Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:26 AM   #481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

It does take extra time for sure. That’s why not asking anyone for it. No urgency anyways.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:25 AM   #482
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

About the blown up hero boards, buildzoid seems to think that the failed boards has a capacitor mounted in the wrong direction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkO4wiEAY4

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:14 PM   #483
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah. Reverse polarity from the capacitor seems like a big mistake. Looks like it's only a small batch of boards though.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:59 PM   #484
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh great, just my luck. Can't confirm the orientation of the capacitor in my board now since I'm out of town for the week, but my system has been up and running for two days without a hitch.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 01:01 PM   #485
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If it has the inverted capacitor, shut the machine down and contact ASUS. I'd imagine we'll see RMAs from this.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Dec 28, 2021, 01:53 PM   #486
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just got my wife to stick her phone in there and snap a pic. Bit fuzzy, but pretty sure it's in the right orientation.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 02:07 PM   #487
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Just got my wife to stick her phone in there and snap a pic. Bit fuzzy, but pretty sure it's in the right orientation.
No one has made a joke of this yet?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 03:42 PM   #488
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If it has the inverted capacitor, shut the machine down and contact ASUS. I'd imagine we'll see RMAs from this.
This. Shut the thing down even if it’s in sleep mode. Don’t want that burning up especially when you’re not home.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2021, 07:30 PM   #489
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
LOL
Old Dec 28, 2021, 08:39 PM   #490
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
LOL
Thank you!!

yoz
Old Dec 29, 2021, 06:42 AM   #491
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Wife's vagine is fine!

I think I got lucky with this one. The mb I mean. I can definitely make out the 6.3V marking on my chip and it is facing the right way. Will need official confirmation hopefully this week from ASUS confirming this is infact the problem. What a nightmare this must be to people though. Burning stuff next to your precious ddr5 ram that one probably paid good money to a scalper can't be good. I'd also hate to rip everything apart again to do a motherboard rma. GPU fails, no problem, it pops in and out. MB? **** that. Took me the whole morning to install. lol...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 07:25 AM   #492
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
What a nightmare this must be to people though. Burning stuff next to your precious ddr5 ram that one probably paid good money to a scalper can't be good. I'd also hate to rip everything apart again to do a motherboard rma. GPU fails, no problem, it pops in and out. MB? **** that. Took me the whole morning to install. lol...
Scary crap right there, I agree.

yoz
Old Dec 29, 2021, 07:51 AM   #493
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Enjoying the conversation between old guys.

Wife vagina is pretty intersting piece of hardware ...
Old Dec 29, 2021, 03:14 PM   #494
Arrowhead
to the knee.

ASUS just put out a statement. Preliminary assessment seems to be the reversed capacitor issue being the culprit. They are going to work with relevant government agencies on a replacement program. Whatever that means.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPC...3559936060389/
Can't copy paste Facebook on my phone for some reason.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 08:07 PM   #495
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Problem affects units from a single production line in Vietnam. Someone is in BIG trouble...
Old Dec 30, 2021, 02:25 AM   #496
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

ASUS Confirms ‘Reversed’ Memory Capacitor As The Root Cause of ROG Maximus Z690 HERO Issues, Will Offer Replacement To All Affected Users

https://wccftech.com/asus-confirms-r...ffected-users/
Old Dec 30, 2021, 03:06 AM   #497
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nice.

Looks like they'll take care of anyone affected. Doing it right
Old Dec 30, 2021, 04:19 AM   #498
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Now if they'll just release more bios for older boards I'd be happier.

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2021, 05:12 AM   #499
Nunz
RIP Roxen

What do you need a new BIOS for?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 06:58 PM   #500
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
ASUS just put out a statement. Preliminary assessment seems to be the reversed capacitor issue being the culprit. They are going to work with relevant government agencies on a replacement program. Whatever that means.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/ASUSPC...3559936060389/
Can't copy paste Facebook on my phone for some reason.
This explains the government agency thing.

Old Dec 30, 2021, 07:00 PM   #501
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Guess that’s what’s called bust a cap!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 04:22 AM   #502
Megaman
Packing heat!

I ran Cinebench23 with 1.36v DRAM, SA 1.2, power limits off and XMP 1, moved from 22412 to 22689 score. Temps picked up on the cores as expected, averaging high 70s with max temp hitting 88.

Mid way through the bench I realized I could open up the front of the case to get better air flow. I did that and temps dropped a few degrees. The CPU pump and fans are on a custom curve, they are balanced, not extreme and they could have been increased to drop the temps a bit more. Also, today we hit 39 degrees. I have the AC on but it was only enough to keep the room in a comfortable level. Couldn’t tell you ambient temps.

For now I'm going to revert it to XMP 2 with power limits off for testing purposes and see how it goes as I haven't spent any time on this to see how games perform.

Right now, the PC is sweet. Everything just runs silky smooth with RT enabled. Whether the $$$ for the upgrade was worth it…..well….who cares, you only live once. But yes, it was worth it.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 04:36 AM   #503
Nunz
RIP Roxen

CB23 is not going to test your IMC for you.

Play the games you crashed in. Stress tests are not a be-all-end-all for stability anymore, not since Comet Lake.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 05:08 AM   #504
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah I know I just want to test gaming in XMP 2 as is since I haven’t done much gaming then move to XMP 1, test, see what up and then determine how to proceed from there. Then when a new BIOS come out I want to see if the volts have changed. I’ll then bump the memory back up for maximum performance.

Part of the learning curve.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 07:54 AM   #505
acroig
Troll SMod

I want to play too!

yoz
Old Dec 31, 2021, 08:12 AM   #506
KAC

Everything I have read states overclocking yields minimal gains. Just game and be gay, mega gay.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 09:53 AM   #507
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyfO Che -USA- can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was having trouble with the XMP 2 using only 1.35v. This 12700K and memory combination needs 1.36 for stability.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 07:01 PM   #508
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Intel Disables AVX-512 on 12th Gen Alder Lake CPUs via BIOS Update
https://www.hardwaretimes.com/intel-...a-bios-update/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 05:23 PM   #509
acroig
Troll SMod

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-te...-up-to-5-5-ghz

Now that is a CPU worthy of a KAC upgrade!

yoz
Old Jan 3, 2022, 05:39 PM   #510
KAC

If 6000 series is on AM4 then I won’t be getting AL.