Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Feb 2, 2016, 05:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Smile 16.1.1 Hotfix drivers 1/31

Is this old news? Has a release date of 1/31, and the notes mention Rise of Tomb Raider & FO4 fixes. I just started RotTR, hope it bumps framerate slightly !
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 05:34 PM   #2
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

A quick followup: Steam RotTR players are reporting major speedups with this driver, yay! http://steamcommunity.com/app/391220...2571443155248/
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

i get horrible simmering on texture object with this driver in tomb raider.....

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 2, 2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

found out it was ssaa that was the problem

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2016, 07:34 AM   #5
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

the AA in this game downright sucks. Even 2xSSAA gives me artifacts.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:27 AM   #6
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

https://twitter.com/CatalystMaker/st...68557618286592

Hotfix for Radeon Software 16.1.1 coming today that will fix incompatibility with the new Fallout 4 patch in crossfire mode.
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:25 PM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hows the opengl? I reverted to pre crimson because opengl games like WOT (russiangl some would say) would crash the computer to a black screen then have to press reset...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2016, 01:22 PM   #8
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

[86690] Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. The AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix driver has been updated. Please download this driver once again and reinstall it to address this issue.
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2016, 07:31 AM   #9
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Hows the opengl? I reverted to pre crimson because opengl games like WOT (russiangl some would say) would crash the computer to a black screen then have to press reset...
Played many of OpenGL games (Penumbra, Amnesia, SOMA, The Dark Mod, etc) with 6.1 and now with 6.1.1 no crash whatsoever perhaps is one of those cases where particular hardware and software configurations cause trouble. One problem i add with 6.1 that is now gone in 6.1.1 was severe screen corruption using VSR in some games.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2016, 09:19 AM   #10
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Be sure and grab the 2/3 version of 16.1.1; it replaced the 1/31 version of the driver by the same version #. I still can't figure out what AMD has against using clear and unambiguous driver numbers...this driver should have been 16.1.2...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 07:34 AM   #11
globalist
Radeon Evergreen

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wow, this new scheme is just absolutely horrible:

When I check for driver updates in my Radeon Settings it says no updates are available and my current version is reported as:

15.301.1201-151223a-297971C

When I check in System the Radeon Software version is reported as 16.1 (I think I have applied the december (?) hotfix so that's why).

Now when I check on amd.com in Drivers & Downloads center, the latest driver available for my card is "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 15.30.1025.1001". Under Features, it says the Revision Number for the Radeon Software is "Crimson Edition 15.12"

And the latest hotfix dated 2/4/2016 has a revision number "Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix".

Can anyone explain what the actual **** are the guys at AMD smoking?
TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:25 AM   #12
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Wow, this new scheme is just absolutely horrible:

When I check for driver updates in my Radeon Settings it says no updates are available and my current version is reported as:

15.301.1201-151223a-297971C

When I check in System the Radeon Software version is reported as 16.1 (I think I have applied the december (?) hotfix so that's why).

Now when I check on amd.com in Drivers & Downloads center, the latest driver available for my card is "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 15.30.1025.1001". Under Features, it says the Revision Number for the Radeon Software is "Crimson Edition 15.12"

And the latest hotfix dated 2/4/2016 has a revision number "Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix".

Can anyone explain what the actual **** are the guys at AMD smoking?
I THINK.. not 100% sure.. the Crimson software checks based upon status of the driver.. ie if you have WHQL installed, it only checks for the WHQL certified drivers.. the WQHL 15.12 (2015-12th month, ie Dec 2015) driver.. as hotfix drivers are not WHQL certified does not show in the available updates. What would be a nice enhancement request for the AMD Driver team would be a check box in the updates section to check for ALL (WHQL & Beta) drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ion-15.12.aspx

Quote:
Package Contents

The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 contains the following:
◾AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12 Driver version 15.30.1025.1001

Highlights of AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

This release provides users with a Microsoft WHQL certified version of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.11.1 Update driver

Last edited by @md_Guy : Feb 10, 2016 at 11:31 AM.
@md_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote