Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 29, 2021, 12:38 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Intel throwing a sneaky one out there. Very interested to see how these 10nm chips OC and scale compared to the pure 14nm chips.
BUT they are BGA socket .... From what it looks to me the CPU needs to be soldered directly from the factory on a mainboard and you can't upgrade.

This is very weird for DIY market.
Old May 29, 2021, 02:56 PM   #452
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

They aren't being made for DIY market. I would expect these to be premades
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2021, 03:26 PM   #453
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
They aren't being made for DIY market. I would expect these to be premades
11900B is not for the "cheap" market.They want to milk the pre-built gaming market that is fluorishing now.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 29, 2021, 04:13 PM   #454
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah. I didn't say they are aiming for the cheap market. Regardless, someone should be able to hack the BIOS of these boards and see how these things overclock. If Intel released these chips for LGA1200, that would indicate to me that AlderLake is no longer coming in November 2021. I actually wouldn't be super opposed if they gave us a 100-110w TDP 10core chip under the Tiger Lake architecture.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 30, 2021, 01:12 AM   #455
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Worth the boners? Seems more expensive than my 5900X build. Wtf?

For comparison my ram was 650, processor about 2250 and motherboard about 980 dirhams.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2021, 09:29 AM   #456
Nunz
RIP Roxen

It's absolutely not worth it and we've told you thisany times KAC lol
Old May 30, 2021, 10:04 AM   #457
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well the shipping is free.
Old May 30, 2021, 10:30 AM   #458
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
He will order them anyway ...
Old May 30, 2021, 10:32 AM   #459
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

For god sakes its time to wait for the next generation, this side grade is worthless!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2021, 09:58 PM   #460
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
For god sakes its time to wait for the next generation, this side grade is worthless!
I still remember you making fun of my i9 upgrade KAC.

Wait.....

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2021, 01:48 AM   #461
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I feel this:

KAC will buy the 11900k rig ...
KAC will buy the 11900B prebuilt because of 5 fps more than above ...
KAC will buy ALderLake because is better than all above
KAC will buy AMD AM5 because it will be better than AlderLake...

And add the AM5/Alderlake bugs because is new socket and ddr5 ...

I feel we should prepare for many remorse threads.... Brace yourselfs
Old May 31, 2021, 01:58 AM   #462
KAC
It might be gays!

You won’t believe me when I say this but I am not even using my 5900x/3090 rig. I even finished latest games on my 10700/3070 rig including resident evil 8 which was choppy af in the altar scenes.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 09:42 PM   #463
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I honestly think z590 and 11900k is the best platform I've ever used or owned, but to swap from AM4 5900x is just insanity KAC.

On another note I tried all sorts of manual OC settings but in the end found using ASUS optimised AI does a great job itself. Running 5.4/5.1 with reasonable voltages and easy to cool, or +1 bin for 5.5/ 5.2 with voltages a little too high for my liking but still can be cooled if you wanted to.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 06:19 AM   #464
KAC
It might be gays!

You are using ASUS optimized settings. GTFO.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:13 AM   #465
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I honestly think z590 and 11900k is the best platform I've ever used or owned, but to swap from AM4 5900x is just insanity KAC.

On another note I tried all sorts of manual OC settings but in the end found using ASUS optimised AI does a great job itself. Running 5.4/5.1 with reasonable voltages and easy to cool, or +1 bin for 5.5/ 5.2 with voltages a little too high for my liking but still can be cooled if you wanted to.
Demo, I'm disappointed. Figure out the TVB OCing and using Turbo Ratio's. You're one of the last people I'd expect to OC like a peasant
Old Jun 2, 2021, 07:26 AM   #466
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Demo, I'm disappointed. Figure out the TVB OCing and using Turbo Ratio's. You're one of the last people I'd expect to OC like a peasant
Nunz just cut off your PC Gamer cred.....

yoz
Old Jun 3, 2021, 08:20 PM   #467
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Nunz just cut off your PC Gamer cred.....

I lost that years ago, all good

Quote:
I played around with ratios and voltage curves etc but TBH ASUS AI on Z590/RKL does a great job, I'm genuinely surprised. The only thing I could probably do is finely tune the voltage curves a little better. It's not the same as CML.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 08:10 AM   #468
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I played around with ratios and voltage curves etc but TBH ASUS AI on Z590/RKL does a great job, I'm genuinely surprised. The only thing I could probably do is finely tune the voltage curves a little better. It's not the same as CML.
If it's working well then.....

yoz
Old Jun 4, 2021, 08:14 AM   #469
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If it's working well then.....
No
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:05 PM   #470
demo
space cadet

Well, I OC'd manually and followed OC guides and it ended up at pretty much the same result.

Just disable all power and turbo time limits, enable AI optimise and let it benchmark your cooling solution. It then creates a custom voltage and frequency curve based on chip quality and cooling. Add +1 or +2 bins extra if you wish, and tweak voltage offsets if you like. Sorted.