Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies Crimson 15.12's are out.

These are WHQL certified for what it's worth and available on the AMD site now. http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ion-15.12.aspx

I've installed them and though I've not had chance to test anything they seem OK. Will test later.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2015, 01:23 PM   #2
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

they are just 15.11.1 with WHQL cert.

Good for people who need HDCP, other than that not worth the effort.
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2015, 01:24 PM   #3
Korrigan
GTX 980 Ti

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

HDCP with the betas was working just fine for me...
CPU: Core I7 7700k @4.8ghz - GPU: GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 27" 1ms Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2015, 01:25 PM   #4
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just an fyi...I have it posted on the front page news with what's fixed notes and link as well.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 01:28 PM   #5
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
HDCP with the betas was working just fine for me...
I dont use video on my gaming rig, so i dont know firsthand, but people who use "pro-sumer" level playback software have claimed that non-whql breaks protected path in certain situation.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 02:16 PM   #6
Korrigan
GTX 980 Ti

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

Must be specific then. I'm using PowerDVD all the time with legit store purchased blu-ray discs and never had a problem with any beta driver.
CPU: Core I7 7700k @4.8ghz - GPU: GeForce GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra-Gaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston SV300 480gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 27" 1ms Full HD LCD monitor - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2015, 04:14 PM   #7
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Crimson 15.11.1 reports up to date when using the built-in updater. Way to keep that tradition of shoddy programming alive, AMD!
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2015, 06:53 PM   #8
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

use ddu, they arent bit identical.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 02:34 AM   #9
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
Must be specific then. I'm using PowerDVD all the time with legit store purchased blu-ray discs and never had a problem with any beta driver.
Same here.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2015, 04:19 AM   #10
Cartel
Radeon HD 280X

Cartel is still being judged by the masses

Angry

Wtf is with AMD?
Every reboot the stupid driver wont use my display color and brightness settings unless I open the stupid crimson radeon settings then open the catalyst control.
Then it wakes up and applies my settings.

So cnext does piss all then I need to get ccc and mom.exe running to get my settings working.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 05:07 AM   #11
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

and still no fix for Elite:dangerous.
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer#2), MSI 970 Gaming, FX 8350, Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer #3) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K),Thermaltake 550w, Win10pro
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2015, 09:38 AM   #12
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Wtf is with AMD?
Every reboot the stupid driver wont use my display color and brightness settings unless I open the stupid crimson radeon settings then open the catalyst control.

So cnext does piss all then I need to get ccc and mom.exe running to get my settings working.

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same here. And opening the damn "additional settings", which - as someone here righteously said - is more like "the actually useful main monitor settings that our improvised driver team can't fit in the main interface" also resets my personal calibration and forces me to open 125 windows to get it back.

On a side note (yeah, right ), my taskbar won't stay where I told it to upon reboot unless I open the "additional settings" once again. Just guess AMD don't give much of a crap for Crossfire and Eyefinity after all. Or century long bugs, for that matter.

I don't know, maybe it's just me getting old and complaining, but with the launch of Crimson I was ACTUALLY EXPECTING an overall improvement.

Last edited by Lurk : Dec 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:11 PM   #13
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwardsNWR_Midnight can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
Same here. And opening the damn "additional settings", which - as someone here righteously said - is more like "the actual main monitor settings that our improvised driver team can't fit in the main inteface" also resets my personal calibration and forces me to open 125 windows to get it back.

On a side note (yeah, right ), my taskbar won't stay where I told it to upon reboot unless I open the "additional settings" once again. Just guess AMD don't give much of a crap for Crossfire and Eyefinity after all. Or century long bugs, for that matter.

I don't know, maybe it's just me getting old and complaining, but with the launch of Crimson I was ACTUALLY EXPECTING an overall improvement.
some of these issues may not be AMD, but more of a Microsoft issue.

Reason I say this is because I updated the drivers on our work computer. Changed to settings in control panel (Catalyst drivers, non crimson, older legacy card that crimson does not support.) And it lasted about 30 seconds and it would switch back to prior wrong resolution and settings.. rebooted, rinse and repeat.. nothing would stick UNTIL I set all the settings in windows display settings. Then it stuck. Windows kept reverting it. This is with windows 7.

It is very possible that some of the setting that have been removed from Crimson, and load up the default windows settings option windows may not be AMD's Choice but being forced by Microsoft.

The main point is keep in mind that though it could very well be a AMD problem, it also could be something forced by Microsoft to get certification.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2015, 03:11 AM   #14
Dyre Straits
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Dyre Straits is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post

Reason I say this is because I updated the drivers on our work computer. Changed to settings in control panel (Catalyst drivers, non crimson, older legacy card that crimson does not support.) And it lasted about 30 seconds and it would switch back to prior wrong resolution and settings.. rebooted, rinse and repeat.. nothing would stick UNTIL I set all the settings in windows display settings. Then it stuck. Windows kept reverting it. This is with windows 7.

It is very possible that some of the setting that have been removed from Crimson, and load up the default windows settings option windows may not be AMD's Choice but being forced by Microsoft.

The main point is keep in mind that though it could very well be a AMD problem, it also could be something forced by Microsoft to get certification.
Regardless of who's to blame, I'm sticking with the 15.11.1 Beta drivers until the multi-monitor issues get resolved.

There's not much at all in the Crimson release that's very appealing to me at this juncture.
~Windows 10 x64 Professional~Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H~Intel I7-3770K~8x2 GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistic 1600 RAM (Dual Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX R9 390 8GB GDDR5~3 Acer 27 inch LCDs~SCEPTRE 505 4K UHD TVand one Sanyo 32 inch HDTV connected via Intel onboard GPU~SATA BluRay RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~AND....1 TB XBOX ONE~1 PS4 with Uncharted Bundle~

Quote:
If you have an issue with what you said, please resolve it in private ;)
Dyre Straits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:30 AM   #16
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post

Nope--has nothing to do with Windows. You can prove that yourself by installing the latest Catalysts and then using the device manager to install the Crimson driver .inf--and all of the expected & standard Catalyst features are present & working--including the new CustomResUtility. It's obvious that the Crimson interface is just something overlaid on top of the Catalysts--that isn't nearly as functional & useful. I hate to say it--but whoever is doing the Crimson interface is in way over his head--I don't think they can fix it unless they get some new people involved who know what they are doing.

I sort of hate to say this, too, but my suspicion is that AMD has unwisely turned Crimson interface development over to the Raptr team from the start...very, very poor judgement if so, as many people disable Raptor from the driver install and don't use it because they don't need it. At any rate--it's obvious that whomever is doing the Crimson interface is in over his head.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:34 AM   #17
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

Thats a bit harsh.

it works perfectly fine for most people.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 03:05 PM   #20
lemonhead
Radeon R700

lemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylemonhead can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Yes, this bug is there on my systems too. After a reboot, Desktop Color/Gamma settings are only applied if the "Additional Display" settings is opened from the Display tab. It also happens, if you have multiple accounts, and if you log-in to another account with different settings.

The settings are applied correctly after a hibernate/sleep cycle though.

I just reported the issue to AMD. Hopefully they will receive many other related complaints. It's quite an annoying issue.
lemonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2016, 04:08 PM   #21
Loser-P
Radeon HD 4850

Loser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLoser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Noticed some graphical corruption on the map in GTA 5. Parts of the lines on routes disappear at times, looks similar to the corruption seen on the compass in Fallout 4.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 09:47 PM   #22
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser-P View Post
Noticed some graphical corruption on the map in GTA 5. Parts of the lines on routes disappear at times, looks similar to the corruption seen on the compass in Fallout 4.
Yeah, I had that but switched back to 15.7.1 WHQL and its gone and also installed 15.11 Beta over on top of 15.7.1 WHQL and didn't see it at all. So either 15.7.1 or 15.11 Beta is fine driver to use.
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2016, 08:10 PM   #23
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

16.1 hot fix is out..

actually fixes FO4 and GTAV hud/compass bugs...