses

I'd buy that for a dollar!
PC Power & Cooling 750W w/single 60amp Rail
4GB G.SKILL DDR3 SDRAM 1333
1.5TB Segate w/32M Cache
ATI HIS IceQ4 4870, 1GB, 825 gpu/1025 mem.
Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows 7 Pro.
Stable as a Rock!!
Fuddrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 05:43 PM   #14
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i never thought it was great, but kind of a modern classic anyway. i always loved the part where he stabbs him in the neck at the end, but i just never could watch the beginning where the beat him.

and we saw peter weller at an oilers game not long after the movie came out. he had to bodygaurds next to, but we went over and asked for his autograph. i trashed it a while back when i moved out though.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:19 PM   #15
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

hmm.. was reading on imdb, and in the trivia.. "The repeated line "I'll buy that for a dollar" comes from Cyril Kornbluth's short story "The Marching Morons", which presents a similarly cynical view of an over-commercialized future that's desensitized to violence and war. A game show in that short story uses that line as its signature phrase."

which is smash tv
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:19 PM   #16
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ
Which BTW is from the same director and almost the same team who made Robocop 1 But you probably know since you mention it.

Hell, even the Troops uniforms/armors looks like Robocop
Verhoeven's one of maybe 5 directors I'd call "favorites". Robocop, Total Recall, and Starship Troopers are 3 of the most underrated movies I can think of. Especially ST.

A few years ago, I did a course on Nazi art, and guess which movie the professor had us watch. His own favorite movie, Starship Troopers.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:55 PM   #17
Unreal
The New Season

Unreal is still being judged by the masses

"Your Move, Creep"

god bless this movie, i love it

and ED-209 is one hell of a bad ass! the excellent stop-motion techniques made him look really intimidating. Something i think CGI wouldnt have been able to portray as good.
Gaming PC: Intel C2D E4400 @ 3.0Ghz | Arctic Cooling F7 Pro | Asus P5N-E SLI | 3GB OCZ DDR2 Platinum XTC | eVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative Audigy 2 ZS | Internal: Maxtor 200GB SATA | External: Seagate 1TB | Sony DW-D23A 16x DVD±RW | Windows 7 32Bit | 3DMark06: 11,179

Consoles: PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Portable
Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:31 AM   #18
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Robocop 1 and Starship trooper = teh x100000
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 01:04 AM   #19
I.S.T.
New Grimlock: now 80x80

Location: Texas. Guess which city and you won't win a damned thing.
I.S.T. is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Ya, it's also one of the only two movies I know of where extreme violence actually serves a purpose. It's horrific by our standards, but happening in a future society where people sorta just go "meh".

The scene where the ED-209 pumps some 100 bullets into the guy at the meeting, and someone calling for an ambulance was just brilliant. Also, "give the man a hand", which is probably the most violent scene in movie history. At least in the uncut DVD version.

What's the other movie?

oh, and you should should watch Dead Alive before you begin claiming scenes are the goriest ever. compare everything to that movie.
I.S.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 02:17 AM   #20
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter
The thing is..with robocop as a kid I just thought how cool robocop was...I overlooked the violence and gore and I was like 5-6 when i watched it.

Yeah I was 12 or so when I saw it. And I too kinda didn't focus on the violence because the movie succeeds so well in showing that it is all fiction.

There are alot of cool passages in the movie, like when Boddicker has just caught Murphy and he closes in and say "You probably don't think that I am a very nice guy"..

Or when he is about to kill Bob Morton and he enters the room and coldy say "B!tches leave!" to the two girls Bob is having fun with.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 08:51 AM   #21
Honsy
I killed the RLD

Location: Canada The wrong side of Insanity a.k.a. Mississauga, ON
Honsy is still being judged by the masses

Guess this kinda shows how weird my parents were about protecting me, I was 6 or 7 when I saw it and my mom made me turn my head when the 1 second flash of boob came on screen in the police locker room, no problem with the violence or swearing, but NO BOOBS!!!

Join Team Rage3D Folding and help make science happen.
Learn more
Honsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 03:31 PM   #22
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.S.T.
What's the other movie?

oh, and you should should watch Dead Alive before you begin claiming scenes are the goriest ever. compare everything to that movie.
Starship Troopers is the other one. And I meant "violent" in the sense that makes you uncomfortable, not the most amount of blood.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 03:51 PM   #23
BigPapa
Radeon Evergreen

BigPapa is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Incorrect. For bloodshed, compare everything to "Ichi the Killer".

BigPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 05:37 PM   #24
Kamiclone
Galactic Odyssey

Kamiclone is still being judged by the masses

Paul Verhoeven is himself the most underarted director. I love all his films except some of his earliest foreign films. But i even like Showgirls because of him.
Robocop 1, Starship Troopers and Total Recall for great action pack hits!
Old Sep 29, 2005, 04:56 AM   #25
I.S.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiclone
Paul Verhoeven is himself the most underarted director. I love all his films except some of his earliest foreign films. But i even like Showgirls because of him.
Robocop 1, Starship Troopers and Total Recall for great action pack hits!
...you like showgirls? dude, WTF is wrong with you? check into a mental institution now!

BigPapa, have you seen Dead Alive?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:13 PM   #26
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

Quote:
...you like showgirls? dude, WTF is wrong with you? check into a mental institution now!
You didn't like Showgirls? You might as well come out then.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:49 PM   #27
Gunslash

Gunslash is still being judged by the masses

robocop-great movie
Gunslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:11 PM   #28
Kamiclone
Galactic Odyssey

Kamiclone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
QFT
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:53 PM   #29
Spazite
Kufar and proud!!!

Spazite is still being judged by the masses

Robocop has always been my favorite movie.
The acting was top rate. Casting was perfect. And most important, was the storyline. I really got a sense of the emotional trauma Murphy was going through as a machine.
I remember seeing this movie when I was maybe 11. It stuck to me almost as if I had lived it (maybe because I wanted to be a cop and I lived in detroit) but regardless, it was and still is a work of art.
I was pissed when I bought the "Chriterion Collection" DVD of Robocop. The extras were sh|t. The n 5 years later the robocop trilogy is released with all 3 movies and guess what, the extras in the box set had everything that the chriterion dvd didnt have.
And to think I payed less for all 3 movies in the box set than I did for that damned chriterion dvd. Ghey.
Quote:
What's the other movie?

Hollow Man.
Another excellent and underrated work of Pauls.

Spazite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 03:35 AM   #30
I.S.T.

Quote:
all of the ass in that movie isn't enough to make up for, well, everything else in the movie. WTF was Verhoeven thinking whem he made that movie....