Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 14, 2021, 11:38 AM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
https://valid.x86.fr/6uje2j

I did hit over 700 and 10000 but I don’t remember the memory timings I used to get to that. Also I forgot the CO settings also when I reverted back to normal PBO with -10 CO.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2021, 03:43 PM   #392
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got my 11900K at 5.0GHz all core stable (including AVX tests). Also got my memory at 4600 stable.
Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2021, 03:50 PM   #393
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Nice one Adam. I need some education on memory OC. Surely this kit has more in it.

What's your AIDA latency at 4600? I read 4266-4400 is about the point where G2 mode starts to reach G1 3733 like latency.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 15, 2021, 02:25 AM   #394
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Latency results show between 49ns and 51ns. Read and write bandwidth both between 68000 and 69000.
Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:14 AM   #395
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's some high latency. What timings are you running?

Bandwidth also seems on the low side for something as high as 4600, but AIDA isn't very reliable to compare systems against each other; it's good for comparing different settings on one PC.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:28 AM   #396
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Push this to 5.5 Gs.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 01:41 PM   #397
AdamK47
Radeon R700

There is too much emphasis and confusion around that AIDA64 latency number. It's not what many people think. Unlike most things gaming related, a lower number there does not directly translate into overall better gaming performance. Just ask any AMD user.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 06:18 PM   #398
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

What IO/SA voltages are you using for 4600?

As for latency, I just wanted to know if I'm in the ballpark with XMP / auto timings, which I guess I am. 4266 with 48ns, 4400 with 51ns. 3600 was around 43ns.

Last edited by demo : Apr 15, 2021 at 06:23 PM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2021, 07:21 PM   #399
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ah, XMP/auto timings. Demo weren't you OCing mem? You can do better than XMP, come on bud!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 15, 2021, 09:08 PM   #400
demo
space cadet

I was just trying to push frequency and worry about timings later. Just wanted to know if auto was in the ballpark.

Either this BIOS is a bit undercooked or RKL is a different animal concerning memory OC and I don't understand what's going on, or a bit of both.

100:133 ratio not working properly for me for some reason. 4266 CL15 1T and 4400 CL17 1T stable in BIOS memtest but then weird glitchy shiit in games, like delayed actions or button presses not registering. I don't know. I've put mem OC on hold for the moment and just gone back to 3600 CL13 so I can play games.

Played around with the core and got 5.4 2core / 5.3 all core stable. Even 5.5 is fine for 2 cores but voltage was higher than I'd be comfortable with, temps were fine though in the mid 70's after 10 mins AIDA64 stability test and prime - non AVX ofc.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 09:18 PM   #401
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

5.5 Gs is tight.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:20 PM   #402
demo
space cadet

Not realistic for 24/7
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:10 PM   #403
KAC
It might be gays!

That’s weak.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:01 AM   #404
demo
space cadet

I'm pretty happy with it, the performance is there TBH. It's better than expected and the platform improvements are great.

It depends on the game but overall, according to a 21 game test suite at PCGH, going from 8700k to 10700k to 11900k are each around 18% jumps, which were my previous two CPU's.

Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:25 AM   #405
KAC
It might be gays!

Hey I am messing with you. It's a tight purchase. Show us the rig though?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 12:35 AM   #406
demo
space cadet

Managed to crack 750 ST in CPU-Z. Currently at 5.4 Two core / 5.2 all core

https://valid.x86.fr/em5i7f

I'll post pics later, not much to look at, looks exactly like my old rig..
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:13 AM   #407
demo
space cadet

So I was checking out some single threaded benchmarks, forgot I enabled +2 bins, and noticed this thing is boosting to 5.6 ST no sweat

I wouldn't declare it stable but hammered it with multiple runs of cinebench, AIDA64 stress tests and benchmarks, and 10 mins of prime and no issues.

I think this is the first time I have ever won silicon lottery. Check SP score and VF curves:

Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:19 AM   #408
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

1.50 volts of anxiety!

Nice one.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:22 AM   #409
demo
space cadet

Apparently 1.5v on RKL is like 1.4v on CML, the new arch and larger die can handle it.

*touch wood*
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:46 AM   #410
KAC
It might be gays!

Keep pushing.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 01:57 AM   #411
demo
space cadet

Tried to go up 1 multi to 5.7 ST and no dice, crashes on windows log in screen.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 02:41 AM   #412
demo
space cadet

Bit excessive, back to 54/53 ~1.43v
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:22 AM   #413
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Bit excessive, back to 54/53 ~1.43v
Wtf is this shite...
Old Apr 16, 2021, 03:57 AM   #414
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Show us the rig though?
https://www.rage3d.com/board/showpos...postcount=7479
Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:41 AM   #415
AdamK47
Radeon R700

Still tweaking memory settings for stability and speed.

Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:52 AM   #416
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Very impressive demo, congrats.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 08:42 AM   #417
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
Still tweaking memory settings for stability and speed.

Very nice
Old Apr 16, 2021, 09:43 AM   #418
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Eh that chart is kinda stupid. They put the 10900K on 2933 mem with the 11900K on 3200. Kind of hard to compare chip to chip without memory being the same settings.

70k.. very nice Adam. Have you tweaked secondary+tertiary timings yet? Also, what vDIMM voltage for 4600CL18?

RKL is showcasing the future skyrocket in frequency with DDR5. I'm glad Intel seems to already be prepared for it. Meanwhile, AMD can't seem to consistently put chips out that can handle 3800Mhz fclk. l o l

I'm
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:18 AM   #419
demo
space cadet

Made a bit of progress, still testing

Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:36 AM   #420
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'm curious what setting Adam is using that has his L1 cache read and copy speeds almost double yours. I thought maybe it was related to the cache speed, but you're running 100Mhz above his.