Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:22 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Metal Gear Rising Revengance

Quote:
Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced Kojima Productions is working on a new Metal Gear Solid title, which will mark the series’ first simultaneous multi-format release. Entitled Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the game will be available for Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC-DVD.
http://gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=13963
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Dr Gonzo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Raiden – one of the most popular characters within the MGS universe

While i'm looking forward to this, didn't everyone HATE Raiden?
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This has been discussed at great length in other threads..
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:52 PM   #4
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post

I didn't mind. MGS 2 still felt like MGS even while playing as raiden. Plus a MGS game for PC=.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:59 AM   #5
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I want...

I really want to purchase a PS3 just to play MGS4. Need more time and money!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

You think they would just stop making the ****ing Metal Gears already given their propensity to be taken over by terrorists.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:00 PM   #7
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

I liked him a lot during MGS4, but I never played the previous games in the series.

I do feel like PC gaming got a lot of good games out of E3 and this is one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 08:46 PM   #8
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Well, I must admit, I've never played MGS4 so I don't know what he's like as a cyborg.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 09:20 PM   #9
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Well, I must admit, I've never played MGS4 so I don't know what he's like as a cyborg.
this should give you a good idea:

and this is one of my favorite scenes from MGS4.
Quote:
Old Jun 8, 2009, 02:26 AM   #10
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Well, he's much more bad-arse than his emo-ey whinging MGS2 persona.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

I remember one of the coolist things about the VR mission game on the PSX was you could play as the Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox in one or two of the VR missions. I personally don't like Raiden's character much but hopefully it will work out and should be fun playing him if hes in the cyborg suit.

My fav MG game was Snake Eater but MGS on the PSX comes a close second.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URcvdDtnM_0
King of LimboooO!
Dem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:21 PM   #12
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am leaning towards the PC version little bit since I think the cutting will be more precise with the mouse and keyboard.
Quote:
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:04 PM   #13
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

I was thinking of metrosexual...Well, I mean Raiden's metrosexual..

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:18 PM   #14
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Still holding out hope that MGS3 & 4 will make it to the PC some day... some how...

MGS3 is still buggy as all hell via emulation, and I don't know what's going on with 4 (I don't think you can emulate PS3 games yet).

I just want to play the whole series without needing a stinky console to do it. I've got MGS1 & 2 sitting on my shelf, but I'm such a contiguous bastard that I need everything to play all in one go - I feel nasty when I only get a BIT of the story and have to wait and wait and wait for the rest.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:16 AM   #15
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post

I am leaning towards the PC version little bit since I think the cutting will be more precise with the mouse and keyboard.
That's absolutely awesome.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:29 AM   #16
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Wow. I can't wait to cut everything.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:39 AM   #17
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Kojima pretty much makes the best trailers ever.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:40 AM   #18
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
Still holding out hope that MGS3 & 4 will make it to the PC some day... some how...

MGS3 is still buggy as all hell via emulation, and I don't know what's going on with 4 (I don't think you can emulate PS3 games yet).

I just want to play the whole series without needing a stinky console to do it. I've got MGS1 & 2 sitting on my shelf, but I'm such a contiguous bastard that I need everything to play all in one go - I feel nasty when I only get a BIT of the story and have to wait and wait and wait for the rest.
you can play MGS 2 on the pc? Sons of liberty ?
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:32 AM   #19
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I want...

I really want to purchase a PS3 just to play MGS4. Need more time and money!
Ironic that I have a PS3 and the game but still have not played it yet...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:33 AM   #20
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
A pc version was released. Yes.

Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 02:26 PM   #21
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Wow. I can't wait to cut everything.
It slices. It dices. It makes julienne fries.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:13 PM   #22
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

If it goes through everything. Why does it not cut the table when Raiden is slicing the melons???
Quote:
Old Jun 15, 2010, 05:54 PM   #23
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

I thought the same thing but I didn't give a lollollollol. PROCEDURAL CUTTING! I have wanted this since I was in middle school!!!
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:00 PM   #24
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yep, but it's MGS2 : Substance, not Sons of Liberty;

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/...nce/index.html

It's basically just Sons of Liberty with some upgraded content;

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Meta...d_2:_Substance
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:12 PM   #25
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
If it goes through everything. Why does it not cut the table when Raiden is slicing the melons???
Could be you select how much power to use to cut or dragging.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 07:13 AM   #26
Ninja6.
Banned

Ninja6. is still being judged by the masses

It looked like the cut direction reticule was locked onto the melon - so perhaps it only cuts through targeted items in taht mode, whereas in 'free cut' it slices through everything.
Ninja6. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:41 PM   #27
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Need....

More...

Tissues.....
Old Jun 16, 2010, 01:49 PM   #28
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Its always worrying when a trailer focuses one feature alone.

I suppose it´ll have to be doled out in portions cause it wont be much of a challenge if you can just pause the game at will do autokill everything.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:06 PM   #29
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

No no no, this is a gimmick game. This is THE selling point of the game.

I would not pay a full $50 for this game.

But I love the lollollollolin' gimmick!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:42 PM   #30
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
This was just explained in the konami conference, you control the force of the swings, so you can completely cut through someone or just injure them.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote