Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Default Audio Gurus enter! Alpine W900 issues + Amp issues

Alright, so I bought this car with the stuff on it. I'm about 15s from just rerunning all the wiring and making sure it's done right. But audio is one of the things I know dick squittle about. AKA not ****.
Setup:

Alpine W900 with the IMPRINT accessory, and the Bluetooth Module KCE-400BT, JL 300/4 Amp 2 Polk tweeters installed up front in doors.

3 Issues

First issue! Navigation does not prompt audibly. I've tried chaging nav. mix level from 1-15, no dice. Guidance prompt is turned on. But whenever it's time to turn I don't get a audible sound to turn. Or any audbile. Radio just keeps going.

Second issue! When I use the fade/balance I noticed when on the front driver speaker I get no sound from the lower speaker, or the tweeter. HOWEVER, when on Rear passenger I get sound from both the Rear Right Speaker, and the front driver speaker, and tweeter.

Are they bridged I am assuming? Is this correct? Is this why my Nav isn't speaking is it suppose to go into the Driver speaker?

Third and Final issue!

Whenever I use the "Device Search" on the bluetooth it immidiatly says "Search Failed". No searching is actually being done, it just fails instantly. I called alpine tech support he said find the BT module, unlplug it for a few seconds, cycle the key twice, re-enable and should work. Problem is I can't find the module anywhere. I only know it has the module becuase the headunit sees it pluged in. I can't get the headunit out because when I used keys, it won't come out.

I tried dissambling the dash around it and was going to remove the entire bracket, but I can't figure out how to get the lower grey trim run peices seperated at the bottom by the tray. (If you can help me figure this out that would be great).
So I unplugged the battery for 15m to kill the power on the adapter, and that still didn't fix the issue so I can't pair my phone. I found the IMPRINT module under the passenger side carpet. But I can't find the BT module anywhere, I am only assuming it's behind the headunit. As I have searched everywhere else. And no wires are running anywhere else.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:38 PM   #2
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

What kind of car is it?

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:40 PM   #3
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Can you post a pic of the end of the amp with all the connections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
What kind of car is it?
This is on the GTO. So 2 Tweeters, 2 Front door speakers, 2 rear mid panel speakers, and 2 rear in the rear dash. 8 total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
Can you post a pic of the end of the amp with all the connections?
I will when I get home, yeah.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote