Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Apr 16, 2021, 07:41 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I noticed this with other peoples AIDA results aswell, some had similar to my score while others similar to Adams. It's either instability on my part or AIDA just being AIDA.. it doesn't seem to read everyones system correctly like gear modes for example aren't always detected properly.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:41 PM   #422
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My AIDA64 results are consistent. Cache results scale with processor speed. Never had it report low like that.

I'm able to get 5.2GHz all eight cores stable now. Just have to not be afraid to throw voltage at it. These processors like it. I'm settling on 5.3GHz up to two cores and 5.2GHz on all eight. These CPUs are great if you know how to squeeze the performance out of them.

Ran CPU-Z bench for the heck of it. Look at that IPC.

Intel Core i7 11900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z590 Master - 32GB Crucial Ballistix Max RGB DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio - 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe SSD - Two 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe SSDs in 16TB RAID-0 - Corsair Crystal 465X case - NZXT Kraken X72 cooler - Corsair ML & QL fans - Corsair AX1600i power supply - Razer BlackWidow V3 Pro keyboard - Cooler Master MM831 mouse - 65" LG C9 OLED display - Denon AVR-X3500H receiver - Klipsch 5.2.2 Reference speakers
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:54 PM   #423
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just worked out it's because I had AVX512 disabled. When enabled L1 cache scores are back in the 4.5-5k range.

I've settled on 54/52, but using a +1 bin for all core only - so if TVB feels inclined, it can boost all core to 53. This way max possible clocks are 54 2c/53 all core.

As for IPC, crack that 750 ST Adam

https://valid.x86.fr/em5i7f
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2021, 01:11 AM   #424
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Thinking about ordering the 11900K and the board.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2021, 05:32 AM   #425
demo
space cadet

You're crazy. I'll swap you, except for the board.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:01 AM   #426
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:45 AM   #427
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Silicon Lottery has become such a rip off. They're asking so much money for 5.1Ghz all-core which pretty much all RKL chips can hit.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2021, 09:55 AM   #428
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

lol might as well get a 5950X instead.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 09:32 PM   #429
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:06 PM   #430
demo
space cadet

Goes to show 11900k wasn't ready for prime time at launch when 11700KF beats it in every test after a few weeks of BIOS updates.

On another note, new BIOS for my board allows higher Gear 1 memory speeds. I've only been able to push to 3733 up from 3600 but others have been hitting up to 4000. Haven't played with gear 2 much yet, will get around to that soon.

Boost behaviour seems to have changed a bit as well, I only set +1 bin but it's boosting to 5.5 with excessive voltages by itself.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:27 PM   #431
KAC
It might be gays!

If you are a die hard Intel nub that processor is not a bad buy.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 05:01 AM   #432
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thinking about ordering the 11900K and the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
You're crazy. I'll swap you, except for the board.

I take that back, not a chance. Tuning this mofo like a beast.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 09:02 AM   #433
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes pretty sure you can extract more performance than what I managed to do with 5900X.
Old May 1, 2021, 08:30 PM   #434
KAC
It might be gays!

Am seeing more and more videos where the 11th gen is destroying the 5900X. I think a holiday is coming up and my balls are itching for a new PC build. Going to put up my 5900X/X570 combo on sale.

Reinstalling windows will be a bitch.

Thoughts?
Old May 1, 2021, 08:37 PM   #435
KAC
It might be gays!

Old May 1, 2021, 10:13 PM   #436
demo
space cadet

I think you're crazy. 12th gen and AM5 will be out near the end of year, wait till then for platform change.
Old May 1, 2021, 10:16 PM   #437
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Am seeing more and more videos where the 11th gen is destroying the 5900X. I think a holiday is coming up and my balls are itching for a new PC build. Going to put up my 5900X/X570 combo on sale.

Reinstalling windows will be a bitch.

Thoughts?
Looks like from your game video above it just depends on the game. I dont see anything getting destroyed. Looks like a waste of money, But I guess if you could sell even up and you want Intel instead you would get close to the same performance depending on game being played.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2021, 10:37 PM   #438
KAC
It might be gays!

Stupid rational people.
Old May 2, 2021, 08:17 AM   #439
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Stupid rational people.
Bro, all that money burning a hole in your pocket...... spend it NOW!!!

Better?

yoz
Old May 2, 2021, 08:33 AM   #440
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

How does KAC have the time and money for all these builds, TVs, games, and movies? I want to be like him.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2021, 08:38 AM   #441
KAC
It might be gays!

I am a very productive individual. I also work 55 hour weeks btw.
Old May 2, 2021, 11:24 AM   #442
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
How does KAC have the time and money for all these builds, TVs, games, and movies? I want to be like him.
You need to keep up with the KACs.

He got an unexpected bonus recently of good performance.

yoz
Old May 2, 2021, 02:14 PM   #443
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You need to keep up with the KACs.

He got an unexpected bonus recently of good performance.
And little ... lifetime
Old May 4, 2021, 07:00 AM   #444
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I am a very productive individual. I also work 55 hour weeks btw.
Lol 55 hours a week. I remember what a part time job felt like
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2021, 07:54 PM   #445
KAC
It might be gays!

Unlike you Hapa, I go to a real job and am not abused like a hooker.

Btw I have worked 80 hour days for 11/16 years of my career so I do know what you are talking about.
Old May 4, 2021, 09:32 PM   #446
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Unlike you Hapa, I go to a real job and am not abused like a hooker.

Btw I have worked 80 hour days for 11/16 years of my career so I do know what you are talking about.
Tell us more about your hooker life, please.

yoz
Old May 5, 2021, 01:39 AM   #447
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Who is the king of slavery at work here ? KAC ?
Old May 8, 2021, 08:48 AM   #448
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old May 29, 2021, 01:16 AM   #449
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Intel 10nm Tiger Lake CPUs Arrive on 11th Gen Desktop Platforms, B-Series Chips With Willow Cove Cores & 65W TDPs

https://wccftech.com/intel-10nm-tige...cores-65w-tdp/
Old May 29, 2021, 07:29 AM   #450
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Intel throwing a sneaky one out there. Very interested to see how these 10nm chips OC and scale compared to the pure 14nm chips.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote