Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 3, 2021, 06:09 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

With the low amount of 6K cards out there the jacket made the right choice going with Samsung, who cares if it’s better but can’t buy a card. The 6K series are far more vapor ware then the 3k series.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2021, 06:26 PM   #32
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
With the low amount of 6K cards out there the jacket made the right choice going with Samsung, who cares if it’s better but can’t buy a card. The 6K series are far more vapor ware then the 3k series.
but the infinity cache kills the 6000's for mining and the 3080 is the top mining card on the market now

you won't see a 3080 at MSRP till Bitcoin crashes again it is the 1080 ti again only worse

my 1080 ti Strix went from 779.99 to 1600 bucks 3 weeks after i got it and stayed that way almost till the 2080 ti came out

NV sold a crap ton of 1080 ti's directly to miners
is it odd that the 3080 does so well at mining and is nowhere to be seen but ebay and mining

remember

Quote:
Nvidia Disguised $1B in ‘Fickle’ Crypto Mining Sales as Gaming Revenue, Lawsuit Claims
https://www.coindesk.com/nvidia-disg...evenue-lawsuit

even with low volume the 6000's may be easer to find in a few months
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2021, 06:43 PM   #33
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
sorry ampere would have been killer on TSMC lower watts and higher OC
and no mater what it won't on Samsung ever .

and with crapcoin at 33k+ and rising and it doing well mining Samsung will never make enough now
I don't see Samsung 5nm being much better. Their 8nm process is already incredibly inefficient with low yield; there is little chance their 5nm fares much better.

Regardless of what the card would be like on TSMC, at least you can actually get one. Granted it's a pain in the ass, but I'm regularly seeing stock drop. If the option is either a Samsung 8nm with minimal stock vs a TSMC 7nm with no stock (because they're letting consoles eat up all supply) then I'll take the 8nm card every day.

TSMC is completely swamped. This is the issue when you allow one manufacturing company essentially monopolize the market. As much as you all hate Intel, they at least were superior and created competition in that industry. Now you have Samsung who is miles behind, and an Intel that people chastise for 14nm+800, even though the density of their 14nm is really not comparable to what that 14nm started out with. It's an issue blown out of proportion by the market. Honestly unless Intel can get their fabrication back in shape, the industry will be completely ****ed and overpriced because TSMC will have their entire hands wrapped around every single chip maker in the market.

If you think cards were expensive this year, just wait. TSMC is already price-gouging for their 7nm; if things continue on this path, and you thought cards were expensive this year? you're in for a rude awakening.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 4, 2021, 10:36 AM   #34
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
sorry ampere would have been killer on TSMC lower watts and higher OC
and no mater what it won't on Samsung ever .

and with crapcoin at 33k+ and rising and it doing well mining Samsung will never make enough now
Possibly yes but you have not addressed TSMC being up to capacity.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:24 AM   #35
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Possibly yes but you have not addressed TSMC being up to capacity.
doesn't fly .

they had their normal slot and capacity reserved at TSMC till they started playing we want a better price because we are big bad NVidia games

and big bad TSMC told them to go get stuffed " so you don't want it ok we just sold it to AMD .... bye bye "

with their normal slot and capacity and TSMC much better yields they might have been the same or better
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:33 AM   #36
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
doesn't fly .

they had their normal slot and capacity reserved at TSMC till they started playing we want a better price because we are big bad NVidia games

and big bad TSMC told them to go get stuffed " so you don't want it ok we just sold it to AMD .... bye bye "

with their normal slot and capacity and TSMC much better yields they might have been the same or better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I don't see Samsung 5nm being much better. Their 8nm process is already incredibly inefficient with low yield; there is little chance their 5nm fares much better.

Regardless of what the card would be like on TSMC, at least you can actually get one. Granted it's a pain in the ass, but I'm regularly seeing stock drop. If the option is either a Samsung 8nm with minimal stock vs a TSMC 7nm with no stock (because they're letting consoles eat up all supply) then I'll take the 8nm card every day.

TSMC is completely swamped. This is the issue when you allow one manufacturing company essentially monopolize the market. As much as you all hate Intel, they at least were superior and created competition in that industry. Now you have Samsung who is miles behind, and an Intel that people chastise for 14nm+800, even though the density of their 14nm is really not comparable to what that 14nm started out with. It's an issue blown out of proportion by the market. Honestly unless Intel can get their fabrication back in shape, the industry will be completely ****ed and overpriced because TSMC will have their entire hands wrapped around every single chip maker in the market.

If you think cards were expensive this year, just wait. TSMC is already price-gouging for their 7nm; if things continue on this path, and you thought cards were expensive this year? you're in for a rude awakening.
What Nunz said is spot on IMHO.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:49 AM   #37
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What Nunz said is spot on IMHO.
no

the cards weren't expensive this time that was last time and turing was 12nm

AMD seems to be doing fine with 7nm prices on a lot more parts for a lot longer

no NV screwed the pooch with TSMC and maybe for a long time because the jacket wanted a higher profit margin not for card prices .

Quote:
AMD Radeon Navi 21 XTXH Variant Spotted, Another Flagship Graphics Card Incoming?
https://www.techpowerup.com/276747/a...-card-incoming

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 4, 2021 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:53 PM   #38
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Countries are starting to be more and more concerned about hardware level security and we are starting to see plans to invest large amounts of capital into chip manufacturing research to be able to compete with the likes of TSMC so shorty term TSMC may be ahead but we could start seeing state level competition within the next decade.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 01:00 PM   #39
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
Countries are starting to be more and more concerned about hardware level security and we are starting to see plans to invest large amounts of capital into chip manufacturing research to be able to compete with the likes of TSMC so shorty term TSMC may be ahead but we could start seeing state level competition within the next decade.
well they are putting a tsmc fab in arizona

they say 2024 it should go online
Old Jan 4, 2021, 03:17 PM   #40
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I was talking more about the EU and China. US technically has Intel and are putting up foreign businesses plants in their borders we will see how that goes. Hopefully it is not another foxconn

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 04:33 PM   #41
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
doesn't fly .

That's really worked out well for for Radeon 6xxx cards hasn't it. Not. Still MIA so where are they
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 05:36 PM   #42
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
That's really worked out well for for Radeon 6xxx cards hasn't it. Not. Still MIA so where are they
Not MIA, just not widely available. Which is par for the course given when they launched and current world wide madness.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Jan 4, 2021 at 05:51 PM. Reason: removed the bit on Global Foundries as I've caught up on where they are now. Not really worth mentioning unless they change.
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2021, 06:54 PM   #43
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

SuperGeil is still being judged by the masses

Folding@home

Zen 3 is becoming more and more available, easier to pick up. Radeon will catch up I assume next month.
LG 43UD79-B
SuperGeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2021, 02:56 PM   #44
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGeil View Post
Zen 3 is becoming more and more available, easier to pick up. Radeon will catch up I assume next month.
Agree I've just looked on a few sites and the 5600X especially is readily available. A bit over MSRP but that's to be expected in this market. I just bought a 3800X so not looking to upgrade for a couple of years or wait for 5800X to drop to close to £300 if Zen 4 comes out next year on new AM5 platform. No big rush as I'm not CPU bound anyway.

With regards to the RTX 3xxx and Radeon 6xxx can't see supply improving in the too distant future. UK back in lock down so scalpers will still be a thing for the time being I'm afraid. Sad.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:26 PM   #45
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Longer supply chain for GPUs vs CPUs means it takes longer to ramp
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:07 AM   #46
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:18 AM   #47
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
well they are putting a tsmc fab in arizona

they say 2024 it should go online
I always wondered about this since the first day I heard about it. What are the prices on hardware going to be like from the Arizona fab? Will it even be competitive?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:03 PM   #48
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I always wondered about this since the first day I heard about it. What are the prices on hardware going to be like from the Arizona fab? Will it even be competitive?
there are already a number of Intel Fab's and others here

i worked on the Intel one in Queen Creek AZ

https://www.chipsetc.com/semiconductors-in-arizona.html
Old Jan 23, 2021, 01:51 PM   #49
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Quote from the article.."AMD has never confirmed when exactly could RDNA 3 architecture be announced, but based on the roadmaps, AMD is expected to talk about the architecture by 2022. It would appear that AMD might lift a curtain on RDNA3 somewhere later this year."

Q3/4 2022 maybe. Maybe a RDNA2 refresh in between who knows or just the usual 2 year upgrade cycle.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 02:31 PM   #50
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Quote from the article.."AMD has never confirmed when exactly could RDNA 3 architecture be announced, but based on the roadmaps, AMD is expected to talk about the architecture by 2022. It would appear that AMD might lift a curtain on RDNA3 somewhere later this year."

Q3/4 2022 maybe. Maybe a RDNA2 refresh in between who knows or just the usual 2 year upgrade cycle.
AMD doesn't do refreshes like NV
they will do a rehash of RDNA 2 cards as lower end mid range sku's after RDNA 3 comes out ( same cards with new numbers ) maybe on 5nm but most likely still on 7nm

and they have hit their release dates on the roadmaps for years on CPU's and GPU's and i think they will hit RDNA 3 by the end of the year before 2022

vega 7 release date = February 7, 2019

5700 xt release date = July 7, 2019

6800 xt release date = November 18, 2020

what usual 2 year upgrade cycle NV is on that not AMD

maybe Q1 at latest with the virus but i would not bet against them hitting December this year

and i bet the jacket isn't either

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 23, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 03:04 PM   #51
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ya this 2 year wait idea is nonsense. They will release along the same schedule as RTX 4k.

Most impressive if true...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.2.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.2.2. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:15 PM   #52
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
AMD doesn't do refreshes like NV
they will do a rehash of RDNA 2 cards as lower end mid range sku's after RDNA 3 comes out ( same cards with new numbers ) maybe on 5nm but most likely still on 7nm

and they have hit their release dates on the roadmaps for years on CPU's and GPU's and i think they will hit RDNA 3 by the end of the year before 2022

vega 7 release date = February 7, 2019

5700 xt release date = July 7, 2019

6800 xt release date = November 18, 2020

what usual 2 year upgrade cycle NV is on that not AMD

maybe Q1 at latest with the virus but i would not bet against them hitting December this year

and i bet the jacket isn't either
Vega VII was never on any roadmap they were failed Instinct cards that because of the crazy hike in prices of the RTX20 series AMD released them with very limited supply.

The 6800XT is not a replacement of the 5700XT the 6700XT will be. That's now not slated to launch until end of H1 2021 which if July or later 2021 is a two year gap.

The 5700XT replaced Vega 64 which was launched in August 2017. Another two year gap. Vega 64 replaced the Fury card which was launched June 2015.
FFS I bought Fury, Vega 64 and 5700XT and it was a two year upgrade cycle which at the time suited me fine.

The 6800/6900XT are a segment above what AMD have had in the last decade so aren't a replacement for anything previously released. They're brand new. The 7800/7900 RDNA3 will replace them and if that's Q3 2022 I think that would be more than a coincidence.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:23 PM   #53
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
The 6800XT is not a replacement of the 5700XT the 6700XT will be.
stop, that makes no sense. It was their acting high end, and now that is 6800XT. If they wanted to release the 6700XT first, they would have focused on that.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:34 PM   #54
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Semantics again. The context was clearly price point.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:38 PM   #55
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Semantics again. The context was clearly price point.
The context is release schedules of a new architecture. Price point has nothing to do with this. The 5700XT was the RDNA high end and the 6800XT is the RNDA2 high end.
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:42 PM   #56
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The 6900xt is the highend.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:49 PM   #57
SuperGeil
Radeon R420

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
The 6900xt is the highend.
Just scratch high-end. Just think architecture.
When did RDNA come out and when did RDNA2 come out?
LG 43UD79-B
Old Jan 23, 2021, 05:11 PM   #58
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
there are already a number of Intel Fab's and others here

i worked on the Intel one in Queen Creek AZ

https://www.chipsetc.com/semiconductors-in-arizona.html
Good to hear. I wonder if they'll slap on even bigger tarrifs on anything from China thus the ones from Arizona end up looking cheaper.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 05:14 PM   #59
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
stop, that makes no sense. It was their acting high end, and now that is 6800XT. If they wanted to release the 6700XT first, they would have focused on that.
Supergeil whilst the 5700XT was a "high end" AMD card it was basically a mid range card when you took Nvidia cards into account.

That card was never meant to compete against Nvidia's enthusiast card the 2080ti, the 5700XT competed against the 2070/Super which was Nvidia's mid range card.

The MSRP of the 6800XT is £649 so about 50% more expensive than a 5700XT. The 6800XT competes against the 3080 which is one of Nvidia's enthusiast cards and the MSRP of the 3080 is £649.

AMD released the 6800XT/6900XT to compete in the enthusiast segment against the 3080/3090 which is the first time they've done that in over a decade.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:05 PM   #60
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

the 6800 xt will be the 7570 xt
in a year after the 7800 xt comes out