Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Default I GUESS WE DO ALL HAVE PHONES (Diablo Immortal)

TLDW; Blizzard made roughly 1.6 billion last year. Of that, around 1.2 of it was microtransactions, most of that was Call of Duty. Blizzard wants to bring all of their franchises to mobile now (starcraft, warcraft, etc.)

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:20 AM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Don't disrespect the Kotick, it's Activision Blizzard.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:08 AM   #3
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Are we talking about bringing StarCraft 2 to ipad? Or creating some craptastic pay-to-win mobile game in the StarCraft universe? Cause those be 2 different things.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:15 AM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

CoD isn’t pay to win its pay to look nice so Starcraft will be similar. They won’t abandon a strategy that makes them so much money.

I’m waiting for how they will monetize Diablo Immortal it’s the only mobile game I want. Contrary to all those crying babies out there I’m looking forward to it.

I’m not surprised by mobile making the most money. It’s a lot easier to have kids spend their parents money in 5-10 blocks rather than 60 dollar chunks for games. Not only that every kid pretty much plays games on their phones and they never let go of them.

Last edited by logical : Nov 9, 2020 at 11:35 AM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 01:25 PM   #5
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yea.. I never though mobile would make so much money years ago. But holy crap, mobile is where the money is for the last few years.

I think mobile just reach more people, which mean more money coming into gaming mtx. Billions of people not wanting/needing a console/pc can game on a phone (everyone has a phone) ... BOOM! Money in the bank.

And like logical says , 2-5 USD is a lot easier to swallow than 60+ USD for a game, so doesn't feel like spending that much money...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 03:25 PM   #6
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Yea.. I never though mobile would make so much money years ago. But holy crap, mobile is where the money is for the last few years.

I think mobile just reach more people, which mean more money coming into gaming mtx. Billions of people not wanting/needing a console/pc can game on a phone (everyone has a phone) ... BOOM! Money in the bank.

And like logical says , 2-5 USD is a lot easier to swallow than 60+ USD for a game, so doesn't feel like spending that much money...
Mobile games are also MUCH cheaper to make since they are less complex.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
Old Nov 9, 2020, 04:30 PM   #7
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Mobile games are also MUCH cheaper to make since they are less complex.

...No lol

Old Nov 9, 2020, 04:42 PM   #8
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
...No lol
Name a mobile game that would rival say...a pc game in complexity, features, and options. We won't go with graphics because, while some mobile games look pretty good, they can't come close to current gen PC/Consoles. I'm genuinely curious, because I've been looking all over for good mobile games that aren't pay to win. There is SOOO much potential in mobile games but they are being held back because of micro-transaction hell.

~George Carlin

Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:04 PM   #9
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

COD continues to bring the brodudes to the yard, and they're like black ops is better than yours and your like, damn right it's better than yours. I can teach you quick scope but I'd have to charge.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:26 PM   #10
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Just want to state that what you play on your phone are games but not "gaming". Playing chess isn't gaming. Playing some craptacular move your finger around the phone base defense game isn't real gaming. It's just some game designed to kill time. They need to stop comparing phone games to real gaming. Completely different.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:43 PM   #11
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Name a mobile game that would rival say...a pc game in complexity, features, and options. We won't go with graphics because, while some mobile games look pretty good, they can't come close to current gen PC/Consoles. I'm genuinely curious, because I've been looking all over for good mobile games that aren't pay to win. There is SOOO much potential in mobile games but they are being held back because of micro-transaction hell.

Call of Duty Mobile

LoL Wild Rift coming in: https://wildrift.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/
Diablo Immortal
PUBG
Fornite

Even games like Madden and soccer games(football sim) are catching up. There are probably a bunch of games that arent announced coming to mobile that will end up there.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 05:50 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Just want to state that what you play on your phone are games but not "gaming". Playing chess isn't gaming. Playing some craptacular move your finger around the phone base defense game isn't real gaming. It's just some game designed to kill time. They need to stop comparing phone games to real gaming. Completely different.

And CoD and fornite and the like? A lot of players dont even use their fingers. They connect Xbox and PS4 controllers and get going.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 06:12 PM   #13
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Call of Duty Mobile

LoL Wild Rift coming in: https://wildrift.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/
Diablo Immortal
PUBG
Fornite

Even games like Madden and soccer games(football sim) are catching up. There are probably a bunch of games that arent announced coming to mobile that will end up there.
Pretty much every game listed there is a PC/console game prior. I'm looking more for Mobile originals, not an inferior copy (let's face it, fornight and pubg are better on pc/consoles). While it is kinda neat playing some of those games (I am particularly interested in the League clone) each one of the ones that are released are versions that are dumbed down quite a bit for cell phones. It makes sense, since cell phones can't control as well as a PC, but they still aren't as good.

It remains to be seen what they do with D: Immortal and the league clone.

~George Carlin

Old Nov 9, 2020, 07:05 PM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Pretty much every game listed there is a PC/console game prior. I'm looking more for Mobile originals, not an inferior copy (let's face it, fornight and pubg are better on pc/consoles). While it is kinda neat playing some of those games (I am particularly interested in the League clone) each one of the ones that are released are versions that are dumbed down quite a bit for cell phones. It makes sense, since cell phones can't control as well as a PC, but they still aren't as good.

It remains to be seen what they do with D: Immortal and the league clone.
Fortnite and PubG and COD are not dumbed down at all. FN and PUBG are 1:1 with consoles as they are cross play. I’d argue that depending on what pc/console you have playing fortnite or PubG on an iPhone or an iPad Pro is a better gaming experience as long as you have a controller. The always on you availability also gives phones and tablets an edge too.

No matter what you want to say companies are going to be pouring big money into mobile and not just the clicker type games of the past.

Old Nov 9, 2020, 10:51 PM   #15
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:

No matter what you want to say companies are going to be pouring big money into mobile and not just the clicker type games of the past.
Of course, this is what the point of the thread was for...Blizzard is going heavy into mobile, and I can't blame them because that is where the money is. It doesn't mean I will support it in any way though.

~George Carlin

Old Nov 9, 2020, 11:37 PM   #16
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Even if you don't want to see it as gaming... games lke Pugb, Fortnite etc is on mbile. They bring in big money!

I saw yt video, US 7 million a day for Pubg in India .... 7million a day... holy ****!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2020, 06:07 AM   #17
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Genshin Impact is a mobile game, brought to pc. Its pretty epic.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:37 PM   #18
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Genshin Impact is a mobile game, brought to pc. Its pretty epic.
Actually it was released at the same time across PC/Android and consoles. It's nothing special though, just the usual gacha game.

~George Carlin

Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:42 PM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

So no mobile games are good unless you like them?

Whats the hate for the mobile games? Its just another way for people to enjoy games.

Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:43 PM   #20
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

Quote:
So no mobile games are good unless you like them?

Whats the hate for the mobile games? Its just another way for people to enjoy games.
There are some great mobile games. Battle Chasers nightwar is fantastic, and zero micro-trannys. Mobile games that have no micros or ads are fine, but they are few and far between so...yeah, I just don't like the majority of them. Nothing kills my boner more than an ad popping up in the middle of my play.

~George Carlin

Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:32 PM   #21
logical
What is my purpose?

A smattering of information and videos came out a couple of weeks ago:

Their stance on f2p and how micro-transactions will work.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diab...ach-and-values

Long story short:
  • All gameplay will be free and wont be limited with for pay energy system.
  • There is a battle pass
  • There is a premium currency(platinum) that will allow people to buy stones that can up the chances of getting legendary runes(not weapons)
  • There is a market but legendary gear(weapons and armor) wont be on there and you can only trade gems
Some gameplay tons more videos out there if you care:

Old Jan 6, 2021, 03:01 AM   #22
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Is their anything about potential offline play? I'm looking forward to playing this on my iPad Pro regardless, but it would be sick if I could play offline while I'm flying.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2021, 03:05 AM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

As far as I read always online. No pausing.

Old Jan 6, 2021, 03:07 AM   #24
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Oof, but I'm still gonna play it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2021, 03:14 AM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Yeah they are going heavy on the social aspect, way more than D3. It's been one of my most anticipated games TBH. Ever since I played D3 on the switch I knew immortal could work in bite sizes on the go.

Old Jan 6, 2021, 03:25 AM   #26
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Wait how is Deckard Cain in this game? Didn't he snuff it in the 3rd?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 04:06 AM   #27
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Wait how is Deckard Cain in this game? Didn't he snuff it in the 3rd?
This game takes place between 2 and 3.

Old Jan 10, 2021, 12:45 AM   #28
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Playing a diablo game while waiting on a train to pass appeals to me
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2021, 10:53 AM   #29
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Playing a diablo game while waiting on a train to pass appeals to me
Same. They've made rifts like 2-5 minute things so I can play while my wife figures out what shampoo she wants. That's like a 10 minutes debacle.

Old Jan 10, 2021, 01:38 PM   #30
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Same. They've made rifts like 2-5 minute things so I can play while my wife figures out what shampoo she wants. That's like a 10 minutes debacle.
i never could get into gaming on a phone, maybe this will be worth a shot
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote