Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Home Theaters and Photography
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Theaters and Photography Discussion forum for Home Theater enthusiasts and newbies. Also the place to discuss and post your photography ventures and queries.

Old Dec 6, 2006, 09:05 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jlspec
Radeon R300

jlspec is still being judged by the masses

Default New to HDTV, is Samsung 32" LCD HDTV (LN-S3251D) any good?

I don't know much about HDTV/LCD and I just bought myself a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV (LN-S3251D). I was wondering if anyone has one and is it any good for gaming/DVD movies?
jlspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 05:37 PM   #2
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

based on the specs looks like a good set.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 06:40 PM   #3
NYHecK
Bad motha-shut yo mouth!™

NYHecK is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Most Samsung sets i've seen have awesome contrast. I'd say that any Samsung LCD T.V is a good T.V.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:12 AM   #4
ADVERSiTY
lolwtf

ADVERSiTY is still being judged by the masses

I have the same set, and it's nice. You should definitely take some time to calibrate it correctly though, as there is a pretty bad red push out of the box (using "Cool 1" color temperature seems to fix it though). Do your calibrating in "Movie" mode though, as it's the only way to turn of the DNIe processing that seems to mess with the picture. Standard Definition is kind of blah, but that seems to be the norm for HD sets.

Gaming is great. Only complaint from me is trying to figure out what exactly Game Mode does and whether I should use the VGA cable for my X360 or the component cables, as the component cables are pretty damn dark using my calibrated settings, whereas VGA is not (and also allows Native Resolution). Seems like a simple choice but I also want to have my PC hooked into the display and using DVI -> HDMI looks like **** and limits resolution choices. With only one VGA port it's kind of a hassle switching all the time.

There are some downsides to the set, but I think it has the best picture out of all the 32" LCDs.
ADVERSiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2006, 03:01 PM   #5
Dynamike
Forced To Snap

Dynamike is still being judged by the masses

I had a Samsung and i will never buy one again ^^

These things brake down.
Samsung Syncmaster 970P TFT : Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX.

HT : Pioneer PDP 507XD Plasma : Bowers & Wilkins 703 : Marantz PM-15S1 : Marantz SA7001 : Marantz DV7600 : MJ Acoustics reference 1 MKII : Playstation 3.
Dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 05:25 PM   #6
TriC
Radeon R700

TriC is still being judged by the masses

Samesung makes the Best LCD tv's I have that model but in the 40".. all I have to say is WOW