Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old May 6, 2007, 11:20 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
darksteel89

darksteel89 is still being judged by the masses

Default Radeon Xpress 1100

Ive been having some problems with my Xpress 1100, at least I think Ive narrowed it down to the graphics. Anything I try to do, at random times, will get choppy and laggy.

I have an Acer Aspire 5102 laptop.
Other specs:
AMD Turion 64 x2
1 gb ram shared
128 mb for xpress 1100
Vista Home Premium

Now I know I cant expect it to run F.E.A.R at full or anything but when I play Pocket Tanks on this thing it lags and gets choppy when i fire a missile,even when im going through the menus. I mean, the p.o.s IBMs at my school run Pocket Tanks fine, Im pretty sure this should be able to handle it. Any game I play skips and lags, including Counter Strike: Source at the lowest graphics. And I know its not an internet problem because it happens offline.

When I had XP I did the whole driver uninstall/reinstall and nothing changed. When I upgraded to Vista nothing changed. Right after the clean install and new drivers for everything, the same exact thing happened. I have Catalyst 7.4 installed now.

Its really annoying that my crappy pc with onboard SiS chip can run CS:S fine but thins thing cant.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Sorry about the double thread I dont know what happened and I cant delete the other one :\

Last edited by darksteel89 : May 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Welcome to Rage3D darksteel89. Your posts got caught in the mod queue. I've cleared them for you - please let me know if you have any other posting issues. Thanks!
Old May 7, 2007, 08:29 PM   #3
darksteel89

darksteel89 is still being judged by the masses

Thank you, Lupine

Ive been searching around the net and found that this is a very common problem. I dont know how to fix it but apparently its a problem with OpenGL support.

Last edited by darksteel89 : May 7, 2007 at 09:03 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad