Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 29, 2008, 03:30 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default buying a new monitor, need help

Hey guys

Finally i decided to utilize my paycheck and move away from CRT's to LCD's

I've decided on a 1680x1050 as my native res, since im a single GPU person.
Since theres a few '20 screens with 1680x1050,and they have a better pixel pitch, ive decided to skip '22 all together.

Also 2ms is a must unless someone knowledgeable can tell me quality in games between 2ms and 5ms is unnoticeable.

so far i have these on my list based on whats available in my country and their prices.

LG L206WTQ= $312
http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/l206wtq.jhtml

LG L207WT= $312
http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/l207wt.jhtml

SAMSUNG SM 2032BW= $260
http://www.samsung.com/uk/business/b...ps/sm932gw.htm

SAMSUNG SM 2053BW= $260
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SyncMa.../ref=de_a_smtd

So if anyone who knows how to read specs well, please let me know which of these 3 would be the best gaming wise, or should i consider 5ms monitors with similar specs?

Thanks

Last edited by GanjaStar : Oct 29, 2008 at 03:34 AM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

just look for a monitor that has nice black color,and nice view angle.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:06 AM   #3
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

I'd go for something glossy like the HP W2007 + a better stand.

You won't be able to tell the difference between any two monitors under 8ms unless you're a fighter pilot by profession.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:40 AM   #4
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Antimatter=- View Post
I'd go for something glossy like the HP W2007 + a better stand.

You won't be able to tell the difference between any two monitors under 8ms unless you're a fighter pilot by profession.
I disagree. I have both a 5ms and a 2ms panel and you can see a big difference when moving the mouse back and forth quickly in 1st person shooters.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:50 AM   #5
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am not sure why you need to rule out 22" monitors? The 20" does have a better pixel pitch. But that is because it is smaller. Be aware that 20" widescreen is a lot shorter vertically than an 19" CRT. You better sit in front of one and be sure you are happy with the size of it. To me they are a little too small.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:50 AM   #6
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I disagree. I have both a 5ms and a 2ms panel and you can see a big difference when moving the mouse back and forth quickly in 1st person shooters.

okay im sensitive to that too, so its a 2ms for sure, just not sure about contrasts and the other stuff though now. in 2 days i gotta make the decision
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2008, 12:32 AM   #7
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

what ever you decide make sure you go find a store that carries the model you want and take a good look at it in person