Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Mar 29, 2021, 02:43 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

The funny aspect to avoid buying an absolute expensive graphics card is actually turn things to medium and at least in my case the Vega56 will kick RTX3090...
Old Mar 29, 2021, 03:08 PM   #182
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
They're being sold for 2.5 or even 3K so profit.....
I got an EVGA 3090 FTW through the EVGA que. Canadian I paid $2300, sold it for $3800.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 03:39 PM   #183
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I got an EVGA 3090 FTW through the EVGA que. Canadian I paid $2300, sold it for $3800.
Dude, you made Ferengi type profit on that!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 29, 2021, 03:51 PM   #184
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Dude, you made Ferengi type profit on that!
Those advertising photos of his rig on the pier made a world of difference in the purchase price.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2021, 04:21 PM   #185
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Those advertising photos of his rig on the pier made a world of difference in the purchase price.

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 03:29 PM   #186
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Did you sell it over the internet?

I felt like a shitty scalper when I sold a brand-new 3080rtx for $200 profit.. but that was a face-to-face Kijiji transaction.

I guess, in the end, it isn't like you are holding a gun to their head.. if someone wants to pay that much over retail, they are free to do so.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 03:32 PM   #187
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
Did you sell it over the internet?

I felt like a shitty scalper when I sold a brand-new 3080rtx for $200 profit.. but that was a face-to-face Kijiji transaction.

I guess, in the end, it isn't like you are holding a gun to their head.. if someone wants to pay that much over retail, they are free to do so.
$200? Not scalping, that's a mild service charge now....

yoz
Old Apr 1, 2021, 05:08 PM   #188
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Kijiji face to face. Had the simp e-transfer the cashes before I let it go.

I haven't re-entered the que yet for one for myself.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2021, 07:54 PM   #189
acroig
Troll SMod

Queue is standing still for most part.

yoz
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:53 AM   #190
acroig
Troll SMod

Very slowly pushing CPU, at 5.1 GHz now. Will keep playing and see how it goes. I do an hour of OCCP first and then play at the setting for a few days.

I see the Cyberpunk likes to push all cores, what other game pushes the CPU other than RTS that I don't have?

yoz
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:54 AM   #191
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Run Realbench overnight one night.

What voltage for 5.1? Make sure AVX offset is 0.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:23 AM   #192
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Auto volts, have not touched it.

yoz
Old Apr 10, 2021, 08:28 AM   #193
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

OK, no, stopped it when CPU got over 92c, my AIO can't handle that kind of stress.

It's getting hot down here too...

yoz
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:25 AM   #194
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Auto volts might have something to do with it. Leave the core but try dropping SA and VCCIO at 1.2v
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:31 AM   #195
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What's your voltages at under load? You shouldn't be pushing an OC without manually setting voltages. Typically mobos overvolt core, VCCIO, and VCCSA heavily.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 10, 2021, 09:47 AM   #196
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Auto volts might have something to do with it. Leave the core but try dropping SA and VCCIO at 1.2v
Quote:
What's your voltages at under load? You shouldn't be pushing an OC without manually setting voltages. Typically mobos overvolt core, VCCIO, and VCCSA heavily.
Will check, TY both.

Played an hour of Odyssey as that also uses CPU plenty and Anvil likes to crash at any sign of instability. All good.

EDIT: CPU volts at 1.35

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Apr 10, 2021 at 10:34 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 01:13 PM   #197
Nunz
RIP Roxen

That's high for 5.1. Set your loadline to mode4, and vcore to 1.31v, and try that. That should give you roughly 1.29v under load. Remember that vDroop is healthy; you want some droop to cover the transient spikes that occur when load increases/decreases and voltage fluctuates.

Set VCCIO and VCCSA to 1.19 and 1.20. I can run 4133 on those voltages so you should be fine with your XMP settings at those IO/SA voltages, even if you have a weaker IMC.

Of course, do the cpu voltage, test, and then do the IO/SA settings together. Don't pull a KAC and change 3 things at once and then not be able to tell what caused the crash

1.35v under load is a lot for a 240/280 rad, and is a lot for a simple 5.1.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 07:11 PM   #198
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Of course, do the cpu voltage, test, and then do the IO/SA settings together. Don't pull a KAC and change 3 things at once and then not be able to tell what caused the crash
Yer that's why I was saying drop SA/IO first in isolation as I suspect XMP has sent their auto voltages over 1.3v. Then work on vcore.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 07:11 AM   #199
acroig
Troll SMod

Thanks again.

yoz
Old Apr 11, 2021, 07:39 AM   #200
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Try 1.65 volts.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 07:56 AM   #201
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Try 1.65 volts.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:27 AM   #202
acroig
Troll SMod

Settling on all core 5.1GHz @ 1.3 v.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:46 AM   #203
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That’s tight. Maybe try slightly lower volts like 1.26-1.28 if you are going to play till 5.1. 5.2 for sure might require 1.3 volts from what little I know about the proc.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:55 AM   #204
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
That’s tight. Maybe try slightly lower volts like 1.26-1.28 if you are going to play till 5.1. 5.2 for sure might require 1.3 volts from what little I know about the proc.
Tried 5.2 at the mobo default voltage of 1/352 and no dice all core.

I'm happy at 5.1 all core. I can try lowering voltage see how that affects temps but in regular gaming have not seen go past lo 70's briefly.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:57 AM   #205
KAC
It might be gays!

Are you clocking memory as well?
Old Apr 12, 2021, 08:14 AM   #206
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Are you clocking memory as well?
No, left @ XMP. Bad mem OC can ruin my OC.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 08:28 AM   #207
KAC
It might be gays!

XMP makes sense. Maybe tighten some secondary timings. My limited experience with XMP is that they set it so loose that there is always some room in secondary timings. Primary timings not so much.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 08:49 AM   #208
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
XMP makes sense. Maybe tighten some secondary timings. My limited experience with XMP is that they set it so loose that there is always some room in secondary timings. Primary timings not so much.
I'll double check but from the settings I saw all timings were set to what is specified on the RAM.

yoz
Old Apr 12, 2021, 09:43 AM   #209
Nunz
RIP Roxen

That's why usually you do your memory OC first, with CPU stock, and then do your CPU OC once you have the memory where you want it.

Regardless, make sure you set those VCCSA and VCCIO voltages manually as auto usually overvolts heavily. Good to see you got the core down.

What loadline are you using? Mode4 is the one I prefer, but some recommend Mode3. I just don't like the high transient spikes with Mode3.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 09:56 AM   #210
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
What loadline are you using? Mode4 is the one I prefer, but some recommend Mode3. I just don't like the high transient spikes with Mode3.
Nunzy I don't even know where to go look for that in the BIOS. The voltage goes from 1.302 at default and 1.31 at load as far as I can see.

yoz