Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 11, 2004, 08:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Twinke Masta
King of Blues

Twinke Masta is still being judged by the masses

Default My intel vs AMD thread deleted due to massive flaming and ignorant posts

It was a simple question i got my answer, so i deleted thread, please try to keep your fanboyism to yourself, that thread went COMPLETELY out of control , not cool, I personally don't want to be blamed for flam source....and don't even think about posting your intel > amd or amd > intel stuff in here, I am out raged ..that was very childish behavior...
Old Apr 11, 2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Good for you bud! I don't blame you. People seem to get crazy over the dumbest stuff.
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 09:13 PM   #3
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yea Im sick of all these stupid fanboys here with their amd vs intel.....

we all know AMD is better
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2004, 09:23 PM   #4
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

everybody has their preferances, but they don't need to harras others about theirs. it's like racism, but with cpus. woah, that was a geeky analogy.
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 09:41 PM   #5
Majin-Vegeta
Banned

Majin-Vegeta is still being judged by the masses

ahaha so true..

Theres some things good about Pentium and some about AMD..else one of them would have shutdown by now. Right? YES...no computer technology remains for long if its a failure..so obviously this proves that they arent..same with nvidia or ati, both are amazing..and if this competition keeps up we get better and better video cards faster and faster..our technology increases faster which i guess is awesome!

Remember that ppl who fight for AMD are ppl who all that have to say is that its Cheaper and you get about the same performance, for Pentium its about them having sophistication and more power overall for applications n stuff..I use to buy Pentiums but since their so expensive compared to AMD i buy amd now..that dont mean i hate Pentium..its just i dont like thier price thats all..i cant afford it.

This is a conflict that isnt resolvable..because its opinion based..basically ATI and Nvidia or AMD and Pentium are almost equal in performance..now its ppl's choice on which they want to choose..you cant fight over which is better..
Majin-Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:03 PM   #6
cmar
Radeon Sea Islands

cmar is still being judged by the masses

Yeah so true. I get pestered by reps at work who are always trying to sell me new stuff etc, some of the stuff really is good and sometimes I buy it. But I never buy from reps who try to sell me stuff by telling me their competitors gear is crap, if it truly was, then they wouldn't be a competitor, in fact they probably wouldn't be still in business.

This CPU wars thing has gone past a joke - which is where it should have stayed.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:29 PM   #7
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was away watching the Canucks game, so I missed the flame war. Did I missed anything interesting???

Oh well, nothing can be more interesting than Canucks winning 2-1 !!!11!!!111!!!!

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:32 PM   #8
AsDDff
Resident EviL

AsDDff is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by CHIPS
I was away watching the Canucks game, so I missed the flame war. Did I missed anything interesting???

Oh well, nothing can be more interesting than Canucks winning 2-1 !!!11!!!111!!!!
Remember that thread on should i keep my 9500Pro or get a 5800NU... Yeah it was like that... People throwing benchies at eacherother then others discrediting them....
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:36 PM   #9
Majin-Vegeta
Banned

Majin-Vegeta is still being judged by the masses

i know >_< pisses me off how ppl say nvidia suck, jee..it wasnt like that when Geforce 4 came out..fags just went out running for the Ti4200..all companies have a downfall sometimes u know, they make mistakes..were humans :P give them a chance.

anyways..its calm now and hopefully it'll stay that way :P im in Surrey too so yea..go canucks

*off topic* btw..if ur interested in helpin me..im makin a Anime Site,called Otaku Center, if anyone wants ta help out..email me @ [email protected] - need help with running the site (staff) so updating, reviews on anime, maybe games, cgi and php scripting .

ill email u how the layout looks n stuff if interested

bye!
Majin-Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 03:10 AM   #10
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally posted by AsDDff
Remember that thread on should i keep my 9500Pro or get a 5800NU... Yeah it was like that... People throwing benchies at eacherother then others discrediting them....
Yeah, that got messy.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa

Last edited by CHIPS : Apr 12, 2004 at 03:12 AM.
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 09:32 AM   #11
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

AMD Rules
Intel Rules
Competition Rules
Keeps prices down
nuff said
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:01 AM   #12
dom_k
Radeon R600

dom_k is still being judged by the masses

Wink

Bah noboby can beat the awesome CYRIX!
dom_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:13 AM   #13
undernine
Da Blackhawks!

undernine is still being judged by the masses

im with whatever company does the best job. I have a Intel now, after having three years worth the AMD CPU's. I love AMD and Intel, they both make excellent products and my next system will most likely be AMD Athlon 64 based. I think two solid competitors is really good for the industry as a whole, and people need to realize that.
The end of all progress. The death of evolution. It bleeds all life away. Silence speeds the path to the streams of solace that run so few and narrow. Brooks that babble the sounds of torture. You will one day rise. To flood the banks of the chosen. This is the art of ruin. This is the resolution. The end of all progress. The death of evolution. It bleeds all life away. I will teach you all that I have mastered. Fear. Pain. Hatred. Power. This is the art of ruin.
undernine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:42 AM   #14
marqmajere
GeeVooForceDoo

marqmajere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by dom_k
Bah noboby can beat the awesome CYRIX!
You are kool.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:55 AM   #15
Liuke
Fuzzy Bunnies go BOIIING!

Liuke is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by undernine
I think two solid competitors is really good for the industry as a whole, and people need to realize that.
Agreed. The CPU market is definitely a better place for consumers w/ two competitors instead of just one! I think sometimes people take that for granted when they start throwing flames into the AMD vs. Intel war. It doesn't matter who is better. Ultimately, we want both to continue flourishing. If one were to go under, we'd be stuck w/ only one choice and a monopoly on the market. That's something we certainly don't need right now. And the fact that both are still doing well simply proves that both companies make solid products.
A64 X2 3800+ | Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe | 2 x 512 MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200 | 2 x BFG 6800 GT OC | BFG 550W PSU | WD Raptor 74GB | WD 160GB SE | Lite-On 52x32x52 CD-RW + 16X DVD-ROM | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers | Logitech G15 | G5 | MX1000 | Ideazon Zboard | 3DMark03 = 20963 | 3DMark05 = 9645

P4 2.8C | Asus P4P800 Deluxe | 2x256MB Kingston HyperX PC3500 and 2x512MB Corsair Value DDR400 | ATI X800 XL | Antec TrueBlue 480W | WD 40GB | Saitek Eclipse KB | Razer Diamondback Plasma LE

Athlon XP-M 2500+ | Abit NF7-S | 2 x 256MB Corsair Value PC3200 and 1 x 512MB Simpletech Nitro PC3500 | AIW 9600 Pro | Enermax Noisetaker 470W PSU | WD 100GB SE | WD 80GB | WD 40GB | Lite-On 40x12x48 CD-RW | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 1 | Logitech Cordless MX Duo + MX518
Liuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 11:57 AM   #16
dom_k
Radeon R600

dom_k is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by marqmajere
You are kool.
Thanks
dom_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 01:28 PM   #17
ReDeeMeR_RR
Crysis ftw

ReDeeMeR_RR is still being judged by the masses

Competition is good, that's why I will blame all the intel *****s if AMD goes down
Old Apr 12, 2004, 02:14 PM   #18
OnceBitten
Banned

OnceBitten is still being judged by the masses

Isn't calling someone ignorant a flame? Wow. JK

Yeah, I have both Intel and AMD. I prefer AMD for budget systems and only using Intel because I do digital video editing.
OnceBitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:10 PM   #19
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

If I remember right:

When Intel was pratically the only processor to get because the other processors had compatibility and performance issues in systems, Intel was really expensive to buy, getting the newest Intel chip was way out of range for most people to buy. But then AMD started to change and they made processors that did not have compadibility issues and the performance rocked. When AMD became a major player, Intels prices went down. If you look at the the P4 3.4 GHz it is about $400, if AMD was not a major player it probably would be closer to $800.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:22 PM   #20
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Re: My intel vs AMD thread deleted due to massive flaming and ignorant posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinke Masta
It was a simple question i got my answer, so i deleted thread, please try to keep your fanboyism to yourself, that thread went COMPLETELY out of control , not cool, I personally don't want to be blamed for flam source....and don't even think about posting your intel > amd or amd > intel stuff in here, I am out raged ..that was very childish behavior...
biggest run on sentence ever

not one period!
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2004, 06:53 PM   #21
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Well no one ever said the guy was a poet.
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote