Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Apr 13, 2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
canadianrabbit

canadianrabbit is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI Custom Color/Gamma setting: HOW?

nVidia drivers are nice. There's a nice little utility included with the detonator drivers that allows you to set custom color and gamma settings. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can change the settings for whatever game you want.

ATI has no such utility, and this is a must for me. Games like Anarchy Online are so dark, it's useless even attempting to play. If I adjust the gamma and color so I can play AO, I am blinded when I come back to the desktop. ATI has a button called GAME GAMMA, but this does dick-all.

I've tried Powerstrip, and while it does have a utility that works similar to nVidias, it has one fatal flaw: When it THINKS the program has ended, it will automatically change to the default gamma/color settings. This doesn't work with games like Anarchy Online, because the Launcher Utility closes before the game starts, and Powerstrip figures this is the program ending, and resets the colors. If I Alt+Tab out of AO to reset the colors, all my textures are screwed up in AO when I come back (This is an AO bug, not an ATI bug).

I've just downloaded Rage3D Tweak looking for a similar utility, and this doesn't seem to be the answer.

Can anyone assist me, by either telling me how to stop PowerStrip from changing settings when a program ends, or directing me to an appropriate utility??

Thanks in advance.
canadianrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2002, 03:03 PM   #2
Mize
That's my stapler

Mize is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: ATI Custom Color/Gamma setting: HOW?

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianrabbit
nVidia drivers are nice. There's a nice little utility included with the detonator drivers that allows you to set custom color and gamma settings. With a few clicks of the mouse, you can change the settings for whatever game you want.

ATI has no such utility...
Huh? There's a Color tab in the drivers for this...Ah...you want it "per game" - nope haven't seen that, sorry.

Mize
Rage3D > Voodoo 2 / TNT > Voodoo 3 3000 > Voodoo 5 5500 > GeForce 3 Ti200 > Radeon 8500 > Radeon 9700 Pro > Radeon X1800 XT > GeForce 8800 GTS > Radeon HD 5870 > Geforce GTX 580 > 6970 CFX > 3GB GTX 580 SLI
Mize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2002, 03:07 PM   #3
canadianrabbit

canadianrabbit is still being judged by the masses

Yeah. With my old nVidia card, I could click the nVidia icon in my systray, go to Custom Color Settings, and then select whatever game I have already set the color/gamma/saturation levels for. As a graphics artists, I am very sensitive to these things, and it's annoying as heck to have to play Day of Defeat so dark it looks like I'm wearing sunglasses.
canadianrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 13, 2002, 03:09 PM   #4
Mize
That's my stapler

Mize is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeah. With my old nVidia card, I could click the nVidia icon in my systray, go to Custom Color Settings, and then select whatever game I have already set the color/gamma/saturation levels for. As a graphics artists, I am very sensitive to these things, and it's annoying as heck to have to play Day of Defeat so dark it looks like I'm wearing sunglasses.
Well, you can change it under the color tab and "game gamma," but it's all 3D...kinda tedious.

Mize
Rage3D > Voodoo 2 / TNT > Voodoo 3 3000 > Voodoo 5 5500 > GeForce 3 Ti200 > Radeon 8500 > Radeon 9700 Pro > Radeon X1800 XT > GeForce 8800 GTS > Radeon HD 5870 > Geforce GTX 580 > 6970 CFX > 3GB GTX 580 SLI
Mize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2002, 10:15 PM   #5
ONTHEFLY
Radeon R300

ONTHEFLY is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation Re: ATI Custom Color/Gamma setting: HOW?

Quote:

ATI has no such utility, and this is a must for me. Games like Anarchy Online are so dark, it's useless even attempting to play. If I adjust the gamma and color so I can play AO, I am blinded when I come back to the desktop. ATI has a button called GAME GAMMA, but this does dick-all.

I've tried Powerstrip, and while it does have a utility that works similar to nVidias, it has one fatal flaw: When it THINKS the program has ended, it will automatically change to the default gamma/color settings. This doesn't work with games like Anarchy Online, because the Launcher Utility closes before the game starts, and Powerstrip figures this is the program ending, and resets the colors. If I Alt+Tab out of AO to reset the colors, all my textures are screwed up in AO when I come back (This is an AO bug, not an ATI bug).

I've just downloaded Rage3D Tweak looking for a similar utility, and this doesn't seem to be the answer.

Can anyone assist me, by either telling me how to stop PowerStrip from changing settings when a program ends, or directing me to an appropriate utility??

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the club! Good luck finding someone with an answer! I've also been having this problem for awhile now(since the later driver sets released)but mine's a little different than yours >http://63.231.44.178/board/showthrea...eadid=33612379 <, but more or less the same,the thing is, I feel I shouldn't have to use PS or any utility running in the background in order to fix the brightness/gamma because it always causes little quirks and bugs like the ones you are having and inquiring about are the very reasons why I don't like using them in the first place...

I'm hoping that since this room has WAAAAAAAAYY more trafic than TS,that more people will respond to this than have to my original post.

Sorry if I sound a bit pessimistic but I've posted in other forums as well to no avail, but I'm keeping my hopes up....Thx to all who help out!...
-XP 1700 T-Bred @ 1.67 MHz 333FSB
-512MB Corsair PC-2700
-WD 120JB SE HDD 7200/100
-Sounbaster Live 5.1
-Intel Pro/100 NIC
-OS=XP-Pro SP1
ONTHEFLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2002, 05:44 AM   #6
ADS
Radeon R420

ADS is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: ATI Custom Color/Gamma setting: HOW?

Quote:
PowerStrip menu > Options > Hotkey manager > Uncheck "Recall color changes"
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2002, 07:55 AM   #7
stevvie
Radeon R600

stevvie is still being judged by the masses

RAGE3D TWEAKER...............
this not only can do Gamma,Brightness and Sound???? per game but also lets you use a hotkey to do this INGAME while actually playing it.....
stevvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:13 PM   #8
nellieman

nellieman is still being judged by the masses

sad to say, there is no shortcut for setting the gamma/brightness.
I have the r7-200
the only way I have found to change the settings is to open the amd sys-tray icon (radeon settings). from there on the bottom you will see a preferences tab. click that > additional settings > desktop management. there is where you can change your settings. leaving this section open is the best way I have found to do it. as you can then alt-tab to it, while in game. you can also reset to default once it's brighter/daylight in game.

hope this helps.
nellieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:42 AM   #9
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2016, 08:21 PM   #10
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

It sure is good to know.
I'm sure one of the Mods here will D-mail your post back to the year 2002.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote