Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 14, 2020, 05:00 PM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
They are both fugly. In pics anyways
Works of art! They are behind the TV but that PS5 router stands way above it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2020, 05:02 PM   #662
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
Does it feel better in the hand than the PS4 one? The flatness of the PS4 at the top edge always made me hold it funny to hit both triggers, with it curved more, is it more comfortable? That was the one draw back of the PS4 to me, the controller just felt small in my hands and put me in some sort of end-range motion that put stress on my wrists making it so that I couldn't really do a marathon session with it. 1 to 2 hours and I was already feeling it. Or, maybe I just hold it wrong.... am I supposed to use my finger tips on L1/L2 and scrunch up the knuckles, or keep my fingers straight and use more of the "meat"?

Also seeing them side to side, I doubt it would fit comfortably in my entertainment center....
The new controllers are about the same size as the Xbox controllers. Dont really have to much problem with the old design. The new ones feel like Xbox to me for the most part.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 05:47 PM   #663
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Multi-GPU Graphics Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
UPS dropped mine off about 1PM
Got here at 6 just as we were running out the door. Will only be able to set it up tomorrow but its ok, will have enough time to spend on it
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 14, 2020, 06:33 PM   #664
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Got here at 6 just as we were running out the door. Will only be able to set it up tomorrow but its ok, will have enough time to spend on it
Old Nov 15, 2020, 01:10 PM   #665
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Holy ****. Assassin's Creed runs and looks amazing on the PS5 and the console is dead quiet
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:28 AM   #666
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gay called. Tomorrow I pick up the PS5.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:19 AM   #667
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Some interesting discussion on the performance. Sounds like neither system ever hits 4k, most of the time sitting at 1440P if there is any action. Highest either system gets is 1760P or so, according to them. PS5 seems to run a lot better, where the framerate is slightly less on XBox X and it suffers from a lot of frame tearing. Otherwise, they look nearly identical in visuals and pop-in. Both try to maintain 60fps, and use dynamic resolution, and also are often sitting at 50-55fps and 1440P-1760P.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:25 AM   #668
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

So like all PC people thought. If you want the best experience get a great gaming PC

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 02:20 PM   #669
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Looking at the console's tech specs and performance from the perspective of a PC enthusiast you're always going to be disappointed. But its always been that way.

There's a reason why they're a lot cheaper.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 03:11 PM   #670
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What Meteor said.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 04:21 PM   #671
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Gay called. Tomorrow I pick up the PS5.
Buy a new table if your going to lay that big bitch down!
Old Nov 18, 2020, 04:40 PM   #672
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Some interesting discussion on the performance. Sounds like neither system ever hits 4k, most of the time sitting at 1440P if there is any action. Highest either system gets is 1760P or so, according to them. PS5 seems to run a lot better, where the framerate is slightly less on XBox X and it suffers from a lot of frame tearing. Otherwise, they look nearly identical in visuals and pop-in. Both try to maintain 60fps, and use dynamic resolution, and also are often sitting at 50-55fps and 1440P-1760P.
Not surprising at all considering that I've been reading that the PS5 dev kits were ready a lot longer than the Xbox ones due to Microsoft waiting for RDNA 2 full features. What you're getting is the PS5 version of the game quickly slapped together for the Series X. Also, almost every other video I've seen of the game has the Series X version running at 59-60fps the vast majority of the time. Unfortunately Digital Foundry likes to spend time looking for every example of poor performance but they shouldn't make it look like it's representative of the overall experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
So like all PC people thought. If you want the best experience get a great gaming PC
Congratulations...you spend a ton more money for some slightly nicer graphics and some smoother frame rates. In Canada an RTX 3070 costs between $700-800 and the Series X costs $599. A Radeon 6800 is faster than a 3070 and the Series X GPU is only slightly slower than a 6800...then you still have to build an entire system around that GPU...durrr. Very expensive and inefficient
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 05:26 PM   #673
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
Congratulations...you spend a ton more money for some slightly nicer graphics and some smoother frame rates. In Canada an RTX 3070 costs between $700-800 and the Series X costs $599. A Radeon 6800 is faster than a 3070 and the Series X GPU is only slightly slower than a 6800...then you still have to build an entire system around that GPU...durrr. Very expensive and inefficient
No kittens. Every time someone says they can run better graphics on a dedicated GPU that costs more than the entire console, it's like

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 07:02 PM   #674
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Any word when PS5 is getting VRR support? I was hoping it would be available at launch.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 08:22 PM   #675
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

UPS is the fking biggest POS delivery service I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Twice they’ve said they’ve tried to deliver to my house. I’m home all day, so I immediately call BS. Tried their customer service, because it says signature required - for some god forsaken reason they said it can’t be held at an access point (aka UPS store). So my only options are to have it held at will call at the depot (over an hour drive away) or pray they actually try to deliver tomorrow.

FK YOU UPS. How can I leave a complaint? I’m seriously fuming here.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 08:24 PM   #676
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

They have it requiring signature? I thought they couldn't do that any more because of covid.

I get raging mad any time someone sends something to me requiring signature, for this exact reason. People WORK, so why the hell would you do that? People are more likely to be home now of course, but this was a big problem for me in the past. I'd have to drive 45min ONE WAY to the UPS or FEDEX location to get it...and I could only do it on weekends. Terrible.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2020, 08:31 PM   #677
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
They have it requiring signature? I thought they couldn't do that any more because of covid.

I get raging mad any time someone sends something to me requiring signature, for this exact reason. People WORK, so why the hell would you do that? People are more likely to be home now of course, but this was a big problem for me in the past. I'd have to drive 45min ONE WAY to the UPS or FEDEX location to get it...and I could only do it on weekends. Terrible.
Yeah, you would think because of COVID they wouldn’t but the stupidity of UPS apparently knows no bounds. I’m home all GD day, so this attempted delivery thing is horsesh*t. They’re trying one final time and then god knows what. So it looks like the only way I’m getting this thing is trying their customer service line... again... and spending two hours of my night tomorrow driving to the GD depot to pick the thing up.

FK YOU UPS. FK YOU FK YOU FK YOU

If it weren’t illegal I’d pull a jay and silent Bob and fly out to the headquarters - find whoever came up with the policy for shipping packaging like this - and beat the ever loving sh*t out of them. Fking morons. It’s a GD game console, not the fking hope diamond. Jesus.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Nov 18, 2020, 09:31 PM   #678
Jankan
Banged

I think you can change the signature required option on myups
Old Nov 18, 2020, 09:39 PM   #679
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
Nope. Tried, went online - signed up - not there. Called UPS and they said that was not an option for this shipment. ANTonline really screwed with this shipping.

Alpha

Omega

Old Nov 18, 2020, 09:56 PM   #680
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

UPS is terrible in USA. I learnt my lesson. Next time I am choosing expedited on US shipments.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 09:58 PM   #681
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
They allowed me to change it and they left it at my door.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 10:08 PM   #682
Cyko
Your New Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
They allowed me to change it and they left it at my door.
Did you get yours from ANTonline? The options are apparently set by the shipper. I can screenshot if you don’t believe me.

Alpha

Omega

Old Nov 19, 2020, 03:01 AM   #683
KAC
It might be gays!

Taking so long to just load up Spider Man.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:04 AM   #684
KAC
It might be gays!

Fidelity mode in SM looks great but runs like dog shite.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 05:05 AM   #685
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Fidelity mode in SM looks great but runs like dog shite.
You should upgrade one of your components in the PS5. Oh wait, you can’t!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 07:00 AM   #686
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Had 5 minutes to get an order in. I failed. Will join y'all in 3 months
Old Nov 19, 2020, 07:35 AM   #687
Jankan
Banged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Did you get yours from ANTonline? The options are apparently set by the shipper. I can screenshot if you don’t believe me.
We both ordered from antonline but I did not set mine to no signature required. Strange you are getting that issue
Old Nov 19, 2020, 08:20 AM   #688
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mine still is in customs since Monday
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:36 AM   #689
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Yea that's why I thought it was odd.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:40 AM   #690
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Mine still is in customs since Monday
My order for my Series X sat in a FedEx (the worst courier in MY experience) warehouse for 3 days, showed as delivered across the border to Canada and then a day later showed as being back in TN
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote