Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 09:12 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Wow! Already? What a machine!

How many hours? You do side missions?
I will need to check tonight to see how much I played. I did a good number of side missions, but I know there are some left to do.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2020, 08:01 AM   #182
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

The bread and butter to keep this game alive after single player is online play. Unfortunately, this looks to have taken a step back. The only PVP component to be released in December is that silly spiderbot arena. No hacking invasion until later, and no word of any other pvp modes like bounty hunter. These two modes kept Watch Dogs 2 alive for years even to now.

There will be co-op though for those who like "friendly" (aka gay) play.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2020, 09:13 AM   #183
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Does quitting the game take forever for you guys?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 10, 2020, 09:17 AM   #184
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Does quitting the game take forever for you guys?

Not quitting but going back to main menu from in game. Seems to take like 30 seconds. Must be an issue with cloud syncing.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:04 AM   #185
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yes it does. I had to kill the process.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2020, 07:15 PM   #186
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
The bread and butter to keep this game alive after single player is online play. Unfortunately, this looks to have taken a step back. The only PVP component to be released in December is that silly spiderbot arena. No hacking invasion until later, and no word of any other pvp modes like bounty hunter. These two modes kept Watch Dogs 2 alive for years even to now.

There will be co-op though for those who like "friendly" (aka gay) play.
There is spiderbot pvp? is it spider tank from first game, or small tiny robots or something?
Old Nov 10, 2020, 07:33 PM   #187
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
There is spiderbot pvp? is it spider tank from first game, or small tiny robots or something?

I have no idea, but there needs to be PLAYER vs PLAYER, not "spider vs spider"

They seemed to have taken the best things they've put into Watch Dogs 2 and removed them completely, which is strange because the best things in Watch Dogs 2 were lessons learned from the negative feedback of Watch Dogs 1.

I wonder if a different team worked on this game than the team that did WD2. Watch Dogs 2 has a slew of PvP modes which is why there's a large WD2 online community. Legion looks like it's going to fizzle out if they don't implement good PvP, not just this spider arena nonsense. Also, Hacking Invasion is a staple of this series and should have been launched day 1. Shows that this game was likely rushed to meet deadline and not actually ready, which makes sense considering it still has a large list of performance and bug issues.

Last edited by Exposed : Nov 10, 2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 10:03 PM   #188
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I actually go the other way, i actually think the series is getting worse as it goes. I understand and agree in majority with the complaints of the first game, but its also the one i enjoyed most.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:48 AM   #189
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's a pretty bleh game, at least ass Creed is decent.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 12:43 PM   #190
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am quite enjoying it. Story is good.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 01:15 PM   #191
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I am quite enjoying it. Story is good.
I think the London setting is a big draw for you.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 01:11 AM   #192
MNB4800
Radeon Volcanic Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I think the London setting is a big draw for you.

That comment is so layered
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 01:27 AM   #193
KAC
It might be gays!

Old Nov 12, 2020, 07:15 AM   #194
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
That comment is so layered
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 01:49 PM   #195
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

This is my benchmarks with my aging i7-6700 and a 2080.

Native 4k Ultra with Ultra Ray Traced Reflections

Max FPS 35

Avg FPS 18 (LOL)

Min FPS 10 (LOL)

1% low FPS 14

0.1% low FPS 12

DLSS-Quality 4k Ultra with Ultra Ray Traced Reflections

Max FPS 42

Avg FPS 29

Min FPS 19

1% low FPS 24

0.1% low FPS 20

DLSS-Balanced 4k Ultra with Ultra Ray Traced Reflections

Max FPS 44

Avg FPS 33

Min FPS 23

1% low FPS 28

0.1% low FPS 24

DLSS-Ultra Performance 4k Ultra with Ultra Ray Traced Reflections

Max FPS 72

Avg FPS 48

Min FPS 30

1% low FPS 36

0.1% low FPS 34

1080p Ultra with Ultra Ray Traced Reflections

Max FPS 97

Avg FPS 65

Min FPS 30

1% low FPS 35

0.1% low FPS 39

Last edited by Clockwork : Nov 12, 2020 at 01:59 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2020, 05:54 PM   #196
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Patch 1.06

I think this may just be a console patch. but meh..... anyway.

Quote:
Xbox One

Resource optimization improvements for User Interface, Textures and AI that decrease crashes occurring during gameplay.
Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when exiting to main menu.
General stability improvements for the in-game areas “Carousel Plaza”, “Slaughterhouse” and “Tower of London”.

Global

Fixed an issue that caused “Doomed” Operatives to immediately meet their doom after recruitment. What do we say to the god of death?
Fixed an issue that caused highly reflective clothes to appear as black in the Team App.

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 12, 2020 at 06:02 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2020, 08:25 AM   #197
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BN_wjO2M9Q

Looks like a 2xxx series gpu is more nextgen than the xb/ps5 when it comes to RT(in WD3).

I still think they should make these more optimized RT setting available ingame for those who want a little bit shiny but more performance.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2020, 09:24 AM   #198
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Not surprising, consoles had to make significant reduction in general graphics quality and ray tracing quality to make the game playable, and that's with dynamic scaling down to 1080p if needed depending on scene. According to DF it's using very low ray tracing settings (far lower than PC Medium), reduced objected reflectivity, reduced resolution, reduced blah blah blah.

The visual differences between XSX and PC is significant, but at the same time it's not a bad showing for a $500 console.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 03:52 PM   #199
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I gotta admit, WatchDogs got really damn clever to pull off it's RayTracing and it's impressive.

Check-board rendering the RT reflections in particular made me smile. That is a very clever idea. If future games can get the filtering right, that's a sweet performance trick. It's going to be really cool to see how developers manage to refine the RT performance outta this generation of consoles.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2020, 06:58 PM   #200
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I gotta admit, WatchDogs got really damn clever to pull off it's RayTracing and it's impressive.

Check-board rendering the RT reflections in particular made me smile. That is a very clever idea. If future games can get the filtering right, that's a sweet performance trick. It's going to be really cool to see how developers manage to refine the RT performance outta this generation of consoles.
I'm looking forward to DLSS that has dynamic resolution and changes depending on how much action is going on to keep a stable framerate, and can also do that for RT reflections
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:00 AM   #201
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Worth sticking with normal textures or downloading the hi-res ones ? Performance impact ?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 09:31 AM   #202
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

High res textures have minimal performance impact and only take up a little more video memory. Not an issue for 8GB and higher cards. Most of the big differences you'll see will be for posters, advertisements, newspapers, magazines, etc... they'll be alot more readable.

Wall and road textures not much difference, slightly higher detail that original. But I'd still say it's definitely worth it overall.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:34 AM   #203
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thanks. Running on an NVME and seeing some odd slowdowns that happen at random points then go away, running @4k. Will pull them down and try, I guess I can always uninstall them right ?
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:47 AM   #204
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Thanks. Running on an NVME and seeing some odd slowdowns that happen at random points then go away, running @4k. Will pull them down and try, I guess I can always uninstall them right ?

Yes, when you install them you get a new texture setting called "Ultra". Set that back to High (or very high, not sure) to go back to original textures.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 01:29 AM   #205
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

1fps over the Thames, working as designed then lol, reducing to high/medium as that can’t be right ! Sure I don’t have a really powerful system but... defo the water that causes this drop as soon as in frame then 1fps max!!
Old Nov 20, 2020, 05:50 AM   #206
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:21 AM   #207
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it more than 2 but not as much as the first. Felt like I barely did any of the side stuff and realized early that if you just flag people as recruits, you would come across things during gameplay that would trigger them to join w/o doing any missions for them. That led to me ignoring the recruitment missions completely and I still hit 35 hours.
jimjobob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2020, 10:29 AM   #208
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Finished it yesterday. I enjoyed it more than 2 but not as much as the first. Felt like I barely did any of the side stuff and realized early that if you just flag people as recruits, you would come across things during gameplay that would trigger them to join w/o doing any missions for them. That led to me ignoring the recruitment missions completely and I still hit 35 hours.

I noticed that too, the recruitment missions got really repetitive, especially the ones that had you go to two different places. One day I ran into a relative of one of my potential recruits held by Albion, freed them which took like two seconds, and suddenly the recruit joined dedsec No more missions after that, I just wait for an appropriate world event.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 02:06 PM   #209
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Anyone know what the water issue is tanking FPS ? Dropped everything to low when it happens and apart from textures which are medium that needs a restart then looking at the Thames or canals drops FPS to 1-3 !! Not tried dx11 yet.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 09:36 PM   #210
KAC
It might be gays!

Gay we running 3080s. We no have tanking FPS.