Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Feb 27, 2021, 03:22 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Well they say wafer production was increased by 40% in Dec due to demand. At some point between those who cant afford the current prices, millions are unemployed and more losing their jobs all the time at about a million a week in the US, and the satiating of consumer demand at the high end I dont see that taking a year.

I say by summer things will stabilize assuming no unusual production disruption.
Pax what do you mean by stabilize? At AMD's latest earnings call shareholders asked them why they wanted to produce more MBA cards at MSRP when they could sell them for far more and make more profit. Making big profits is AMD's & Nvidia's main aim, not selling cheap cards. Higher SKU margins mean bigger profits so win win for shareholders.

Whether we like it or not higher GPU prices are here to stay it would seem so we all need to just get used to the new normal.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2021, 10:04 PM   #182
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Pax what do you mean by stabilize? At AMD's latest earnings call shareholders asked them why they wanted to produce more MBA cards at MSRP when they could sell them for far more and make more profit. Making big profits is AMD's & Nvidia's main aim, not selling cheap cards. Higher SKU margins mean bigger profits so win win for shareholders.

Whether we like it or not higher GPU prices are here to stay it would seem so we all need to just get used to the new normal.
A lot of gamers are not buying cards and are starting to look elsewhere now. I know I am. It may sound good for amd and nvidia to sell cards that are grossly overpriced, tho its more likely its the AIB's and retailers who are cashing in and not AMD from the latest rumors, but in the long run it can damage your business. Theres a reason why console makers sell at cost or even a loss around 500$. The console gaming market is near non existent at 1000$ or higher.

So good business sense would want the TAM to be fully adressed and not just the top 10-20%. If you abandon for too long or undeserve the lower 70-80% of the gpu market you can lose it. If anyone can really capitalize on this its intel. They can make silicon on a mass scale and if they can keep prices in the normal range where most people buy videocards they can grab huge market share away from both amd and nvidia.

AMD knows this.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:17 PM   #183
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
A Glimpse of RDNA 3 Graphics Architecture Based GPUs & APUs, AMD Patents Active Bridge Chiplet With Integrated Cache For Multi-Chiplet Designs
https://wccftech.com/a-glimpse-of-rd...et-gpu-design/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:32 PM   #184
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like they are adding integrated rdna to zen4 going forward as well so all apus like intel. No reason not to anymore I suppose as it doesnt impeed cpu perf.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:49 PM   #185
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Looks like they are adding integrated rdna to zen4 going forward as well so all apus like intel. No reason not to anymore I suppose as it doesnt impeed cpu perf.

yea

but if they are going to they should get it to do something with a AMD GPU Video card only to add support to the card

integrated crossfire
Old Apr 11, 2021, 02:07 PM   #186
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Integrated crossfire existed in the past. A cool update to that might be a sort of async crossfire. With the ability to I don't know... encode video for streaming, post-processing... maybe a HQ scaler for instance....

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2021, 08:50 PM   #187
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Integrated crossfire existed in the past. A cool update to that might be a sort of async crossfire. With the ability to I don't know... encode video for streaming, post-processing... maybe a HQ scaler for instance....
Put only RT cores on the CPU..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2021, 01:51 AM   #188
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:

I can't remember where, but I read an article that indicated AMD had shipped hardly any GPUs in Q4 2020, like way down from past years. They may be making money on the ones sold, but not selling very many. A lot of money is being left on the table because they can't even make the products.

Frankly it's still not clear to me how much of the current GPU problems are due to demand, and how much of it is just supply constraints. The EVGA step up queue is barely even moving, and while we don't know how many are in the queue, two week periods go by without any product being shipped to anyone. That sounds more like supply constraints to me than high demand. (High demand alone you'd see a few cards trickle out reliably, but the queue would still go slow because there are so many in it.)
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2021, 07:25 AM   #189
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I can't remember where, but I read an article that indicated AMD had shipped hardly any GPUs in Q4 2020, like way down from past years. They may be making money on the ones sold, but not selling very many. A lot of money is being left on the table because they can't even make the products.

Frankly it's still not clear to me how much of the current GPU problems are due to demand, and how much of it is just supply constraints. The EVGA step up queue is barely even moving, and while we don't know how many are in the queue, two week periods go by without any product being shipped to anyone. That sounds more like supply constraints to me than high demand. (High demand alone you'd see a few cards trickle out reliably, but the queue would still go slow because there are so many in it.)
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2021, 02:14 PM   #190
pax
Rage3D Spammer

They're making less gpus than they used to but ASP's are higher:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gp...eration%20GPUs.

Quote:
In general, discrete desktop GPU shipments in 2020 totaled approximately 41.5 million units and exceeded shipments of graphics cards in 2019. That's likely due to AMD and Nvidia both selling out of previous generation cards, rather than significant numbers of the latest generation GPUs. Shortages constrained and continue to limit AIB sales, and it's difficult to estimate just how high the actual demand for standalone desktop GPUs was in 2020. Looking forward, there's still unmet demand, and the GPU and graphics card makers would need to produce plenty of products to keep up in 2021. Unfortunately, that's likely not possible, as the shortages continue to plague the industry.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 12, 2021, 03:18 PM   #191
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

get ready if mining is still going on when this next gen hits MSRP on both AMD & NV will be like the RTX 2000's not the 3000's

with 3080's selling for 2 and 3 times MSRP i'm sure the jacket is mad as a wet hen that they are losing all that cash
Old Apr 12, 2021, 03:25 PM   #192
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Ya I very much doubt global production of discreet will exceed much the 40-45 million mark next year. They simply will prioritize pro cards. Like we saw today at the GTC from the jacket, and cpus that are much more profitable. Only console apus might be less profitable. But those contracts are volume oriented and force the gpus makers into supply agreements.

I dont see this getting better anytime soon now. I might say **** it at retirement and grab a ~grand from the severance pay for a gpu then I dont know. I think Id rather wait for next gen at this point. The 7000 Radeon series and 4000 RTX series are said to be huge improvements.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 14, 2021, 03:39 PM   #193
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Ya I very much doubt global production of discreet will exceed much the 40-45 million mark next year. They simply will prioritize pro cards. Like we saw today at the GTC from the jacket, and cpus that are much more profitable. Only console apus might be less profitable. But those contracts are volume oriented and force the gpus makers into supply agreements.

I dont see this getting better anytime soon now. I might say **** it at retirement and grab a ~grand from the severance pay for a gpu then I dont know. I think Id rather wait for next gen at this point. The 7000 Radeon series and 4000 RTX series are said to be huge improvements.
You might have a long wait. This from Nvidia..https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gpu-shor...graphics-card/

And even worse from Intel ..https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...chip-shortage/

So next Gen maybe very late 2022 or early 2023? Who knows. Personally I'm not bothered I'm just enjoying my 3090 in games with everything maxed out. Oh and my new all electric vehicle station wagon arrived and is brilliant. New GPU, CPU, Monitor and electric car in last four months or so. Not complaining.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:03 AM   #194
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You might have a long wait. This from Nvidia..https://wccftech.com/nvidia-gpu-shor...graphics-card/

And even worse from Intel ..https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...chip-shortage/

So next Gen maybe very late 2022 or early 2023? Who knows. Personally I'm not bothered I'm just enjoying my 3090 in games with everything maxed out. Oh and my new all electric vehicle station wagon arrived and is brilliant. New GPU, CPU, Monitor and electric car in last four months or so. Not complaining.
Quote:
NVIDIA Confirms That The Majority of PC Gamers Won’t Be Able To Buy A Gaming Graphics Card This Year, Shortages To Persist Throughout 2021
wonder why
Quote:
Nvidia mining GPUs bring in three times more revenue than expected
https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...-than-expected

wonder what they are making more of now
Old Apr 15, 2021, 04:13 PM   #195
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
wonder why

Miners aren't the only reason there are actually supply chain and component shortages as well.

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidi...-than-expected

wonder what they are making more of now
It's called capitalism Bill and the American's claim to be good at it. Sell everything you can to whomever is willing to pay the highest prices. A miner's money is as good as a gamer's money after all. Companies want to make profits not friends.

The big question is where are all the AMD GPU's? Scott Herkelman promised AMD would supply the AIB's with enough chips to help them sell their cards at MSRP. That was in December. Never happened. He then said in January that AMD would keep on producing their own cards and sell them at MSRP. Never happened.

So what's going on? I would hazard a guess $ony & M$ have a lot to do with it. Also Zen 3. The thing is Radeon GPU's appear to be the last in line for AMD at the moment and they're just ducking the issue by refusing to make any comments. Miners or consoles it all adds up to the same thing.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 05:02 PM   #196
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It's called capitalism Bill and the American's claim to be good at it. Sell everything you can to whomever is willing to pay the highest prices. A miner's money is as good as a gamer's money after all. Companies want to make profits not friends.

The big question is where are all the AMD GPU's? Scott Herkelman promised AMD would supply the AIB's with enough chips to help them sell their cards at MSRP. That was in December. Never happened. He then said in January that AMD would keep on producing their own cards and sell them at MSRP. Never happened.

So what's going on? I would hazard a guess $ony & M$ have a lot to do with it. Also Zen 3. The thing is Radeon GPU's appear to be the last in line for AMD at the moment and they're just ducking the issue by refusing to make any comments. Miners or consoles it all adds up to the same thing.
TSMC it's

water

https://www.datacenterdynamics.com/e...ient-reserves/

and auto industry then $ony & M$

if i wanted to give up gaming for a year i could sell my 2080 ti Strix for 1750

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ROG-St...Cclp%3A2334524

Last edited by bill dennison : Apr 15, 2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 09:20 PM   #197
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Well ****:

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9...ked/index.html

Quote:
AMD's new Navi 22-powered Radeon RX 6700 XT graphics cards are a kick ass GPU mining card, offering 44MH/s hash power at 120W.
Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/9...ked/index.html

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 3, 2021, 08:16 PM   #198
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-base...g-navi-rdna-2/

Quote:
It looks like AMD's next-generation RDNA 3 'Navi 3X' GPUs for Radeon RX Gaming graphics cards are going to feature a much bigger gen-over-gen performance increase. Following up on his AMD Navi 33 GPU story, KittyYuko has now revealed that the flagship Navi 31 GPU is going to be one insanely powerful chip.

AMD Navi 31 GPU With RDNA 3 MCM Design To Offer 3x Performance Uplift Over Big Navi 21 RDNA 2 GPU, Expected To Feature 160 Compute Units & Over 10,000 Cores
Like the Navi 33 GPU which we reported yesterday, the AMD Navi 31 GPU will also be based on the RDNA 3 (GFX11) GPU IP. The Navi 31 GPU will be replacing the current flagship Navi 21 GPU and will be almost twice as large considering that it is going to feature a dual-chiplet design. We all think of the current Big Navi (21) GPU being an insanely powerful chip but based on the rumors we are now hearing for the next-generation parts, the Big Navi (31) GPU is going to make us forget the existing parts.
https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-navi...0-cores-rumor/

Kind of insane they are saying the lowest navi 3 sku is the same as the 6900xt.

Rumors have been pretty consistent for some time now that next gen is a big leap.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 4, 2021, 04:35 AM   #199
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-base...g-navi-rdna-2/

https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-navi...0-cores-rumor/

Kind of insane they are saying the lowest navi 3 sku is the same as the 6900xt.

Rumors have been pretty consistent for some time now that next gen is a big leap.
This is the last paragraph from Pax's link.

"The AMD RDNA 3 'Navi 3' GPU lineup of Radeon RX graphics cards will be competing with NVIDIA's own MCM GPUs based on either the Ada Lovelace GPUs. As of now, the next-gen parts still aren't expected till the end of 2022 or early 2023 so treat this information with a slight grain of salt."

Not coming our way anytime soon.That high end Navi 3 ain't going to cost $£800. Might need to stick a £$1 in front at least.
Old May 5, 2021, 06:30 AM   #200
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You heard it folks, 300% performance increase....

More like 25%.

MCM designs are again going to come down to developer implementation. And considering that consoles still use a monolithic design this won't occur until the next gen of consoles. Or they release updated console skus like they did previously. But that's years out.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2021, 09:12 AM   #201
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Let the hype train begin, going to have to wait till those fabs are built to get one though.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2021, 01:04 PM   #202
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA Ada Lovelace ‘GeForce RTX’ & AMD RDNA 3 ‘Radeon RX’ Next-Generation GPUs Rumored To Be More Than Twice As Fast Than Ampere & RDNA 2
Quote:
It looks like AMD will take the lead by offering the first MCM-powered GPUs under its Radeon RX graphics card lineup. But at the same time, NVIDIA is expected to quickly transition to its Hopper MCM GPU lineup which will offer over 3x performance boost over Ampere GPUs.
Old May 23, 2021, 01:28 PM   #203
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 01:41 PM   #204
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

🤣, haven't heard that one in ages.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2021, 03:50 PM   #205
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

but i hope it is true and they both are

Old May 24, 2021, 02:29 AM   #206
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
RDNA 3 DOUBLES Shaders & 4 Compute Chiplets
Old May 25, 2021, 05:17 PM   #207
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Bill it's clickbait. Here's a definition.

"Clickbait is a text or a thumbnail link that is designed to attract attention and to entice users to follow that link and read, view, or listen to the linked piece of online content, with a defining characteristic of being deceptive, typically sensationalized or misleading."

It will also be monitised by how many views it gets and any ads it displays. Sadly this is the world of the internet where the incredibly stupid people believe the incredibly stupid things that they read online. I'm not saying you're incredibly stupid BTW it's just a generalisation.
Old May 28, 2021, 03:32 PM   #208
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
How to watch AMD’s Computex 2021 keynote and what to expect

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...hat-to-expect/
Old Jun 10, 2021, 04:47 PM   #209
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...n-q4-2022.html

Bill you might not like it but this seems a reasonable time frame Q4 2022 availability Q1 2023 maybe. Neither AMD or Nvidia have released the lower end models of current gen so this sounds about right.

It is what it is at the moment I'm afraid. Chip shortages meh.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 07:04 PM   #210
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Honestly I think low-end GPUs are basically dead now. Since the industry has learned that they can make suckers like me pay $1000 for a mid-range card, we're pretty much toast.

Best we can hope now is that AMD starts to fill in some of that space with their APUs. That's probably where we were headed eventually, so I guess we may as well bit the bullet and do it now.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro