Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:52 PM   #1501
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Getting a few flashing/glitches on bushes/trees with the 15.4 beta cats... not too bad tho now if I can just stop overclicking during fights and skipping cutscenes lol...
Another patch out today and the flickering bushes are gone... fps mode actually works pretty well when on foot. Third person I find easier for driving. Game is pretty sweet...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:56 PM   #1502
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Took 2 hours to install to a mechanical drive off 9 DVDs

5GB UPDATE required (3hrs download)
LOL me too I bought this on dvd to have a box thinking it would just slap on a dl online as its usually faster than installing from dvd. Many games Ive bought turned to online dling when installing. Hell no the bitch installed from dvd only.

Ya damn about 3 hours with the patch... dont think Ill ever uninstall it.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:27 AM   #1503
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Another patch out today and the flickering bushes are gone... fps mode actually works pretty well when on foot. Third person I find easier for driving. Game is pretty sweet...
really wish you could have a wider FOV for FP driving.

3d vision works pretty well though. shows insane amounts of memory use on there little bar but performs fine.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 AM   #1504
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Damn everything went too quick. Finished the main story with all the main side missions in 30 hours.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:15 AM   #1505
chadro
[tR3D]kount_n00bula

chadro is still being judged by the masses

i see that fixed the white turn arrows on the streets. They used to float 3 inches in the air. Does anyone find GTA online less fun that career?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:34 AM   #1506
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

12 hours, just got to Trevor.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:04 AM   #1507
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
really wish you could have a wider FOV for FP driving.

3d vision works pretty well though. shows insane amounts of memory use on there little bar but performs fine.

Ya honestly if they did that it would make fps driving doable. Many games have it as an adjustable setting...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:39 AM   #1508
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am running 1440P vsync and 144 Hz (getting half frames around 72) and no hitching. With 4xmsaa, fxaa and txaa on. Only thing set to very high is vegetation and shadows at softest. No hitching with Sli.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:12 AM   #1509
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Have we confirmed Grass foilage on Ultra vs Very high is not graphically Improved/Increased?
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:35 AM   #1510
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I am running 1440P vsync and 144 Hz (getting half frames around 72) and no hitching. With 4xmsaa, fxaa and txaa on. Only thing set to very high is vegetation and shadows at softest. No hitching with Sli.
Have you tried Nvidia shadows? They look better than softest and are actually less of a performance hit.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:00 AM   #1511
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This game is ****ed. After 4 days of downloading it finally says I can play it.

I tried the benchmark first to test my settings, but every time I choose benchmark, it simultaneously starts the game itself. So the benchmarks is trying to run over the opening scene of the game. Then the game mission fails and the benchmark quits?

So I instead try to play the game and the game keeps pausing, over and over and over again. I can't seem to get it to stop? I can't believe I dropped $47 for this piece of ****. ****.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:22 AM   #1512
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
This game is ****ed. After 4 days of downloading it finally says I can play it.

I tried the benchmark first to test my settings, but every time I choose benchmark, it simultaneously starts the game itself. So the benchmarks is trying to run over the opening scene of the game. Then the game mission fails and the benchmark quits?

So I instead try to play the game and the game keeps pausing, over and over and over again. I can't seem to get it to stop? I can't believe I dropped $47 for this piece of ****. ****.
srry to hear you are still having issues. although i've not run the benchmark, i've only had the game crash once in 18 hours.

concerning the constant pausing - there is an option under graphic settings "pause game on focus loss". make sure that is turned off.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:53 AM   #1513
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
12 hours, just got to Trevor.
Me too, but only took 5 hours.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:25 AM   #1514
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
concerning the constant pausing - there is an option under graphic settings "pause game on focus loss". make sure that is turned off.
Thanks. I found that setting myself and had fixed it, but nice that you shared. I appreciate it.

The benchmark started working after I got through the first part of the game.

Now if I could get the game to stop hitching. Everything runs pretty decent, but it's stutters and hitches every few seconds or so. Really ****ing annoying.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:28 AM   #1515
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Make sure your ram clocks are manageable since I had to put ram back to 1600 ddr3 for game to not hitch. Also vegetation at very high and not ultra.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:30 PM   #1516
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Thanks. I found that setting myself and had fixed it, but nice that you shared. I appreciate it.
welcome
Old Apr 19, 2015, 01:26 PM   #1517
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Nvidia guys using MSAA...Turn on MFAA in the NVidia control panel. it looks amazing.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:17 PM   #1518
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

MFAA is a lie.

Just like SLI+GSYNC+DSR.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:17 PM   #1519
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Nvidia guys using MSAA...Turn on MFAA in the NVidia control panel. it looks amazing.
The image quality vs performance boost MFAA provides is enough for me ton leave it on. I can barely see a difference at 4xAA.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:18 PM   #1520
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
MFAA is a lie.

Just like SLI+GSYNC+DSR.
Its better than TXAA which just makes the game a blurry mess.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:21 PM   #1521
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

MFAA is not available for SLI users.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:31 PM   #1522
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The online portion of this game is a damn mess. Trying to play with a buddy, and the game says, oh hell no. You gotta do some bullshit tutorial first. I'm hoping it opens up a bit once we hit lvl 12, because right now it's not very fun.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:50 PM   #1523
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
MFAA is not available for SLI users.
Reason I dumped SLi, Nvidia barely supports it..
Old Apr 19, 2015, 03:02 PM   #1524
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

time to do the GD flight school for a third time
Old Apr 19, 2015, 04:56 PM   #1525
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So, do we have a R3D crew yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Does it hit performance big time? My card is already maxed with 2x MSAA and other stuff maxed. Don't really want less than 40-50 fps...
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:40 PM   #1526
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post

Does it hit performance big time? My card is already maxed with 2x MSAA and other stuff maxed. Don't really want less than 40-50 fps...
not really.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 06:55 PM   #1527
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkz0r View Post

MFAA is maxwell only so you can't use it.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:15 PM   #1528
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Complaint post, mostly gameplay stuff. Skip if you cannot stand bad mouthing the game.
  • Car driving of the sports car was really...slidey..like the car doesn't loose control it just turns on its own axis. Was very strange but I think I'm used to it now. The slow motion stuff makes driving far too easy and lasts an eternity. :/
  • Hiding from police is kinda dumb. Get to a side street and a cop still finds you because you are within his detection range. BLEH
  • Shooting seems easy. Player movement is very slow to counter this I guess. Screen flash on kill could get annoying.
  • The game is not yet funny. I am most surprised by this fact.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:26 PM   #1529
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

If I had this game we would already have a crew together why can't you guys make one?

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2015, 07:45 PM   #1530
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've been online most of the day, KAC has been set to away and hasn't been on, neither has Kain...
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote