Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » You're Dead
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

You're Dead Admin discussions

Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Default Affiliate List

Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

So we're sure each and every one of them works? Because I visited a couple of sites, and either our emails end up or their spam list, or they never print our stories.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
So we're sure each and every one of them works? Because I visited a couple of sites, and either our emails end up or their spam list, or they never print our stories.
No, I'm not certain of anything - again, this was initially set up as a stopgap when we were recovering from Ratchet leaving and I was trying to get things rolling again, if only on three wheels. I'm quite certain there are more elegant and effective solutions available to us, but this stuff was (and is) outside of my kb and I never got around to looking at it in-depth.

And no, I'm not being defensive, just trying to offer the proper context.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationKombatant has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Just thought I'd explore ways to get more visibility for our reviews
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Just thought I'd explore ways to get more visibility for our reviews
And I'm glad for it. One reason I hadn't moved further on this, beyond the general overwhelmed feeling experienced during those first few years, was that I assumed vb4 would bring along a new set of content advertising tools - giving me the "at least we're doing something, we'll revisit when vb4 site is live" excuse (poor excuse but whatever). Well, we all know how long we've been in this vb4 "transition", so if we can do something to improve / replace / rethink how we advertise content in a way that benefits the site ... I certainly won't stand in the way. Too much work goes into this, through the whole content process, to avoid exploring new / different / better methods.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Subscriber

It's a pity because we now have a steady flow of original content; and if you search google for a bit you'll see that apart from the usual suspects, nobody even notices we have a front page
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:24 AM   #7
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
It's a pity because we now have a steady flow of original content; and if you search google for a bit you'll see that apart from the usual suspects, nobody even notices we have a front page
Lets fix that.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:33 AM   #8
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Subscriber

On it; will contact several high-profile sites and update the first post accordingly.

Pending reply
Engadget // The Verge // Fudzilla // Legit Reviews // Hexus // X-bit
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:15 AM   #9
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
On it; will contact several high-profile sites and update the first post accordingly.

Pending reply
Engadget // EliteBastards // The Verge // Fudzilla // Legit Reviews // Hexus // X-bit
I'm also very open to ideas that move us to a subscription (or other) system from the rather clunky system I've been using (email list from my @rage3d.com account).
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:33 PM   #10
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

Ichneumon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
I'm also very open to ideas that move us to a subscription (or other) system from the rather clunky system I've been using (email list from my @rage3d.com account).
I've looked into this a couple times in the past. There are a number of what seem like fairly canned newsletter systems that incorporate opt-out and whatnot. I don't have a list handy, but we can look into that this week.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:15 PM   #11
Lupine
Administrator

Added to today's article advert:

[email protected] (talked to Theo Valich and said to send to that instead of [email protected], because the latter is overloaded)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]