Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 26, 2021, 07:55 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
That's a KAC cabling job right there.
Still a better job than yours lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2021, 10:30 PM   #122
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

My vertical bracket arrived today. Gonna install it with a PCI-e 4.0 cable.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2021, 04:07 AM   #123
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Can you test with and without riser? Something sensitive, like 3Dmark Port Royal.

If there's no difference I might put my current rig under water, I just couldn't find conclusive results other than it's not recommended for performance.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 27, 2021, 09:12 AM   #124
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Can you test with and without riser? Something sensitive, like 3Dmark Port Royal.

If there's no difference I might put my current rig under water, I just couldn't find conclusive results other than it's not recommended for performance.
Sure. Most risers are PCI-e 3.0. I bought a 4.0 cable to pair with the riser because I can't wrap my mind around moving backwards when upgrading.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 07:12 AM   #125
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They are dragging their feet (the bracket manufacturers) on moving to PCIE 4.0 cables. I've been after coolermaster about it too, but they would not commit to a ETA for the option.

When I bought my bracket I had to return the cable as I could not get it to fit without bending the crap out of it. So for now, I'm on PCIE 3.0 and if I want to upgrade my BIOS need to remove the bracket assembly completely. Not exactly convenient.

Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570
Sapphire Nitro+ 6800 XT
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2021, 09:44 PM   #126
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

There are plenty of pcie 4.0 cables available, but even so the added latency can causes a slight hit to performance.
Old May 8, 2021, 02:17 AM   #127
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

just a FYI, if you get a 3 to 1 4pin splitter, you can hook that up to the 3 fan so that you can plug the fans to the cpu header and the pump to the pump header, that way if you need to/want to keep the water pump at a constant speed, you can.
Old May 23, 2021, 08:59 PM   #128
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

so I email support about where to buy the new installation kit with the offset for my version 1.0 of the arctic liquid freezer II 360, never got a reply from them, instead they mailed me the kit for free without even notifying me, super awesome support
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:35 PM   #129
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
so I email support about where to buy the new installation kit with the offset for my version 1.0 of the arctic liquid freezer II 360, never got a reply from them, instead they mailed me the kit for free without even notifying me, super awesome support
What new installation kit? I too got the 1.0 version of the 360.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote