Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 4, 2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber
Default AMD FX and Llano performance leaks

Fudzilla is always a "take it with a shaker of salt" kinda site, but often is fun to debate over. In this case, they're taking a look at some performance numbers supposedly leaked showing upcoming FX and Llano performance comparisons. Have salt, will travel!

The slides were posted by DonanimHaber and they reveal that the Llano should be able to match Intel’s Sandy Bridge processors in terms of overall performance. However, as expected it is somewhat weaker on the CPU side of things, but it manages to make up the difference in graphics performance.

Here is an example. In combined PCMark and 3DMark Vantage tests the most powerful A8 series Llano outpaces the Core i5 2300 and comes close to the Core i7 2600k. However, in terms of CPU power alone, it is still behind the Core i3 2100. In the graphics department, no Intel part is a match for any Llano core.

Source : Fudzilla