Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Mar 7, 2001, 11:47 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
-Elixer-

-Elixer- is still being judged by the masses

Well, for rage 128 & win2k users, they DID improve on a few things, but it seems these drivers are even slower than the ones before. They fixed several D3D bugs, and a few openGL bugs also. 3dmark2k tests out to be about 60 marks slower than before.

These drivers also killed my monitor, in that I can't change it from default, since it is now ghosted out, and the monitor is not even listed in the device manager anymore. I don't know if thise will hurt anything though.
-Elixer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2001, 10:44 PM   #2
Tommy

Tommy is still being judged by the masses

does anybody else get an error saying that my adaptor isn't compatible with this driver? I know for a fact that it is. However, its a OEM Rage 128 Pro with only 16 MB RAM... that shouldn't be a problem should it?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2001, 01:50 AM   #3
WimpMiester
Radeon R520

WimpMiester is still being judged by the masses

They are pretty much the same as the DirectX 8 Beta.
1) DirectX seems a little slower than 6292.

2) D3D still detects as DirectX 7. Everything else detects as DirectX 8.

3) OpenGL still has big problems. So I'm using the "Atio9xaa.dll" from 6292.

4) Rage Dawning Demo disables Exponential Fog. I found the problem, Table Fog must be on and I didn't realize I had turned it off.

Last edited by WimpMiester : Mar 25, 2001 at 07:17 PM.
WimpMiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad